Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Yeah, white people are just one big group that is represented by other white people no matter the differences. Where are the Swedes or Serbs? White americans aren't actually representing me. By the way, I'm white and considered a minority in Sweden because of being part Serb.
    So, and you take every opportunity I have ever seen to be ignorant towards anyone else who is or isn't swedish by your definition.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yeah, white people are just one big group that is represented by other white people no matter the differences. Where are the Swedes or Serbs? White americans aren't actually representing me. By the way, I'm white and considered a minority in Sweden because of being part Serb.
    Don't know about Serbs, but there are a ton of Swedish actors working in Hollywood, turns out it's pretty easy to get a job in the movie business if you're white and good looking, who woulda thunk it...

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Admittedly I'm somewhat curious about the lack of Italian and Greek diaspora actors in movies involving Ancient Rome and Greece.
    That's because in the collective consciousness, Ancient Greece and Rome were populated by pasty-skinned people with British accents, seeing actual Greeks or Italians in those roles is a bit jarring to audiences and so Hollywood tends not to do it.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2018-02-11 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Um...I am an ethnic minority...
    Of course you're... You'll be surprised at how many nazis and white supremacists on the internet pretend to be black or brown for the sake of adding more weight to their shaky arguments.

My original question still stands why did you make this thread when you've added the disclaimer that you dislike people complaining about diversity.

You're a minority yet you don't want representation? You don't want people who look like you being included in narratives that you enjoy to watch or read etc? Why? Are you self-hating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Of course you're... You'll be surprised at how many nazis and white supremacists on the internet pretend to be black or brown for the sake of adding more weight to their shaky arguments.

My original question still stands why did you make this thread when you've added the disclaimer that you dislike people complaining about diversity.

You're a minority yet you don't want representation? You don't want people who look like you being included in narratives that you enjoy to watch or read etc? Why? Are you self-hating?
    Hahaha I wouldn't because I have seen this pathetic crap along with using photos of supermodels and stolen profiles of blonde haired blue eyed women. It's hilarious when they get famous and then get busted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Don't know about Serbs, but there are a ton of Swedish actors working in Hollywood, turns out it's pretty easy to get a job in the movie business if you're white and good looking, who woulda thunk it...
    The only one I can even think of off-hand like this is Joel Kinnaman.

The only one I can even think of off-hand like this is Joel Kinnaman.
    None of them are huge, but you have a lot of people getting steady work like Alicia Vikander, Noomi Rapace, Alexander Skarsgard, etc. You'd have a really hard time trying to argue that Hollywood is somehow biased against Swedish people.

I feel sorry for the actors in black panther, they probably just wanted to play in a superhero movie and have fun. But instead they are being used as political tool because people like didactic have a white savior complex.

You're reaching dear, reaching for the stars with this post... You should go work for Tesla. Your argument could be applied to any group of people regardless of skin colour so it is a moot point and I don't think serb representation in Sweden is really that high of a priority for me or for anyone else for that matter. We need to win the big battle first and then win these smaller and in my opinion inconsequential fights later on when we have equal representation of white, black and brown people in the front lines and behind the scenes in society.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them are huge, but you have a lot of people getting steady work like Alicia Vikander, Noomi Rapace, Alexander Skarsgard, etc. You'd have a really hard time trying to argue that Hollywood is somehow biased against Swedish people.
    What about Pewdiepie that guy should run for PM of Sweden at this point he is everywhere. Oh and Ace of Base they were Rad!

I didn't argue that they'äre biased. I don't actually care about representation of my race/ethnicity because it's silly, it was more to show how ridiculous it is to care about whether someone is the same race or ethnicity as you are in media or games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    I feel sorry for the actors in black panther, they probably just wanted to play in a superhero movie and have fun. But instead they are being used as political tool because people like didactic have a white savior complex.
    Actually every single one of them has been asked and answered about being proud not only their portrayals but for what the film means in terms of positive image for PoC

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't argue that they'äre biased. I don't actually care about representation of my race/ethnicity because it's silly, it was more to show how ridiculous it is to care about whether someone is the same race or ethnicity as you are in media or games.
    So you just brought it up to manipulate a perspective you don't hold about a complaint you don't understand. Seriously it would be much less dishonest to simply admit you don't care and move on rather than trying to pretend you have some perspective that is equal to those you argue against.

My mother is Southern Italian (Calabrian) and my biological father is Afro-Jamaican. However, you're not required to believe me.

Btw, can we stop using the term 'brown people'? All humans are just different shades of brown and you're lumping together billions of humans with very little cultural and ancestral ties other than a skin tone.

I dislike it when people complain about the lack of diversity and I dislike it when people complain about characters that are diverse because the creator intended for them to be in a way that doesn't make them a token.

Where did I ever say I don't want to see minorities represented? That's a total strawman and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Might I suggest reading about the Clark's doll experiments?
    If you can find something about it in Swedish, link it to me because I'm sure as hell not reading all of that in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It's a pretty simple premise you don't have to write a PhD on the study. Just get the gist
    I don't plan on having my brain turn into goo from reading such lengthy text in English and having to look up words all the time.

You may not care but other people do, so why not just replace some of the roles with minority actors, it won't affect whether you watch the movie or not but it will manage to draw some extra viewers, so it should be a win-win, eh?

I don't plan on having my brain turn into goo from reading such lengthy text in English and having to look up words all the time.
    Black girl thinks black doll is ugly and white doll is pretty. Do you need me to run that through Google translate for you?

There is nothing wrong with diversity if it makes sense but forced diversity where it does not make sense is retarded.

Like you dont want to make Bohemian king from 15th century a black man? You are nazi racist and you should get kicked from your job and sent to conce....reeducation sensitivity camps.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Hahaha I wouldn't because I have seen this pathetic crap along with using photos of supermodels and stolen profiles of blonde haired blue eyed women. It's hilarious when they get famous and then get busted.
    Dude I literally posted a picture of myself on a thread that you(?) made about how you would rate yourself, attractiveness-wise.

I remember it because some troll kept calling everyone who posted a picture of themselves ugly and getting pissy about people complementing them.

You may not care but other people do, so why not just replace some of the roles with minority actors, it won't affect whether you watch the movie or not but it will manage to draw some extra viewers, so it should be a win-win, eh?
    It will affect if I watch it or not if they shoehorn them in. If they make sense to the story, fine. Shoehorning them in? No, that's stupid. I hated what they did to GITS when they put Scarlett Johansson as Motoko. I loved GITS but they just ruined it when they made a live-action version of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Black girl thinks black doll is ugly and white doll is pretty. Do you need me to run that through Google translate for you?
    How does that even matter to this?

A yes, the old "you're not ACTUALLY black" straw man argument. Cool.