Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How many hours a day do you sit?

It said that sitting or sitting too much is bad for you and can lead to all sorts of health issues. Personally me it’s always been 15/45. 15 mind walking 45 mins sitting max how about you and how is your posture do you slouch?

The Alexander technic.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

11 at least. I drive a truck. And I slouch my ass off.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A lot. I work at my desk.
    Do you slouch, what kind of chair do you use do you get up after an hour or two and move about?

- - - Updated - - -

Newer chairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    17 hours a day.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    6 hours about after a day of being on my feet all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    6 hours about after a day of being on my feet all day.
    Couldn't have said it better.

7+ Year Old Account
    The chair is some cheap thing off of Amazon. I should get a better one. I tend to sit indian-style (do they still call it that?) in my chair, which has caused like an indent in my thigh. I get up if I need things - bathroom, food, let dogs out, etc.
    Is Indian style with your legs crossed? I used to sit on a yoga ball like that was a pain in the back but over all not bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. It’s pretty comfortable to me. Maybe I should try a big yoga ball.
    I found it pretty comfortable and I’d like to change positions quite a lot on it like sitting up on my knees balancing. This was also when I spent a lot more time on the computer so that’s proabbly more so why my back hurted then the yoga ball, id proabbly still use one but my desk is in a rather cramped area now so a big one wouldn’t fit.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Do you slouch, what kind of chair do you use do you get up after an hour or two and move about?

- - - Updated - - -

Newer chairs.
    That looks very uncomfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chair is some cheap thing off of Amazon. I should get a better one. I tend to sit indian-style (do they still call it that?) in my chair, which has caused like an indent in my thigh. I get up if I need things - bathroom, food, let dogs out, etc.
    Indian or I think lotus.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. It’s pretty comfortable to me. Maybe I should try a big yoga ball.
    Like this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    That looks very uncomfortable.
    Yeah it supposed to better support for yourself back and skeletal structure.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-08 at 04:55 AM.

Deleted
    At least 10, sadly. I spend about 9 hours at work, most of which is spent sitting at my desk or at meeting tables. I sit in my car during my commute and at home I sit in front of my PC.

Probably about 12 per day.

Newer chairs.
    What has helped me most with posture is Olympic style weightlifting. You need a strong back/glutes and great hip and shoulder mobility to perform those lifts. That helps a lot while sitting as well. It's a difficult sport to get into, but if you don't have the time regular weight training can help too.

I personally don't think that special chairs are a good solution. If you can't feel reasonably good sitting in a normal chair you're either sitting for to long or you lack the strength and flexibility that you should have for good posture.

But I realize some people don't have much of a choice sometimes. It seems like a temporary fix to a long term problem to me.

Since ive got a broken ankle, i spend most of my day sitting so i can rest it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    What has helped me most with posture is Olympic style weightlifting. You need a strong back/glutes and great hip and shoulder mobility to perform those lifts. That helps a lot while sitting as well. It's a difficult sport to get into, but if you don't have the time regular weight training can help too.

I personally don't think that special chairs are a good solution. If you can't feel reasonably good sitting in a normal chair you're either sitting for to long or you lack the strength and flexibility that you should have for good posture.

But I realize some people don't have much of a choice sometimes. It seems like a temporary fix to a long term problem to me.
    Almost like if you get one of these special chairs you are slapped with a lifetime ban to ever weightlift or perform whatever activity to hone good posture.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Almost like if you get one of these special chairs you are slapped with a lifetime ban to ever weightlift or perform whatever activity to hone good posture.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Buy whatever you want. My point is it's not a substitute for good strength and flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Buy whatever you want. My point is it's not a substitute for good strength and flexibility.
    I mean exercise and spinal chairs aren't mutually exclusive.

You could do both and thus get the most out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    To me, it would appear that he's saying just because you get one of these chairs doesn't mean you can't workout or exercise.
    Pretty much. I don't get why people would bash these chairs when nobody is claiming having one of these is enough to maintain good posture.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Newer chairs.
    Everything this man wears is one size too large and the shoes look like they are 20 bucks. He must work in IT

We all have electric desks that you can raise/lower. Sometimes my back starts hurting and I work while standing. But I do take 5-10 minute breaks every hour, hail smoking.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    There's at least one study that has shown that it makes no difference how much you move about, or how much sports you do, if you sit during the day pretty much at all. Sit 30 minutes, and no amount of walking and running and jumping will negate the effects of that sitting. You'll still have just as high a risk of death. So why bother.

Also, the same goes with smoking, incidentally. Smoking one cigarette will still increase your risk of dying just as much. And, if you smoke and drink hot tea, cancer here we come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Everything this man wears is one size too large and the shoes look like they are 20 bucks. He must work in IT
    Hahaaha Ok Bieber! I think his clothes looks like they fit, not everybody is trying to pinch the boys, and his footwear looks alright, you are going to keep messing around and your workstations going to give you the blue screen of death when you almost finished your next project.

Then when you call I.T because you didn't backup your work whos going to be laughing then

Anyways, what do you think of the chair