Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Moira's a Bronzebeard though... but yeah. And there have been human monks in the Scarlet Monestary (and possibly elsewhere) so there's other races that monk works with too. (heck, you could also probably count the Defias Knuckledusters as monks too, in a way)
    A religious priest and a kung fu zen practitioner are not the same thing.

Deleted
    They should be able to be all of them except druids and demon hunters

So far, Allied races have had the same number of classes cross-faction.
    Highmountain and Lightforged have 5 classes each
    Nightborne and Void elves have 7 classes each
    Zandalari have 8 classes (Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior)

So, I guess Dark Irons will also have 8 classes.
    Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Warlock, Rogue and Warrior are a given, so 6 classes.
    Which ones would be the last 2?
    Priest is the seventh for sure.

The 8th class would be either Death Knight or Shaman. If I'd go only by lore to fulfill it, I'd go Death Knight, as it makes sense, and Dark Iron society is not shamanistic. However, if Blizzard decides to forbid hero classes for allied races, then shaman would be the go-to option.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    ... and druid, I hope you meant to say. If we're giving Dark Irons druids, we may as well give void elves paladins, lightforged draenei warlocks, and undead druids, just for good measure.

On the other hand, wildhammer getting druids is a clever idea, one I've also thought of, and I do hope if they are added they get that class.
    I should have worded that better. Sorry, I mean among the current crop of dwarven classes. So, no, I'm not proposing Dark Iron druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re. Dark Iron Shamans, Dark Iron society was dominated by elementals for a long time. They were also allied with the Twilight Cult, who are big on elemental summoning and binding. They'd know a lot about elementals as a result. It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for Dark Irons to become a type of Shaman similar to the taunka, with a more antagonistic relationship to elementals born out of a desire to get a little payback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Shaman do make more sense for Dark Irons then for current Dwarf.
    I think shamans were brought in for Ironforge dwarf because of the shamans in the Wildhammer Clan, and mainly with the Wildhammer teaching the Ironforge Dwarfs how to use the elements.

Personally I would have preferred Wildhammer Dwarfs be a sub race too as well as Dark Iron, but that was then this is now. I guess if things were done differently we would haven't have had Shamans for Dwarfs and instead shamans for Wildhammer Dwarfs which makes more sense.

Shamans for Dark Irons actually make more sense than the Ironforge Dwarfs. Wildhammer and Dark Iron should be the only races that have that class.

EDIT: Also what Golden Yak said :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Sharjo View Post
    Just talking lore here for this particular point, not gameplay, but considering the timeline kinda works out for Dark Irons to be deathknights as raised with Arthas's Scourge, do you think they might allow for Dark Iron dwarf Death Knights, if they turned out to be a thing, to go through the Death Knight starting area rather than start at level 20?
    Hmm. I think it makes sense to start at 58 in the DK area. However, Blizz won't let that count for Heritage Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Moira's a Bronzebeard though... but yeah. And there have been human monks in the Scarlet Monestary (and possibly elsewhere) so there's other races that monk works with too. (heck, you could also probably count the Defias Knuckledusters as monks too, in a way)
    The monk playable class feels to eastern to really work with any other race. Anyways, that's just how I feel. Dark Iron monks work as much as human/draenei/undead monks do.

And there are "actual" dark irons in the priest class hall too. With flaming eyes and all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Paladin
    DK? are allied races not supposed to start at lvl 20?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    DK? are allied races not supposed to start at lvl 20?
    It is something they are considering and all we know is that discussions about it are ongoing.

Q: Currently no allied races can be Death Knights. Are there any plans to change this?
    A: Because the experience with allied races begins at 20 and hero classes (DK’s and DH’s start out at a much higher level) it does present a hurdle that will need to be overcome. This is still something being considered for some of the allied races (such as Dark Iron Dwarves for example).
    http://finalboss.tv/main/2017/11/5/b...iew-transcript

Dark Iron DK would make plenty of sense, lore-wise, but they won't do it because they want allied races to start at 20. I see no problem with retooling DK progression so that a level 20 DK would work, and just have any allied race DKs start with that normal race start rather than the hero class start, but that's unlikely to happen unfortunately.

My money is on:

Warrior
    Monk
    Priest
    Mage
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Monk and Rogue. Paladin is confirmed, though its kinda crazy lore-wise.

I was reading that humans "learned" to be Paladins relatively recently though (around the First War), so I guess using the light for some good ol' justice & retribution wouldn't take that long for a culture to adapt?
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

WoWHead has datamined that they can be Death Knights, Hunters, Mages, Monks, Rogues, Warlocks, and Warriors. Granted, this is datamining, so nothing is confirmed. Interestingly, Paladins were not on that list, even though they were basically confirmed in an interview at Forbes. Either the current datamined build is not complete, or they changed their mind about Dark Iron Paladins.

Of course, the same article has classes datamined for Thin Humans and Vulpera, but I wouldn't put any stock in those, as Vulpera can be every class except for Druids and Demon Hunters. Death Knight Vulpera don't make any sense, and there's still nothing confirming that either of these races are anything more than NPC races. Perhaps they're being classified like this to help with NPC diversity.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 2018-02-07 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    WoWHead has datamined that they can be Death Knights, Hunters, Mages, Monks, Rogues, Warlocks, and Warriors. Granted, this is datamining, so nothing is confirmed. Interestingly, Paladins were not on that list, even though they were basically confirmed in an interview at Forbes. Either the current datamined build is not complete, or they changed their mind about Dark Iron Paladins.
    Considering the lack of Priests and Paladins, it's probably an incomplete or early list.

I don’t know. Moira has some priest abilities, but she was raised a Bronzebeard. Maybe the DI not being priests or paladins makes sense.

Maybe the DI not being priests or paladins makes sense.
    I agree that these datamined classes are not conclusive evidence....buuuuut, like I said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    The three Dwarf Clans should really break down like this:

All: Warrior, Rogue, DK, Monk
    BB: Hunter, Paladin, Priest
    DI: Mage, Warlock
    WH: Shaman, Hunter

Warrior, Rogue, Warlock and Mage are pretty much given

Priest, Paladin, Monk, DK, and Hunter all have a good possibility

Druid and Demon Hunter are extremely unlikely

Shaman confirmed as not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    I should have worded that better. Sorry, I mean among the current crop of dwarven classes. So, no, I'm not proposing Dark Iron druids.
    Good, good! Just making sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    The three Dwarf Clans should really break down like this:

All: Warrior, Rogue, DK, Monk
    BB: Hunter, Paladin, Priest
    DI: Mage, Warlock
    WH: Shaman, Hunter
    I disagree heavily that dark iron shouldn't get hunters. It would make no sense at all for them to not get it, given how huge a role dwarven riflemen have always had in any of the clans. I also strongly disagree with the idea of priests being a "Bronzebeard" thing.

Shaman were definitely a Wildhammer thing, though, while mages and warlocks are absolutely the Dark Iron's greater strengths. I'd be fine with -- even support -- only Bronzebeards having paladins, since they've always had strong ties with the humans, unlike the other clans.

I don’t know. Moira has some priest abilities, but she was raised a Bronzebeard. Maybe the DI not being priests or paladins makes sense.
    What about all the dark iron priests that aren't Moira?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10076/hig...-of-thaurissan
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9036/vilerel
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowlord_Slaghammer
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=118527/sh...delviewer:10+0