Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not really looking forward to this and i hope they wont become playable horde race

they're pretty cute but the goblin animations are horrible. Sethrak would be cool but it seems like we are going to end up with hundreds of allied races if every interesting NPC gets to become one.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, this makes for a really strong case regarding Horde Vulpera. Crazy about the Kul'Tirans though. I wonder what the other Alliance Allied Race will be? Wildhammer Dwarves?

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Hell, that'd be even better. Although, I would love to see some nautical themed racials and heritage armor, but if I had to choose... I'd much rather have them be customization options just so I don't have to pay to race swap or level a new character.

That honestly does make more sense with the Kultiran humans and thin humans being discovered at the same time and whatnot. Iunno, we'll see... I just want them playable in some form!

- - - Updated - - -

Seth'rak are enemies to Horde and Alliance... don't hold your breath, friendo.
    So were dark iron dwarves and zadalari trolls at one point......

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during development of Patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races.

Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future!
    Does anyone actually buy this blue post? Seems like a wizard of oz level smoke screen to me.

Maybe in a future patch... but I don't see little fox creatures following a zombie witch into a blood feud that doesn't involve them... after Sylvanas dies... sure they might follow Baine or Lor'themar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Maybe in a future patch... but I don't see little fox creatures following a zombie witch into a blood feud that doesn't involve them... after Sylvanas dies... sure they might follow Baine or Lor'themar.
    Maybe they just look cute but are actually devious little assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Maybe they just look cute but are actually devious little assholes.
    Lol, well played
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Yep, this makes for a really strong case regarding Horde Vulpera. Crazy about the Kul'Tirans though. I wonder what the other Alliance Allied Race will be? Wildhammer Dwarves?
    I'm actually more excited about Kul'Tirans not having an allied race variable. This opens up some amazing head-canon in my mind where Jaina goes psycho and takes all of Kul Tiras with her. The Alliance needs a sea-faring race to fight them off, so they recruit the last overlooked Allied Race from Legion: mutha fuckin Vrykul.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to add, I typed up this explanation elsewhere, in case anyone needs some extra details for why exactly this points at them actually being a confirmed Allied Race:

Blizzard is trying to play it off, but in the chrraces database file, they were expliclty given CreateScreenFile and SelectScreenFile IDs, which only the playable races have. That's how the dataminers originally discovered the first four allied races before BfA was even announced.

CreateScreenFile determines the background you see for a character during character creation (Horde or Alliance), while SelectScreenFile is for the character select screen and is unique for each race, as well as Death Knight and Demon Hunter.

Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Troll, and Vulpera all currently have the CreateScreenFile ID 623714, which points to the Horde character creation screen. Void Elf, Lightforged Draenei, and Dark Iron Dwarf currently have the CreateScreenFile ID 623712, which is is the Alliance character creation screen.

To add, Zandalari Troll and Vulpera are currently reusing the Horde character creation screen for their select screen, while Dark Iron Dwarf is currently reusing the Dwarf select screen. Moreover, the Vulpera are using the same screen xyz screen positioning/scaling as the goblins, which makes sense, since they're the same base skeleton / height / etc.

For the sake of comparison, the current NPC races in the chrraces database file that don't have CreateScreenFile and SelectScreenFile IDs are: Fel Orc, Naga, Broken, Skeleton, Vrykul, Tuskarr, Forest Troll, Taunka, Northrend Skeleton, Ice Troll, Kul'Tiran, and (thin) Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm actually more excited about Kul'Tirans not having an allied race variable. This opens up some amazing head-canon in my mind where Jaina goes psycho and takes all of Kul Tiras with her. The Alliance needs a sea-faring race to fight them off, so they recruit the last overlooked Allied Race from Legion: mutha fuckin Vrykul.
    Fuck yeah!!!! Glory to the Tideskorn!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    We don't know much of their culture though.

Maybe they'll feel honourbound to help us after we helped them, or maybe they hate Kul Tiras because of some historic event like them finally inventing boats and getting blasted out of the ocean by nasty humans.

There's more to races and worlds than "fluffy thing not like vampire"

Wowhead is datamining that Vulpera can be Death Knights and Paladins, and I've lost all faith in the world.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281631/e...-and-npc-races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    https://twitter.com/WowChakra/status/960999877516947456

See those numbers at the end? That is the allied race variable, see how its exactly the same for Zandalari and Vulpera? So yes, they are being added and yes they are going to be Horde. They even added child models to them with this patch.

Unless their catagorization on the client changes, they are indeed flagged as an allied race.

And you can see that the kul'tiran humans and several other NPC races are in here, however they do NOT have the allied race variable on them, and there are two different variables, one for alliance and one for horde.

So there you go, argument is closed unless this variable changes.
    Speculation isn't proof, and then there is https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-106

And I'm going to believe Blizzard before I believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and they said the same damn thing when we found database strings for our current allied races, like seriously? A community manager replying to this particular allied race proof, but not touching any of the other race threads?

And as I said, the database doesnt lie, so if that stays the same, then they are indeed an allied race.

I don't stop believing the facts infront of me just because a community manager is trying to keep a future feature secret :P

If you actually took the time to READ what I've posted and look at the evidence yourself, you'd see that yes, NPC races are in the list, but there are stark numerical differences in the variables there. And Vulpera has the same variables in several spots as Zandalari does, however the kul'tirans do not.
    What IS confirmed is your trying to pass off your hopes and dreams as facts... they are still your hopes and dreams, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence "low-key" in the title, this isnt a confirmation, but it is a more direct proof than them just being added to the NPC/Player Race database.
    If its not 'confirmation' then you shouldn't have lied in the title.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I'll be honest, the Horde is quickly on their way to becoming the "pretty" faction.

Blood elves, basically prettier Night Elves with the Nightborne, now the cute fox race look extremely likely?

And I said it in another thread, I'll say it here....

Beastmaster vulpera with 2 foxes riding the fox mount with the fox mini pet.

https://twitter.com/WowChakra/status/960999877516947456

See those numbers at the end? That is the allied race variable, see how its exactly the same for Zandalari and Vulpera? So yes, they are being added and yes they are going to be Horde. They even added child models to them with this patch.

Unless their catagorization on the client changes, they are indeed flagged as an allied race.

And you can see that the kul'tiran humans and several other NPC races are in here, however they do NOT have the allied race variable on them, and there are two different variables, one for alliance and one for horde.

So there you go, argument is closed unless this variable changes.
    Your title is at odds with your post and makes you an non-credible source. You just said that it is confirmed that they are horde but your title says that it is speculation. Which is it? All you are doing is speculating so stop presneting yourself as fact. Use the correct term. It is not confirmed because it hasn't been confirmed. The term you are looking for is nerdfirmed. That is when there are no facts coming out from Blizzard but you know better than blizzard anyway and what you say is true. Other nerdfirmed facts: Alliance was going to get high elves. 8.0 was going to be a South Seas expansion. 8.0 was going to be Bolvar's time. I have a girlfriend from Canada and she is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    No way in the seven hells a race with so much customization will not become playable.
    My thoughts too. Why go to this level for an NPC race? It’s never been an issue with NPC races before.

I'm posting this because so many are swallowing that distraction without looking at the evidence, I read it. And its near the same as the shit they said when we found nightborne etc in the database.

However, this is more than them just being in the database, there are actual numerical data'strings here. You dont need to be a master coder to see the correlation here.
    Was about to say the same thing, I remembered the nay-sayers when Nightborne were found. For Vulpera there's MORE evidence.

It's funny they mention void elves. The race whose only npcs are part of the quest to unlock them or chiling in the hub they were given.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not confirmed by blizzard. As long as they aren't they can't be 100% confirmed, however this change in the database provides enough proof to me, that I find it highly likely that they are being added.

Proof of something is only a confirmation if no conflicting information shows up. But let's not argue words here, it's pointless. I just wanted to bring this to everyones attention, did I use some click-baity words in my title? Absolutely.
    you lied, flat out you lied.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.