Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

Burning of Teldressil Broadcast Text (Spoiler!!!)

I am actually very surprised to see the burning of Teldressil will be represented in game.

The text suggests that Sylvanas employs some pretty decent strategy to defeat night-elves led by Malfurion.

This campaign also involves multiple zones, and it seems safe to conclude that the Horde not only takes Teldressil but also steamrolls a large portion of Northern Kalimdor.

Wisps are dangerous only in large numbers, can we kill enough them Warchief?
    Not enough to matter. But we can disperse them.
    Saurfang, take some of our troops and go into Felwood. Find or make path over the mountain into Darkshore, but leave the siege weapons under my command.
    We will squeeze Malfurion from both sides.
    How many smugglers do you know, Blightcaller?
    I beg your pardon?
    I am not so naive to believe that Everlook gets all of its cargo via ship routes from Azshara. There has to be a hidden route somewhere through Felwood.
    Most smugglers will not want the attention of the high overlord, but I do know of somebody who is more loyal to the horde than their profits.
    Then it is decided. Saurfang, Nathanos - you are to leave at once.
    $n, let's keep the remainder of Malfurion's army busy.

Anything for the Warchief. I will gather the guards to clear the docks immediately. Lok'tar, friend.
    Two hundred soldiers with the Warchief, you say? I will prepare the outpost for her arrival.
    The Warchief needs rations and lodging for at least two hundred soldiers. The will arrive momentarily.
    We must make room for the arrival of the Warchief's fleet. Can you clear the docks?
    Commander, the Warchief asks that you prepare your outpost for an incoming army of at least two hundred.

I said I'd do anything to avenge Teldrassil. Pretending to be a troll, evidently, is anything. Here's my report.
    Can you believe some people think trolls and night elves are related? This has been an awful experience. Here's my report.
    I will not fail the Alliance. Even if I had to sit in mud for three days to get this. Please, take my report.
    Let no one say I gave nothing for the war effort. Here's my report.
    Last edited by Ash123; 2018-02-08 at 01:19 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that's not really a whole lot of spoiler.

i wonder who is the smugglers loyal to the horde

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    Goblins most likely, they are the only other ones up there, with enough influence.

And thats why I am not into the horde lore-wise. Sylvanas is just evil as fxxk.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    To be fair, that's not really a whole lot of spoiler.
    It comes with a good amount of details regarding the planning and executing of campaign, more so than what we have on the seige of Lordaeron.

5+ Year Old Account
    The question is...does Malfurion stand back, or enter the frey. The latter is necessarily bad for the Horde in Ashenvale.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    Orcus Mc'Dorkus

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I really hope malfurion won't make it. Seeing him burn with that goddamn tree would be glorious. And tyrandes reaction would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I really hope malfurion won't make it. Seeing him burn with that goddamn tree would be glorious. And tyrandes reaction would be even better.
    It might actually happen, there really isn't much about him so far.

And people say Sylvanas sounds evil? She sounds like a competent and strategizing leader.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Well, this clears up a few matters. At least, we now know that there isn't any misunderstanding, or that the Horde wasn't trying to clean Azeroth off a corrupted tree like some people were theorizing. It's just an act of war, probably the first major one that opened the curtain for BfA. We also know that the battle with the NE, or possibly every battles between factions in BfA is pretty small scaled as hell: Sylvanas prepared merely 200 troops to fight against Malfurion's army. Surely, she might or might not have used some sort of magical bombs, but 200 soldiers is still too few. Lastly, Malfurion either grew too densed or has been nerfed as part of the plot again, as last few time Tyrande got kidnapped, he summoned massive thunderstorms that almost drown both his allies and the demons in Kalimdor. Seeing that he is in the battle, is he not as mad enough now seeing his people's home being burned to ground or why is the Horde still around?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, this clears up a few matters. At least, we now know that there isn't any misunderstanding, or that the Horde wasn't trying to clean Azeroth off a corrupted tree like some people were theorizing. It's just an act of war, probably the first major one that opened the curtain for BfA. We also know that the battle with the NE, or possibly every battles between factions in BfA is pretty small scaled as hell: Sylvanas prepared merely 200 troops to fight against Malfurion's army. Surely, she might or might not have used some sort of magical bombs, but 200 soldiers is still too few. Lastly, Malfurion either grew too densed or has been nerfed as part of the plot again, as last few time Tyrande got kidnapped, he summoned massive thunderstorms that almost drown both his allies and the demons in Kalimdor. Seeing that he is in the battle, is he not as mad enough now seeing his people's home being burned to ground or why is the Horde still around?
    This is the point I'm making about Malfurion...."SOMETHING IS NOT QUITE RIGHT"

Deleted
    Lastly, Malfurion either grew too densed or has been nerfed as part of the plot again, as last few time Tyrande got kidnapped, he summoned massive thunderstorms that almost drown both his allies and the demons in Kalimdor. Seeing that he is in the battle, is he not as mad enough now seeing his people's home being burned to ground or why is the Horde still around?
    Because every time Alliance heroes are involved in some story conflict, they're reduced to impotent mooks or take the "noble" path of not fighting back and crushing their enemies.

So yes; Malfurion got nerfed and will spend the expansion moping around.

Maybe Sylvanas had figure a way to force him to enter the dream, and thus neutralize him for good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    Because every time Alliance heroes are involved in some story conflict, they're reduced to impotent mooks or take the "noble" path of not fighting back and crushing their enemies.

Hopefully at the behest of the death of his "beloved".

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post

The Horde has no hero characters that can compete with Malfurion. Maybe Thrall once did, but the whole Legion shaman storyline made it out that the player is a better shaman than he ever was. Not to mention that Thrall is neutral now. If Malfurion unleashed his full power things would get boring real fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It might actually happen, there really isn't much about him so far.
    Man, i can't get image of fried turkey with antlers and beard out of my head now.

Is this it for Malfurion? Is he donezo?

Well, this clears up a few matters. At least, we now know that there isn't any misunderstanding, or that the Horde wasn't trying to clean Azeroth off a corrupted tree like some people were theorizing. It's just an act of war, probably the first major one that opened the curtain for BfA.
    I mean, It's an act or far either way. But how did you draw this conclusion? There was no doubt the Horde invaded Darkshore but the why is still a mystery as far as I can tell.

We also don't know how the Horde managed to burn the tree down.

We also know that the battle with the NE, or possibly every battles between factions in BfA is pretty small scaled as hell: Sylvanas prepared merely 200 troops to fight against Malfurion's army. Surely, she might or might not have used some sort of magical bombs, but 200 soldiers is still too few.
    Irl 200 is nothing, but in the warcraft universe? I'm not sure. Have other conflicts mentioned any numbers for us to compare with?

Even a Roman Legion would be something like 3,000 - 5,000 men. And that Empire would have maybe 25 or more legions at a time scattered about, plus other groups of equal number but less skilled forces.. The Horde, even in its reduced state after the last several wars, should be able to at least put up a single legion's worth of troops for matching into Night Elf territory.

Besides, what about Feathermoon's army to the south. She's got herself a much of troops down there.