Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    WoD and Cata were failures because they catered to the wrong group of players. Cata went for a "YEAH! EPICS SHOULD BE RARE, DUNGEONS SHOULD BE HARD!" approach that was followed with pretty mediocre raids. WoD went for a heavy nostalgia approach and followed with pretty mediocre everything.
    See? For me those are excuses people come up with to say the expansion was bad.
    I think people trully believe in those opinions when fact is that all they wanted was "change" to the game.

Those things you pointed out are not true reasons for the decline of subscribers.

In my theory the subscribers only droped because people got bored of playing the same game over and over again.

Legion offers a much better end-game experience with more paths to success than ever before. While there's still more work to be done and there's more they can do, they have provided an end-game where I finally feel motivated to do something every time I log on. This is a huge difference from the past, where at best, I ran a daily Heroic.

But as a result, Alts seem nearly impossible to keep up at times, and really get the most out of them. Especially right now. But LGN has still taken some serious steps in the right direction in terms of end-game, sadly, it took some massive steps backwards for many classes' specs' gameplay.

That, to me, is what has made it good to me.

I am looking forward to the social groups supposedly coming in BFA.
    But I am also worried a bit .. BLIZ tends to pitch a good idea and then botch the actual feature but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    World Quests and the grind that the reputations brought kept me enjoying the expansion's content, but my gameplay time was really devoted to mythics and raiding.

I liked Legion, and ended up really disliking how pigeonholed my class choices were because of legiondaries. But the actual 110 gameplay progression, imo, was excellent.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

5+ Year Old Account
    The only things I like in Legion are M+ and the scaling world for levelling.

WQ's are the same dailies from BC with a coat of fresh paint. Gameplay for all classes has been *extremely* dumbed down, except -maybe- for healers. AP feels just meh, and it was terrible during Legion's first half. PvP is in shambles, since the devs went their way even if some of the best PvPers out there flat out said that templates and general class balance were awful. Class halls, while fancy, served as little more than a gating mechanic during the first half of the xpac, and seem to have been completely forgotten during the second half. Legendaries were an absolute mess, and I'm glad that will be thrown into the trash bin come B4A. Professions are nothing short of useless, aside from alchemy and perhaps ench. As far as raids go, it's a very mixed bag, with an awesome raid like NH and undertuned, forgettable stuff like EN.

And the only official comment about the supposed success of Legion is that it was doing "marginally better than WoD"...

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some good an bad things:

Good things: M+, World Quests & the prestige honor system (imo)
    Bad things: The AP grind, and the burnout it caused among raiders.

Overall, i think they did a great job with Legion. Now they just have to keep the good stuff, and come up with something even better for BFA, which i fear they wont.

I'd wager at least 40% of players would not call legion a good expansion. It is an expansion that goes to the extreme really. Love it or hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Worst piece of shit ever. I'm still dumbfounded how strong this WoW addiction is to people, when Legion singlehandedly managed to cure me from it.
    Then why are you posting on a WoW fansite?

GTFO?

Deleted
    Legion was the first expansion that offered endgame content for everyone, no matter your play style. That's something people haven been asking for since year 1.

Now if they just find a way to have a good pvp experience too, this game has a bright future.

Lol they just released the earnings call and there's not a single word about this "huge success". Last time it was doing at least slightly better than WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Tbh, i think people would see how unsuccessful Legion is if we still had sub numbers. I was looking in WoW progress and the number of raiders dropped by 1/3 on my server from Nighthold to Antorus.
    I think Legion was a massive failure.
    It's pretty obvious if you look at statistically significant reports like, as you said, WoWprogress or Warcraftrealms (the latter shows that the activity today is about down to 25 % of what it was at release, which is even lower than the late days of WoD).
    But it's ignored under the pretense that they don't count (because either fanboyism or ignorance of what makes something statistically significant), so people continue to be in denial.
    Last edited by Akka; 2018-02-09 at 11:03 AM.

Oh legion was amazing.....for people who don't play the game/log once a week/take it as seriously as you would candy crush, who spend more time praising and defending the game than playing it.
    Meanwhile the people who do play got infinitely respawning quests which you did already while leveling and no sane person would consider ''fun'' a few months after launch(stockholm syndrome?).

AP grind which killed so many guilds/made so many people quit the game with their crap raid boss design that relied on specific trait level(35/52).

M+ which seemed like a great idea, implemented in a xpack with very bland trash and bosses that go from easy easy easy easy to 1shot 1shot 1shot(which would be ok if it were something you could avoid/outplay, but no its mostly just rng (hello tyrannical herja))

RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and guess who enjoys that? yeah the people who don't put any effort in but have a chance to get rewarded even more for their non-efforts.

Legendaries, same thing, only people who barely play would enjoy getting a bad one, and most of them are the bad ones. All that effort put in to level, gear up a class from scratch, grind ap, do suramar and stuff just to end up getting a sephuz+norgannon, but the worst part was that it was more worth to reroll a new class than even try and do the extreme grind for a 3rd+ leggo.

All the classes pretty much play and feel the same, with very few ways of failing in your rotation, which makes skill a lot less relevant than rng/gear/gear titanforging.

Legion was only ''well received'' by people who spend more time here posting how great it is and defending anything blizzard does than actually playing the game and seeing its very obvious faults.
    At least WoD didn't pretend to have content by making infinitely respawning grind stuff.

It seems that the thread backfired a bit on the OP. Turns out Legion was not received all that well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It seems that the thread backfired a bit on the OP. Turns out Legion was not received all that well.
    Make same thread with a poll and you'll see how out of touch with reality you are.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    and TF should have been capped so you couldn't get superhigh levels from a WQ etc.
    Please link your armory with your collection of "superhigh" level TF gear from WQ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Make same thread with a poll and you'll see how out of touch with reality you are.
    Ask PVP community and you'll see how out of touch with reality you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Could WQ be better and more variable? Yes.

But are you really going to say that previous expansion end games had better models? WoD? Sit in garrison and do missions and log out?

- - - Updated - - -

Where are you getting the evidence that I'm in the minority?
    Tbh. The thing i liked to do in WoW (going back to older expansions) was doing a weekly amount of dungeons for valor or justice points to buy gear. And to collect conquest points in weekly arenas. And ofc doing my dailies to get my reputation up. Or even better, having a tabard to let you allow to grind dungeons for rep.

Nowadays it's all the same thing and dull. My opinion though ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    WoD wasn't that bad at all. But Cata was bad through and through, especially T11, one of the worst tiers in history.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, they usually don't. They give vague musings about feedback they'v received and things they're going to change going forward. They never tell us "why the expac failed"
    In the case of Cataclysm, they stated -- Morhaime in earnings calls and Chjilton quoted in the NY Times -- that they had made the end game too hardcore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It wasn't well received. Certainly not by me. Bored in 2 months... left for 6, came back a couple more to top off toons and get flying, then have been gone ever since.

It's just not WoW anymore... it's a shallow, RNG scratch off filled, lobby game. Gratz to those that like that kind of crap.

Bring on Classic... I can;t wait to play a 14 year old game over this modern piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Tbh. The thing i liked to do in WoW (going back to older expansions) was doing a weekly amount of dungeons for valor or justice points to buy gear. And to collect conquest points in weekly arenas. And ofc doing my dailies to get my reputation up. Or even better, having a tabard to let you allow to grind dungeons for rep.

Nowadays it's all the same thing and dull. My opinion though ^^
    Yeah I actually do like the badge system as well. I think it would work great along side the WQ one. But if I'm comparing the WQ end game system vs badges, I think WQ is superior.

You said WQs are dull and boring, though. I'm not sure why you think grinding the same few scripted end game dungeons and raids for badges is less dull and boring to a whole map full of repeatable quests with random rewards.

I'd like to see valor make a return with the M+ system. Right now it seems useless once you get to a certain point there's really no reason to keep pushing M+ since the gear is capped. Maybe a way to deliberately titanforge an item +5 at a time with a large amount of currency.