Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's one of the things I can objectively say felt better in the game than not.

But the real reason why we feel that way is that the several stats that we have are not equally viable on our characters. Part of the reason why Ion refuses to implement it again, I think, is because it's only patching the issue, not fixing it at its core. The problem with his take is that they've yet to come with a solution to this issue.

As long that it's there, perhaps implementing reforging once more may be a good idea.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    With the must have caps being gone (Hit, Expertise) it would be a lot more forgiving.
    It would be more of a drag, since there would be even less thought to it. Just a chore you have to deal with.

It wouldn't really add anything to gameplay as it was in MoP, particularly with Hit and Expertise gone.

What could work would be something like in D3, where you can reroll the random bonuses(i.e. one or more of WF/TF, Socket, tertiaries) at an ever increasing cost.

What it definitely wouldn't do is add more customisation, since there's nothing here that can really be customised. You either do it the way the guides tell you to, or you'll get put down by everybody for doing it "wrong".

no way, it was one of the worst implemented good ideas Blizzard have ever had. having to muck about with an addon or a calculator and spreadsheet every single time you get one small gear upgrade took all of the fun out of getting loot

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    was a great system when you had hit and expertise that needed to be exact values.
    but now without that a reforging system would be bullshit and useless

get a peice of gear, go to a vendor pay 40g to move the least uselful stat to most useful, no thought about it
    literally fucking pointless, no thinking no econmy driven as its an npc
    there is literally no thoguht put into it, back then there was for some people but most used mr robot to get the optimal.

no reforging would literally be useless.

- - - Updated - - -

or you could do that, simply by switching gear.

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldent callchanging your loqest stat to your highest stat customization...
    its like having a 2 talent points that are "600 mastery" or "600 crit" and then going "AWWW YEAH LOOK AT ALL THISCUSTOMIZATION!"
    What did reforging do to you to hurt you so badly? Break your heart? So much hatred, it has to be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    It was removed because people turned to add-ons/websites for the perfect reforger. (Same reasoning as with cookie cutter talent trees)
    People still use Simcraft/Raidbots to figure out what's actually the best gear combination they have, what gems to use, their stat priority, etc. Dependence on websites hasn't gone away. Talent trees are still pretty much cookie cutter, most people go to Icy-veins and blindly follow the build without a care in the world as to why.

I miss re-forging and would welcome it back so they could stop using poor secondary stat itemization to limit player power in the first (and sometimes second tier) of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    having to muck about with an addon or a calculator and spreadsheet every single time you get one small gear upgrade took all of the fun out of getting loot
    which absolutely has not happened with titanforging in legion, gear upgrades are immediately obvious the second you see them

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    no way, it was one of the worst implemented good ideas Blizzard have ever had. having to muck about with an addon or a calculator and spreadsheet every single time you get one small gear upgrade took all of the fun out of getting loot
    This hasn't really changed for quite a number of specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    which absolutely has not happened with titanforging in legion, gear upgrades are immediately obvious the second you see them
    Unless you're a Frost DK- Item Level or even Primary Stat might not be the most important thing to see an increase in performance. 'Immediately Obvious' L O L.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexali View Post
    What did reforging do to you to hurt you so badly? Break your heart? So much hatred, it has to be something like that.
    what did it do to me? \
    the same thing it did to every wow player but yall seem to forget behind your rose tinted goggles
    made every new item you got a 600g investment
    "ok i gottareforge all my gear and change my gems and enchants and banm 2301 gold later, i now am back to optimal stat usage"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    Sure, for hardcores there will always be just one choice. But for casuals, who might play things that are fun, but not optimal, it is a great fun customization. Also for pvp, different stats can be used for different playstyles. Sure, I can grind a million different gear sets, but that is very unfun and time consuming. Having the bags with a million different gearsets is not that fun. It is enough just having different sets for each spec, if not 2-3 sets for each spec, just for fun. Then I would just not bother, because it is not worth it. To spend a little gold moving the stats about, I would try out stuff. Also, it would be very nice for say fire mages to get a bit more crit early on as they usually feel extremely sluggish before they get some crit.
    in PVP gear doesnt matter, you get predetermined stats from templates, i tried it myslef with swaping gear with different secondaries, my stats didnt cahnge at all, it only matters in world pvp

Yes, I'd love to have it back.

Their excuse for getting rid of it was that they didn't want people going back into town after ever new piece of gear. Then they implemented the forge that lets you get points into relics. FORCING you back to town after you get a new relic. 5 item levels and several good traits is WAY more important than putting a few points from versatility to haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    yes but titanforging and gear is comparing stats.
    reforging required doing math on all your gear to find the perfect stat choices to makesure you hit as little hit/expertise as needed and as much of your best stat as possible.

No. Just another tedious thing to make sure of while min/maxing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Only hit and expertise no longer exist so if reforging came back it would just be about which stat you like more.
    correct, so wouldent that be the equivelent of just having enchants for every peice of gear on a vendor? doesent that seem... stupid? because really there is no customization, there is no choice, its just"ok got my helm, time togo enchant it with my best stats"

here is what would happen
    got helmet
    go to town, speaktoo person
    change worst stat on item to best stat, or just dont even touch it because it has your two best stats.

so for me
    helm droops, mast and crit
    go to town, change some crit to haste
    done
    it was a button ckick there was no thought it was simple "this too that" this does not massivly cvhange your gameplay, it does not allow you too do cool and fun things, its just abit of stat movement, and abit of gold lost every time you get a new item

also having pointless required gold sinks is stupid.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-02-10 at 07:53 PM.

-snip for space-
    so for me
    helm droops, mast and crit
    go to town, change some crit to haste
    done
    it was a button ckick there was no thought it was simple "this too that" this does not massivly cvhange your gameplay, it does not allow you too do cool and fun things, its just abit of stat movement, and abit of gold lost every time you get a new item
    But at some point changing that crit to haste would be a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    if they brough it back, it would probably reforge random amount of a stat or reforge it to a random stat...

Ion loves RNG

15+ Year Old Account
    Shouldt need it, no more tier sets with sub-par stats on em, should be able to go for bis stats in all slots.

(Not sure how azerite pieces will work)
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

i wouldent callchanging your loqest stat to your highest stat customization...
    its like having a 2 talent points that are "600 mastery" or "600 crit" and then going "AWWW YEAH LOOK AT ALL THISCUSTOMIZATION!"
    This sums it up.
    People are quick to call it customisation as if it was actually a choice, but how many times did you actually have the "choice" to pick something that was inferior in numbers.
    Outside of PvP you did not.

There was one right way to reforge your gear at any point.

It was a crutch to fix hit rating, and to make the it suck less.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyris View Post
    It was removed because people turned to add-ons/websites for the perfect reforger. (Same reasoning as with cookie cutter talent trees)

The original plan was to have different builds focussed on crit or haste being equally powerful. But that never made it live. Idem dito for multistrike.

If they come up with a way to introduce that in a balanced way it would be great!
    That is simply impossible.
    That's the problem.
    Stats are never going to be balanced.
    There are going to be points where one is superior to another.
    And reforging meant that replacing an inferior stat with a better one was a no-brainer decision.

Customisation means real equal choices.
    And performance boosts are never, ever going to be that.

That is why there is an effort to move talents towards something that isn't such an obvious decision.
    Not that it will be entirely successful, but it can come a lot closer than reforging can ever do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

with the removal of tiers and M+, getting optimised gear isnt such an issue as it was in the past, where raids were the only way of getting high end gear as M+ are spamable aslong you have the keys, so i dont think there is a need to bring reforging back, i would rather see more sockets, and maybe guaranteed sockets on necks and rings, just how the legendary necks and rings always had a socket slot

what did it do to me? \
    the same thing it did to every wow player but yall seem to forget behind your rose tinted goggles
    made every new item you got a 600g investment
    It was barely noticeable from a gold standpoint, hardly 600g- since garrisons and mission tables, who actually cares about 50-200g it costs to reforge.

Bring back Reforging, remove Titanforging, but keep Warforging. GG fixed the game. Not like it matters since they basically said weapons won't be able to Titanforge and certain slots(anything used by the Heart of Azeroth) won't be able to WF/TF, so just remove TF altogether.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-02-10 at 08:13 PM.