Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    We should flood them with reality
    Which is exactly what paying rent is.

and not make it sound like some kind of hellish circumstance
    While I wouldn't exactly call getting allowance a 'hellish circumstance'. ... Paying rent is pretty crappy. Get used to it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    long story short, this woman is charging her 5 years old weekly rent of 5 $ out of her allowed 7$. is it justified ? would you do that to your own son / daughter ?

here's the link btw : http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/18/mom-re...-rent-7241220/

from my perspective, she maybe has good intentions but going too far. i mean, you are not teaching her anything beyond that she is getting less money out of you, since you are the one giving her that money in the first place. at least that's what i hope, mommy isn't forcing her 5 years old to work and get the money out of her hands right ? right ??!?
    You realize it is the parents money right? You realize most parents do not give an allowance to their kids right? I think too many busy bodies are thinking way too hard on something they should have no opinion about in the first place. You want your kid to grow up like an asshole, then by all means do whatever you like. This kid will be miles ahead of other kids who don't understand the value of money.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    A five year old doesn't need an "allowance". Nothing to discuss here.
    No one "needs" an allowance, it is a simple way of teaching money management.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    You realize it is the parents money right? You realize most parents do not give an allowance to their kids right? I think too many busy bodies are thinking way too hard on something they should have no opinion about in the first place. You want your kid to grow up like an asshole, then by all means do whatever you like. This kid will be miles ahead of other kids who don't understand the value of money.
    You seem like you are thinking way too hard about something that you should have no opinion about in the first place. Oh wait, or is that just for other people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    You seem like you are thinking way too hard about something that you should have no opinion about in the first place. Oh wait, or is that just for other people?
    I'm responding to a stupid question. In general, it's a smart idea to think of an appropriate response if you respond. You should give it a try sometime. Obviously you skipped that process this time but, I fully encourage you to think before responding in the future.