Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    actually, its not like that. allied races are basically new races, not just cosmetic.
    I beg to differ... Lightforged Draenei are literally normal Draenei who go through the trial... I would have much preferred having Broken as our allied race and "unlocking" the customization options after doing the Trials questline.

I would rather be given 1 x Free Race Change with the expansion purchase than 1 x 110 Character Boost =/

It blows my mind that people can be this greedy.

There is no logical progression that can lead you to say, "I deserve a free race change". Just because races look the same or are even linked in the lore doesn't mean that you deserve one.

Blizzard also never set any kind of precedent like this.

It is not about being lazy. What about all these character only achievements I have been earning over the years? What about my character only titles? ? ...you are totally missing the point
    They're still on that character.

You are not entitled to carry them to a new character just because a new race came out.

Good Lord how insufferably entitled can someone be? There is absolutely no reason you deserve a free race change.
    Last edited by StraTosSpeAr; 2018-02-02 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    As a normal Tauren i thought at least i would have the ability to change into a high mountain tauren for free. Surely in the story it just means reshaping my antlers, getting a few tattoos and dying my fur a different colour. Same with the Draenei into the Lightforged Draenei and blood elf into nightborne.

I don't want to start/level a new character and level all the way to 110. I am happy with this one. The fact that I have to pay £19 for a race change on top of the £52 i have just paid for this expansion is madness.

Blizzard sponging money again.
    I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not. That's how silly your post is. (Which is GOOD, if you're joking!)

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is not about being lazy. What about all these character only achievements I have been earning over the years? What about my character only titles? ? ...you are totally missing the point
    They should make stuff like rep and achievements 100% account wide (including honor levels), instead.

I have 10 alts coming up with 2 more for all the classes. Just race change to an Allied Race then if you want your main (if you have more than one toon) as an Allied Race. Ez you don't have to complain on a forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Because Blizzard, The King of Greed, likes to sells things that cost them nothing for lots of money.
    ^_^

Obvious answer is obvious, OP.

Blizzards no-effort reskin (lol @ new race, guys.) and your 3 options: major effort leveling to 110 compared to old leveling, buying a boost, or race change. Either way they're making money for something that took considerable less time than making an actual new race would have taken. The mega-shitty part about this is I doubt we'll ever get new races again since allied races have been financially successful for obvious reasons just read above lol.

why would there be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    There never has been? You didn't complain about this during TBC?
    I mean, idk if you were even born at that point, but its always been this way when a new race comes out.
    Honestly though I think it makes more sense than a character boost. I personally already have 1 of every class, and do not have a desire or need for multiple. So a free race transfer would have been far more useful (and appropriate) given the content being released in this xpac.

Deleted
    Blizzard wants to make money. How shocking.

As soon as OP said "blood elf to nightborne" he lost all credibility to me.

I'll just assume incompetence is the reason this thread was made.

Deleted
    Because the races don't correspond at all? They are new races, they may share similarities with other races, but they are still new. Blizzard has never given out free race changes with the release of new expansions. The idea of feeling entitled to a race change just because it looks similar to your character's race is absurd.

If you want to play the new race then level up a new character or get a race change. The problem with your argument is that you assume the races correspond with one another and that your character should magically be able to switch to a completely new race because they look similar to the vanilla races, ignoring the fact that they have different backstories and appearances.

For those people who do not like getting the Level 100 boost. I suggest the idea of adding a token into the game when you buy an expansion, and this token can be used to purchase 1 character service. For example you could buy a boost, a server change or race/faction change with the token.
    Last edited by mmoc8fa47717b3; 2018-02-08 at 12:00 AM.

you should be able to lightforge your draenei or highmountainify your tauren. look at those 2 races and tell me that they didnt start out as new hairstyles and horn styles. yrels horns are only for lightforged draenei i mean theres the smoking gun

blizzard realized theres a lot of race change money to be made from mini races where you as little work as possible but charge the same amount to switch to them. or... you could try to level one up in our new extra long scaled levelling without the refer a friend bonus. they are making a fortune.

and if you ever in the future wonder why your character never got any free new hairstyles added to the barber BUT suspiciously there is a race of "mountain orcs" or "underground humans" who happen to have all the new hairstyles and customizations you ever wanted then you might think back to this post and realize blizzard got us

That was different because it was a totally new race, this is an "allied" race. I can easy change from one to another, its just like my tauren changing faction and wearing different clothes/hair/armor, and yes i was born then, and I am sure I am older than yourself.
    These are new races too. It isn't a trip to the barber shop even if it looks like it. This is why they tied new racials to them instead of subclasses and cosemetic changes they gave use new races. The never ending price gouging on character services certainly sucks. Seeing how once and only briefly they gave a discount on them and that was very wisely dropped at the same time token services changed insuring that the price would spike.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The reason there is not a free race change is because they can charge for it.

Your question is like going to dairy queen and wondering why there isn't free ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Because it's a lazy cash grab /THREAD.

Anyone who argues differently is a shill. This expansion should have come with a free boost + a free race change.

The Highmountain Tauren brought up in the OP is by far the laziest of the Allied Races. Undeserving of being a seperate race.

Blizzard HQ:

"Ok... We have 50 cool races to pick from here."

"Nah lets just do as little work as possible. Moose Antlers and Tattoos no one can see under armour". Instead of making it more customization for Tauren lets make it a whole new race. The Highmountain."

"You're a genius, we can be done with that in a few days."

"It will cost them $25 to add moose antlers to their model HAHAHAHA."
    Unlike all other races that are a reskin of others with new racials slapped on them. If you thinking Highmountain is bad Lightforged is even worse. Dark Iron and Zandalari are both minimal changes. The only race that looks remotely unique is the Void Elves when they are voided out. The long term issue is they are talking about adding more already stating Dreanor orcs will be added in BfA. Racials are one of the issues of the game and now Blizzard just keeps adding more. Almost all of these should have just been a barber shop cosmetic switch, they opted for a much worse route though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Honestly though I think it makes more sense than a character boost. I personally already have 1 of every class, and do not have a desire or need for multiple. So a free race transfer would have been far more useful (and appropriate) given the content being released in this xpac.
    I would certainly rather have the choice even knowing the boost is worth more as far as dollar value goes. I haven't used a boost and have no desire or reason to. A free race change I would use.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."