Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Iv already googled several different things that are far cheaper than an iphone that record music practice. You really dont have to feed everyone this line, just admit you wanted an iphone.
    I honestly didn't just want an iPhone. But if that makes you feel like you "won" something, you can believe that all you want.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What smartphone do you use? Do you like it? Are you looking to upgrade to something better? I was running the S7 Edge until last week. I upgraded to the note 8 and I'm loving the phone
    Currently running with a Huawei P10, and I'm quite satisfied. Used to be all for the Sony but when it was time for a new phone, they had none, so chose a different brand while the wife chose an iPhone 7+, almost a year ago.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a galaxy s7 edge.

I am planning on upgrading to an s9 later in the month when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Xiaomi mi mix 2 , iPhone 7 for developing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moto G3. Waiting for the release of the G6 to replace it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Note 8.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Pixel XL, the first one. Still working great so no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    It says "smartphone" in the title, so there must be something wrong with your head edge lord.

I am using S7 Edge right now and not planning to upgrade any time soon and when I have to, I will pick something cheap.

I was going to a Razer phone but my friends all have Galaxy s8's, so i went with that.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I had always been an android user, but this time I went with an iPhone 7.

I play in several bands, and when we practice, I like to record the sessions to listen back later. On the android phones, the play back would always sound like garbled nonsense. Mind you, this is in a small room with drums, 3 guitars, and vocals. When my guitarist for one of the bands would record with their iPhone, it was always perfectly clear. If I placed my android right next to her iPhone, her's would sound perfect, while mine sounded like garbage.

So now, I have an iPhone, and it really does sound amazing when recording loud audio.
    That's an interesting observation... Never had an issue with garbled recording on my various Android devices, but I'm not recording anything remotely close to what you're doing there. I have to assume it's more related to your specific model than the Android OS (though it's possible). Glad you found a solution, even if it's turning traitor : )

Edit: Oh, and on topic, I have a Nexus 6, which I got super cheap when the 6P was coming out... Fucking Love It... Going to be so sad when it's gone, because I won't want to spend a grand on a replacement, which is likely what would be needed to feel like it's not a significant downgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    HTC 10 with Android 8

- - - Updated - - -

That has nothing to do with android, it was because you had a shitty phone most likely.
    Samsung Galaxy? HTC M8? Those are great phones.

I think you all aren't really appreciating the volume in a small rehearsal studio.

7+ Year Old Account
    have the huawei p10 lite.

and i love it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It says "smartphone" in the title, so there must be something wrong with your head edge lord.

I am using S7 Edge right now and not planning to upgrade any time soon and when I have to, I will pick something cheap.
    It has rounded edges. It seems you use an edge phone though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    That's an interesting observation... Never had an issue with garbled recording on my various Android devices, but I'm not recording anything remotely close to what you're doing there. I have to assume it's more related to your specific model than the Android OS (though it's possible). Glad you found a solution, even if it's turning traitor : )
    Thanks for understanding. And yes, I do feel like a traitor as I have owned many androids over the years. This is my first iPhone, and while it is super basic, it does serve the purpose I bought it for.

And if it counts for anything, I got the previous model so I didn't have to spend a ton of money on it. It was actually cheaper than the Galaxy S8 since that had just came out. Though if I got the Galaxy S7, it would had been cheaper than the iPhone i'm sure.

Recently moved from a galaxy to an iphoneX.

So far it's a win in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just upgraded a couple weeks ago, from my 4-year-old Nexus 5 to the Essential Phone. It had a rocky launch but the software updates have cleaned up the rough edges a lot, and the price drop they had in November meant I got top-end hardware for a song; I paid $0 down, and have to pay $10/mo for two years on top of my normal bill.

By comparison, the Pixel 2 (which is a better phone, particularly in terms of software and the camera in particular, but the hardware is REAL close) would've cost me $600 down, plus $23/mo for two years, and I would've had to upgrade to a more expensive monthly plan (my current is $40/mo, the minimum I could've gotten was $76/mo). And that was for the 64gb version (the Essential has 128gb of storage).

It's a gorgeous phone, and it comes with basically zero bloatware, just raw Android (Essential being a company founded by Rubin, the guy who came up with Android). Which was a plus to me, too. Don't think it can be beat at its current price point, even if I'd put the Pixel 2 as slightly superior overall.

Deleted
    S8+ from launch. It's amazing except for the bigxby button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I was going to a Razer phone but my friends all have Galaxy s8's, so i went with that.
    You choose wisely

Note 4, plan on updating to the Note 8 in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    iPhone X

Always have to match my clients.

Currently iPhone 7+ ...
    Thinking of Pixel XL 2 (or 3 when it comes out).
    Avoid Samsung like the plague.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.