Poll: How big is the population

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Except the void is terrible to the average blood elf, look what almost happened to the Sunwell because of it.
    exactly! the average blood elf... it takes above average stuff to use the void without being corrupt

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    exactly! the average blood elf... it takes above average stuff to use the void without being corrupt
    or a void plot maguffin in the form of a Windrunner sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    It's definitely under 50, but the way the lore is written, player characters technically add to that base, but there problem arises is void elves pull from Bloodelves population and if there are 8000+ left alive, I'd be surprised.
    There are at least 50 npcs alone

The main difference here is that Umbric doesn't have the pull of Kael I doubt you could find two hundred elves willing to dabble in the teachings of Dar'khan, let alone a thousand.
    To be fair, while Umbric's research might have started with Dar'khan, he now has Alleria and, through her, Locus Walker, who are much more reputable people, especially Alleria who is a Ranger-General and hero of Quel'thalas and the Second War. Even despite her exile, there should be people who would follow her. Learn the ways of the Void with Alleria Windrunner! Study the secrets that cowardly Kael'thas-lover Rommath doesn't want you to know! Guest lectures by the Locus Walker, an ancient Ethereal from K'haresh! Learn to protect Azeroth by studying the power of its greatest enemies! Find a way to leave those smelly orcs and detestable undead behind you!

But yeah, it's probably in 100-1000, especially considering that the whole population of Quel'Thalas can probably fit in 100000 range.

Deleted
    No more then 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    To be fair, while Umbric's research might have started with Dar'khan, he now has Alleria and, through her, Locus Walker, who are much more reputable people, especially Alleria who is a Ranger-General and hero of Quel'thalas and the Second War. Even despite her exile, there should be people who would follow her. Learn the ways of the Void with Alleria Windrunner! Study the secrets that cowardly Kael'thas-lover Rommath doesn't want you to know! Guest lectures by the Locus Walker, an ancient Ethereal from K'haresh! Learn to protect Azeroth by studying the power of its greatest enemies! Find a way to leave those smelly orcs and detestable undead behind you!

But yeah, it's probably in 100-1000, especially considering that the whole population of Quel'Thalas can probably fit in 100000 range.
    It would also however make you an enemy of Silvermoon, I doubt many elves are willing to do that.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I don’t doubt that more then a half of Silvermoon suddenly decided to delve into void magic and were banished from their homeland. Why not? It’s not like Thalassian elves have been through a severe decrease in population numbers lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I don’t doubt that more then a half of Silvermoon suddenly decided to delve into void magic and were banished from their homeland. Why not? It’s not like Thalassian elves have been through a severe decrease in population numbers lately.
    from their recent description, I'm sure the amount of void elves could fill one house if they all packed together.
    Holy shit lol

from their recent description, I'm sure the amount of void elves could fill one house if they all packed together.
    It’s always fun when Blizz gives us a clearly “soon to be most popular race or class” in its faction and then says that they number in hundreds at best. Demon hunters and death knights say hello...

It would also however make you an enemy of Silvermoon, I doubt many elves are willing to do that.
    Oh, sure, civilian population would ignore such things. But I imagine there are plenty of Magisters and other powerful people with opinions who would find that being an enemy of Quel'Thalas wouldn't be that bad, considering that the Void apparently cures the Sunwell dependency. The same kind of people that are likely to have the will to resist the whispers of the Void as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    It’s always fun when Blizz gives us a clearly “soon to be most popular race or class” in its faction and then says that they number in hundreds at best. Demon hunters and death knights say hello...
    neither are playable races though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Oh, sure, civilian population would ignore such things. But I imagine there are plenty of Magisters and other powerful people with opinions who would find that being an enemy of Quel'Thalas wouldn't be that bad, considering that the Void apparently cures the Sunwell dependency. The same kind of people that are likely to have the will to resist the whispers of the Void as well.
    I'm sure going forward we will see enemy void elf npcs like we have every other race.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    its probably growing more and more every day as more elves embrace their teachings and master the void. why remain held down by horde ideals in that "void = terrible" when you can embrace it and join alerria. sylvannis isnt doing much to help the blood elves either.
    Horde ideals? The fuck? This is assbackwards.

People are reaching harder and harder for this race oml

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Who voted for over 100k lol
    Well technically they couldn't be wrong because under 100k could be 1-99999.

I'm sure going forward we will see enemy void elf npcs like we have every other race.
    I did say "likely", not "certainly".

13 though blizzard could just turn all the high elves into them and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Probably as big as the Population of Lightforged, Highmountain Tauren and Nightborn. There is no reason to assume that the Allied races vary in size and power.
    Based on that logic, every highmountain and nightborne is as strong as 5 men, since the lightforged are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Thankfully, the Locus-Walker and Alleria Windrunner, two of the most experienced and superb Void users in the history of the cosmos, are there to aid these Ren'dorei initiates should they be close to giving into the whispers. Luckily, it would seem that there are several Ren'dorei teachers within Telogrus, and the training they offer is quite rigid and strict; which is a good thing, because it means that initiates will properly learn how to control the Void.
    Yes, of course. And more Ethereals are coming to teach you about the Void. By the way, I have a quick theoretical question - on a scale of one to ten, how likely is it that you would dedicate yourself to support of the Ethereum Invasion Fleet?

It is clear that Blizzard intends to have the Ren'dorei's numbers grow considerably, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei NPCs in Telogrus, the mysterious seat of power of the Ren'dorei.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenchac of Suramar View Post
    Yes, of course. And more Ethereals are coming to teach you about the Void. By the way, I have a quick theoretical question - on a scale of one to ten, how likely is it that you would dedicate yourself to support of the Ethereum Invasion Fleet?
    Don't you have a broken Fel-infested city to clean up? Get to work.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    Somewhere in the range of "no business being a playable race."
    population number has always been an idiotic excuse for not having something playable.

only 12 people are 'canon' in the warcraft lore. the rest are nameless, faceless adventurers that effectively have no race or class. those 12 are the highlord, netherlord, deathlord, archmage, arch druid, shadowblade, huntmaster, grandmaster, highpriest, farseer, slayer, and battlelord.

so there could be a group of elite soldiers with only 12 members, and they would work as a playable race. population size has never been, and will never be, a good argument against a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It is clear that Blizzard intends to have the Ren'dorei's numbers grow considerably, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced Sin'dorei and Quel'dorei NPCs in Telogrus, the mysterious seat of power of the Ren'dorei.

Don't you have a broken Fel-infested city to clean up? Get to work.
    TBH, that's just a username I use because it sounds nice. I always format it as "Arenchac of <Location>" and change it around pretty regularly. I don't actually roleplay in forums that are strictly meta unless you're specifically around for me to remind of the glories of Nexus-King Salhadaar.

Anyway, as I was saying, on a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to pledge yourself to service for the Sacred Ethereum Invasion Fleet, the mighty strong arm of Nexus-King Salhadaar, the most intelligent, powerful and sexually attractive dictator in the Great Dark? And would you rather serve as a meat shield for our infantry, or work the salt mines back on K'Aresh?