Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Maybe he comes back as a Zandalari and will be crowned king of all Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Do you guys think that the recently datamined Zandalari Omen text foreshadows a Vol'jin resurrection?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281635/b...-text-spoilers

But there's also a contrary omen.

Based on some of language, I wonder if the alternate omens are for Horde and Alliance, respectively. If that's the case, I think Vol'jin will get resurrected in Horde questing, and an established character is going to die in Alliance questing. Genn, maybe?
    Worth noting that both omens are provided by a troll, as indicated by the language in the final line of each "ya must work with ya rivals" and "interesting it should be given ta ya" so both seem Horde related.

A second relevant point is that the first omen says "the resurrection of a former friend" while the second omen says "the death of a new friend"...

So if the resurrection refers to a "former" friend, does this mean they were a friend but are not a friend now because they are dead or because they became an emeny? And who is the "new friend" that dies? Rastakhan?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    I mean to be fair, Vol'jin got stabbed and taken home, Varian got obliterated into atoms. So it'd be fairly easy to explain why one can be resurrected and not the other. Personally I'd like him to come back as a spirit, fits the whole troll lore better than just *poof* he's back now.
    Not really that easy since Vol'jin body was cremated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Not really that easy since Vol'jin body was cremated.
    But his soul is still with his urn and in Stranglethorn you revive Mandokir from just his skull, his soul and a little Mojo. Into the body of Gan'zulah. So they don't seem to need a body, they just need another freshly killed. And as Vol'jin was a favorite of Bwonsamdi, that little transfer of a soul shouldn't be a problem. Apart from... probably having to kill not only one other troll, so Bwonsamdi can have more souls in exchange for Vol'jin's soul, but oh well ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    But his soul is still with his urn and in Stranglethorn you revive Mandokir from just his skull, his soul and a little Mojo. Into the body of Gan'zulah. So they don't seem to need a body, they just need another freshly killed. And as Vol'jin was a favorite of Bwonsamdi, that little transfer of a soul shouldn't be a problem. Apart from... probably having to kill not only one other troll, so Bwonsamdi can have more souls in exchange for Vol'jin's soul, but oh well ^^
    If the signs of Rastakhan dying is true, maybe we'll bring back Vol'jin In Rastakhan's body... (inb4 lore zealots freak out)

Deleted
    I foresee a dead Sylvanas and a resurrected Vol'jin from that text indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    If the signs of Rastakhan dying is true, maybe we'll bring back Vol'jin In Rastakhan's body... (inb4 lore zealots freak out)
    Hah! That'd be a twist, I like it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post

Anduin dies to kill Zul? They're both Priests, as I recall.

Anduin has plot armor alongside Velen. We have seen a canon comic of old Anduin and Velen leading the Alliance/Army of the light versus what now we presume is the forces of the void.

So, they ain't dying anytime soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    they should totally revive him, any trolls can do it

its the only way to fix the mess legion was, resurrect him and put him back to warchief position, make justice for once

make the slogan #WENEVADIE be worth again.

Maybe they are trading Rastakhan soul/life for vol'jin, its sad but it would make a good history for the trolls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    They could have had the Alliance be the assholes for once. You know something new instead of the same damn plot since Warcraft 1.
    The problem is the Alliance aren't assholes. They aren't constantly trying to exterminate the horde, like the horde is with the Alliance.

The few Alliance assholes are long dead.

Though, i agree. I wish they changed the horde's one dimensional tone.

7+ Year Old Account
    just read the omens again, they ar pretty well Written, dark, mysterious, interesting, thats strange... whats going on
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-08 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    I just re-read the second omen and... do they have a throne of fire and ice somewhere over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Just as Vol'jin's death was the bring forth Sylvanas and lay the foundation leading up to BfA.
    varians death led to developing new characters and putting to rest a character that has been around for a very long time and he still had influence over the story after his death

voljin had a garrison and getting stabbed

vol jin coming back even as a loa wouldnt undo anything his death caused whereas if varian came back he would what....take his sword back from his son become king again and undo anduins growth??? or retire and become pointless

varians death was well earned

Vol'jin should return imo and he probably will like Gara'jal did in Throne of Thunder after we killed him in Mogu'shan Vaults, he will just be a spirit guiding some new leader/s and helping them get some status and glory, we are seriously lacking a good strong troll leader.

Varian shouldn't return obviously, he got one of the most epic deaths ever, why would anyone want that ruined?
    Vol'jin died like a scrub and deserves something better, at least a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love Vol'jin, everything they do now is pointless.

He can't be fully resurrected, as it appears they are trying to build up Rokhan (kinda late for that) and that would kinda kill the point. And what if he comes back as a Loa?
    What would he do? Float around giving advice? Sometimes cursing or healing people?

Whatever. They dropped the ball with Vol'jin just because they wanted Sylvanas was Warchief for reasons.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Sylvannas has Valkyr wich can ressurect,
    Vo'Jin had a vision from the loa tu put Sylvannas in charge
    Troll got voodoo.
    That could be interesting.

But if they rez Vol'jin they will need ressurect Varian, not for lore reason, but because of the salt, so much salt from the alliance players

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    I just re-read the second omen and... do they have a throne of fire and ice somewhere over there?
    i think the second omen is for kul tiras

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Sylvannas has Valkyr wich can ressurect,
    Vo'Jin had a vision from the loa tu put Sylvannas in charge
    Troll got voodoo.
    That could be interesting.

But if they rez Vol'jin they will need ressurect Varian, not for lore reason, but because of the salt, so much salt from the alliance players
    varian deserves to rest

lo'gash proudly defended his pack to the end and his soul has earned the comfort of the halls of valor

voljin got what 5 minutes of screen time including wod

I feel like they are going back and forth on what they want for the horde. Vol'jin gets stabbed by a nobody orc assassin in MoP, almost dies and spends the whole expansion on the side lines. As a result he plays a lesser role in overthrowing the Garrosh civil war(Sylvanas and Lorthemar were more important there) and then gets stabbed again by a trash mob in Broken Isles and actually dies.

Now he's allegedly either becoming a Loa himself, being resurrected as a spirit or being resurrected entirely. He passed the warchief mantle to Sylvanas who is now mostly disliked by her own people(Forsaken), her allies(Baine, Lorthemar, Saurfang etc.) and as soon as the opportunity presented itself she put the survival of the forsaken above the Horde by instigating conflict with the alliance(Genn) and now seemingly leads a war campaign against the alliance in general.

I mean, what was the point of Vol'jin as warchief in the first place. He did nothing, got shanked twice like a scrub then says the Loa told him Sylvanas needs to lead the Horde...

Like make up your mind Blizz, what is Vol'jin's purpose. I find it hard to believe Blizz made him Warchief so he could fail twice and pass leadership to Sylvanas only to come back as a ghost to tell us "oops my bad" Sylvanas was a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

lo'gash proudly defended his pack to the end and his soul has earned the comfort of the halls of valor

Did he got access to the HoV ? I saw a topic about this.
    Reason we can't see him in the HoV or whatever ....

If not, a scenario with the players about freeing is soul from whatever so he can gain eternal rest in the HoV corruption would be nice

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    I feel like they are going back and forth on what they want for the horde. Vol'jin gets stabbed by a nobody orc assassin in MoP, almost dies and spends the whole expansion on the side lines. As a result he plays a lesser role in overthrowing the Garrosh civil war(Sylvanas and Lorthemar were more important there).
    How exactly are Lor'themar and Sylvanas more important than Vol'jin in the DARKSPEAR rebellion? You know, the guy who started and led the revolution.
    Specially Sylvanas, who did nothing for all of Pandaria and only showed up when Lor'themar had already agreed to help Vol'jin.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.