Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

My hype for BfA is decreasing

Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.

I was never really hyped for BFA honestly. The systems reveal was basically "this is what we want to do in this expansion, but it's so not ready we can't actually even show you it."

The only part I was really hyped for is the Allied races and we got those already, so I'm just back to Legion :P
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

not rly, after seeing the zones and dungeons, the zones look fucking amazing, nasmir especially looks awesome

That's more a problem of you managing your expectations than with BfA.

Deleted
    I never had this feeling with other expansions before, but something in my mind is telling me that this is the end of WoW for real this time.

People weren't "hyped" for WoD and MoP either, and yet they still sold a bunch of copies at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-alpha there's little reason to be hyped for this. We don't know if there's a big bad and if there is, we don't know who (Azshara is involved but...).The theme is uninvolving because we all know that neither side can really win and even the intermediate victories are scripted - there's nothing players can do to stop an attack on Stormwind, etc.

What's left are the setting, the new races that aren't in 7.3.5, and... that's it. Combine all of this with the fact that it's not going to be live anytime soon and....why be hyped at all? that's like being hyped for next NFL season or something.

Now, as we learn more and especially as beta opens? Then we might see stuff that makes us go "Oh, that's going to be cool!" Even then, the gap between now and live is big and it's hard to really remain excited for months.

I havent even started getting hyped yet lol
    I mean, its far to the release and I havent even played the Beta. How am i supposed to have any feeling of this new expansion yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ewun Intent View Post
    I never had this feeling with other expansions before, but something in my mind is telling me that this is the end of WoW for real this time.
    Definitely not the end of WoW, that is very, very far off. It may be the end of WoW for you though and there's nothing wrong with that. If you don't have fun with something anymore then just stop doing it. Just because you decide to stop playing doesn't mean WoW won't still be doing awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    People weren't "hyped" for WoD and MoP either, and yet they still sold a bunch of copies at launch.
    Truth. I personally thought MoP was going to suck and then it ended up being my favorite expansion.

Cataclysm was the most hyped expansion by far and it’s generally regarded as the second worst of the bunch. Hype really means nothing in terms of quality

I never had hype to begin with, sadly. We literally just saved the entire universe from the burning legion. Where do you go from there? Oh right, back to the old HvA boring played out crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Need to get waaaay deeper into BfA beta before I make up my mind if I'll play/raid or not, also what class/spec I'll raid as.

I'm interested, for sure, especially about the "RTS" scenarios where you and a team work together to gather resources and train units, battlefronts? something like that. Also the post the Devs made about class utility and unique tools made me happy, I mained a ret paladin for around 6-7 years before they gutted the class and spec of all it's flavor utility- to the point where Ret Paladins today are just a combined Arms and Fury warrior with yellow glitter and sparks on top but just worse than Arms and Fury in every measurable way.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Onestly, the more content we got from datamining, the more I got interested.

Agreed.

The real reason I'm not hyped for BfA is I'm actually pretty okay just playing Legion in perpetuity. And every other expansion all the way back to Cata has been a filler expansion. (BC being the first expansion - was pretty filler just by nature, but was infused with stuff left over from Vanilla development that didn't make it in the initial cut. Compared to Wrath BC is a joke.)

BfA could very well be a filler expansion - small time zones, small time game improvements, seemingly not robust in lore like Legion is... idk. Kul'Tiras? Zurubashi? Who cares. They've been off the map since Vanilla - it feels really bad to have their territory magically show up at this point - they're too late to the party as it were.

As for Legion and how things are now... (for me)... Argus patch was pretty big... it's easy to keep playing alts and gearing. I have challenge weapons to finish!

Antorus itself is so easily farm-able now... Even LFR is somewhat satisfying given 915 gear drops, which is more than enough to complete challenge weapons with. Also, the tier sets themselves are totally worth collecting!

As far as the leggos and ap grind goes, I just don't stress over it. At least 1 leggo will drop just from a handful of world quests / boss kills, second one use the Antorus ring once your order hall is upgraded. Easy peasy. Catch up on weapon ap is ideal to get you 3 second tier relics in really not too much time.

Still having fun with the game as is, probably up until BfA launch!

Deleted
    Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I was very hyped. I was thinking about re-sub in BfA but after couple of weeks I feel emptiness.

I've seen topics about this for about every expansion. In some, it was justified (WoD)

Wait it out and decide for yourself once it releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hello

Do you feel the same ?

I never felt the hype, I was always crying a river in my grandmothers basement with all of my washed up bitcoin to keep me company in Legion.

RIPINPEACE wow

Why would one be hyped anyway.. The cinematic was very well done but that was about it. It's gonna be another filler expac like WoD.

Deleted
    Hello

Do you feel the same ?

Why do you need hype? I enjoy WoW, I've always enjoyed WoW, and thus I buy the expansions, and I keep playing a game I enjoy.

Hype is used to market things, to sell things to people otherwise not interested. If you cannot feel the hype, that just means you're not all that interested atm, maybe you will be later, maybe you will never be.

I don't get hyped the way I did as a teen anymore, I've matured and so has my emotional responses to things, at first I thought I was just done with gaming, but it turns out, I just got excited once I had the actual product instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Truth. I personally thought MoP was going to suck and then it ended up being my favorite expansion.

Cataclysm was the most hyped expansion by far and it’s generally regarded as the second worst of the bunch. Hype really means nothing in terms of quality
    The downside was MoP having Pandas... that was really it.

However, consider WoD and Cata being the worst. There's a pattern that Blizz MUST avoid in BfA - the filler expansion curse.

BC < WotLK
    Cata < MoP
    WoD < Legion
    BfA ? xxx

True, BC was decent, but it wasn't Wrath, and it will continue to fall away in time.

As the record stands now given the past development pattern, BfA could be a flop. And in retrospect, WoD and Cata were easily good times to unsub - not a lot would have been missed.

Three Best:
    Legion
    Wrath
    MoP

Three Worst:
    BC
    Cata
    WoD