Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the actual paper.

https://www.cafonline.org/docs/defau...rsn=2fe9cd40_2

Apparently 'charitable donations' is any individual who listed donations on their tax return
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Charity to what?
    Does this includes systematic donations? Like church collect and restaurant tips?
    Does govermental aid count? I guess not considering that Swedens entire population increased with like 2.5% from taking in fleeing refugees in need and giving them a place to live and food yet they are apparently not reaching 1.44% of GDP?!?!

Also what are we comparing here? People or governmental systems? If the first shouldnt the statistics be calculated as % of income after tax donated to charity? If the latter shouldnt govermental programs that give aid also count?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Are you that dense? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
    The guy who wants to pay more for vastly shittier versions of things should really be careful who he calls dense.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you been around here long enough, you learn to ignore Didactic.

He hates America.
    if you've been around here long enough you learn to ignore hubcap's ignorant clickbaiting bs thread titles and cherrypicked articles to correspond to his equally biased agenda. btw america is two continents NOT ONE COUNTRY. but i wasn't really expecting you to know correct geography.
    since you hate facts.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I honestly think that if we removed Bill Gates from the equation, it would drop significantly, and even to US not being first. The study is either badly done, or the article has horrible amounts of information. It is also not stating what a "charity" even is.
    Ummm, the US donates BILLIONS around the world. We are BY FAR the most generous nation and even if you take bill Gates we are still by far the most generous. We are spending 50 BILLION alone just on PR right now...and that doesn't include all of the other natural disasters where the US donates to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if you've been around here long enough you learn to ignore hubcap's ignorant clickbaiting bs thread titles and cherrypicked articles to correspond to his equally biased agenda. btw america is two continents NOT ONE COUNTRY. but i wasn't really expecting you to know correct geography.
    since you hate facts.
    The United States of America is ONE COUNTRY. We aren't talking about continents and all of the countries south of the US benefit from our generosity...not vise versa. Central America isn't the United States of America, and South America isn't the United States of America and they all have MULTIPLE countries inside of them. So if you want to talk about geography....you only came off as a prick...and wrong.

P.S As for North America...it is the United States and Canada....I dare you to claim that Canada and the US aren't two different countries simply because they both reside in North America. Also, EVERYBODY knows that when you say "America" that you are specifically talking about the US. (Which is one country)
    Last edited by Xires; 2018-02-12 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And Islam is the most charitable religion.
    In terms of death and destruction...yes. But be that as it may....the US is by far the most generous nation. Europeans are just so smug and full of themselves that they tend to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing. I hope the muslim apocalypse comes for you people sooner rather then later. Can't wait to see your brave and "empowered" women running around with hijabs and then eventually the whole garbage bag look.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We have a lot of money and we're still religious is my guess as to why

Hell, Bill Gates gives more money away than many countries.
    lol!

Also I wonder how much of that charity came out of the "1%".

Quote Originally Posted by Weikorr View Post
    well, its also the richest first world country if you take size into account.

Its like "wow"ing the fact that china has the largest rice production...

Statistics can always be skewed into one way to make countries sound better or worse than they are.
    This statistic is a percentage of GDP, making the the overall wealth/size of the nation irrelevant. Think of it this way: per dollar made in the US, a bigger percentage of that dollar is donated to charity than any other nation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The pretense that arises from religious organizations not being particularly charitable or being outright discriminatory.

Surely the faithful can stomach a slightly higher tax rate if they actually believe they are doing god's work.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/..._n_683932.html

Seems like they do it alright in the hospital sector though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Also prohibits nation bashing, yet....
    Taking a shit on your country and running it into the ground is okay, but pointing out that you're doing so is terribly offensive. Kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And somehow Americans will turn this into a self-hating thread.

Remove Bill Gates, and U.S is the bottom of the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Bill Gates (his foundation, rather) donates a couple hundred million dollars a year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Does that really matter though? At least this way it ends up with the right cause and doesnt disappear in a black hole that is the government.
    It matters. Doing the right thing for the wrong reason, is still the wrong reason. If someone is only "generous" because it benefits them, then they aren't really generous.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And Islam is the most charitable religion.
    Can you link a source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Actually false.

Hyperboles aside, still false.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm British - this is exactly what I mean, you have no idea what you're talking about, you're just assuming every piece of information you mindlessly spout. Furthermore, I read that article and watched the video, she was asked to leave and didn't. That's what happens when you're obstructive. Even then one article from one piece of media is enough to prove your point a whole country of over 300 million people is terrible?

You don't get to call me ignorant whilst you refuse to defend your views because you know how innate they are, with absolutely no substance. I like how you need to insult me (which you couldn't even do properly since I'm not American) because you're so insecure I don't share your toxic views.

You have nothing but your emotion and your opinions, both of which are unfounded.

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy to be born in the best place in the world to be born in pretty much every sense and decide to hate it.
    You make me sad to be part British, you really do. The one thing you've said that has really made me stumped is when you said you were from Britain as that truly made me disappointing.

I made several points as to why America is a shit country. I don't even know why you try to defend it, it seems more like you are the one here to that knows the absolute least about the country seeing as you stated it to be "The best place in the world". Do you even realize how unbelievably ignorant and dumb that statement is? Do you in fact know anything about any country in the world? I'm attacking you as a person because you have neglected simple truths about the US and act stupid when they are made out to you. Expensive education, most expensive healthcare. These are facts. Or how about the fact that it's politics are dictated by money, and not the people?
    Remember when the FCC tried to remove net neutrality, and how they lied to the entire population and made false supporters? Purely because the people that voted in the FCC were getting donations from companies that would benefit from the removal of net neutrality.
    Let's talk about when a young man died because he couldn't afford is insulin: https://www.snopes.com/shane-patrick...n-for-insulin/

Or lets talk about kids not being able to afford lunch. Young kids in fact, children. Those that need it to grow: http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/09/news...sis/index.html

Maybe we should mention how frequently those that risk their lives trying to protect the "land of the free" commit suicide because they receive no help after they dedicated their lives to their military: https://onceasoldier.org/veteran-sui...hoC_UsQAvD_BwE

Finally perhaps we should talk about the cons of the second amendment? The infamous school shootings. I am going to let you google that was as I couldn't find a good source that listed them all except wikipedia. Btw you should donate, it's a great site.

There is so much information out there on how shit America is. Mind you, that doesn't mean everyone that lives there is shit. But considering how many people that are anti gay exists, how many racists that exists, how many anti-vaxxers that exists, how many Scientologists, flat earth believers etc, you can't make a great argument for it's people either.

I doubt you made it this far, I don't have that much faith in you as a person. But if you did I have even less faith in actually changing your mind, because if it is one thing America has done well it's advertisement. Not just in terms of getting people to buy shit they don't need but also to brainwash it's people, and people in other countries, of that the country is so "amazing". Basically the people that are getting screwed over by the nation's government and corrupt policies are the ones defending it.

You are proof of that their brainwashing tactics work.

Deleted
    Wanna talk about the people that die in the UK due to wait times to see a doctor? Especially amongst the elderly? The deaths as a result from slow ambulance response times? (pretty much only London gets an average response within 8 minutes, and if you're critically injured, any more than 8 minutes you're pretty much dead) so free healthcare isn't the solution. It does not work. If free health care was 100% effective we would not need private health insurance in the UK, but it exists and a great deal of people use it. So it sucks that the guy died, but that's one example that is pretty much undefendable, so that's 1 in 300,000 so far, find me another example of someone dying who was completely blameless. You can't expect these outliers to define policy.

Furthermore, if a kid can't afford lunch, then that's the parent's problem - do you think school is 100% free in the UK? We have to pay for meals to, not every school has a breakfast club. How much would a loaf of bread and some kind or spread or meat cost for a week? $5? Less? If a parent can't afford that then it's now a question of whether or not they should be responsible for kids, not if it's the school's responsibility to do that job for them.

Also, if I were American I would be anti-gun. Nearly every mass-shooter in American history was using come kind of mental drug because of their health, I would suggest America has a bigger problem with over-perscription than it does with guns. Normal people don't misuse guns and guns don't kill people by themselves.

The true irony of all this is, you call me brainwashed and yet the only arguments you put forward are one's in articles already done for you. All of those articles have both a bias and an agenda, and all you're doing is repeating what you read. It's sad to see someone who is so incapable at looking at both sides of the argument - are you completely ignorant of the humanitarian aid the US provides the world? The fact genuine nefarious nations like Russia don't dare make a move from fear of retribution from the US? It's pop-culture? It's art? The values it was founded upon? If you know a thing about history then you'll know it's essentially the UK, without a monarch with complete power and done better. And it worked. If I could live anywhere I would certainly live there because I value the idea of living in a country that allows me to think and be whatever I so like, and allows me the opportunity and right to do exactly with me life what I want without getting in my way. And that breeds great success and also allows for failure, but that's just how the world works.

So I did read everything, and frankly I'm not concerned about your faith in me - I care what nice people think about me, and since you feel you are justified in being rude simply because we disagree (you are not, ever, but thanks for displaying your mentality) and have such a toxic view of the world you clearly are not one.

And I'll never change my mind because, well, why would I willingly go to the wrong side of history?
    I just pointed out a scenario where a kid died due to being unable to afford his medication and you think he is the only one that has this issue? Do you even read what you say? Do you even get how fucking unbelievably ignorant you sound? Every single person in America that isn't fucking loaded with money is fucked over by their system. The ludicrous expensive education, the enormous amounts of money that needs to be spent in order to pay medical bills and medicine.
    What annoys me is I cannot find the article I read some months ago about a surgeon that said a big number of his patients would rather have died and provided their families with money from life insurance than burden them with medical bills they simply cannot pay. That's right, people would rather die.

Furthermore, if a kid cannot afford lunch that is not the parents problem if all their already existing money is going into essentials required for living. Besides, just because Britain is no better in this regards doesn't mean you can excuse the problem that some kids go without food. Britain isn't much better, for reasons why see Brexit.

If you want to live in America I'd suggest you go. I can think of no other hilarious punishment for being wrong in this discussion than to live in the country you so badly defend without actually knowing shit about anything.
    You haven't made a single counter argument to any point I have made. Like the expensive healthcare and education. The blatant and obvious corruption going on. The mass murdering of young innocent people through the abuse of gun laws. The high levels of racism and sexism. The huge level of ignorance towards science, such as the flat earth believers and anti-vaxxers. The fact that the US has the highest level of incarceration per capita in the world. You have made 0 attempts at trying to defend the US. You simply can't. You haven't realized it yet but you lost this discussion like 3 posts back.

You protect the country out of sheer ignorance to all the flaws that it has. Flaws which has resulted in people dying. Flaws which forces an overwhelming amount to live in poverty. Flaws that prevent the country from seeing any real progression. You talk about US holding Russia back, but tell me. Who holds the US back? They are the most warmongering country that currently exist, and if any country would ever be the spark to WW3 it's them.

Now go ahead. Make another worthless post that doesn't properly address anything I have just said. Go ahead and just turn a blind eye to everything in order to protect your world views. Your astoundingly high level of ignorance is not going to serve you any good ever and unfortunately for you you won't every realize it either. You simply aren't capable.

You are a horrible person and you've lost.

Deleted
    It's really difficult to argue with you because you're literally ignoring the points I make, plus there are so many non-truths you believe. This is what happens when you have an agenda and only look for stories and media that conforms to that. You can call me horrible, but I'm not the one hurling insults and being incapable to hold a debate without mashing my face on my keyboard in a rage.

I literally address every point you make - perhaps you choose to ignore that because you know how I've disproven you - you are so sure you're right you've probably never considered the idea that you might not be (protip ; you aren't)

It's an interesting thing to be called unintelligent by an unintelligent person, like I could take the time countering your argument like I have done, but you just won't read it and make another reply that doesn't make sense, so what am I to do? If anyone, anywhere in the world read what I'm writing and what you're writing, 100% of them would agree that you are the one who is displaying nothing but intolerance and frankly - hate. Which again is ironic considering I'm supposedly the horrible person here, I'm more than willing to entertain other ideas, and if I get convinced then I can change my mind about something I believe, because I'm a rational human being I like to think. Think you're 100% correct all the time, (like you evidently do) just isn't healthy for anyone's mind or ego, as you so gracefully prove for us so thanks for that.

You are welcome to lie and pretend I'm not making valid points, just as you are welcome to keep on insulting me. It's all fine because it reinforces my original point - you have no argument, you have no tolerance - generally as we age into adulthood we develop a thing called "empathy" and our ability to reason and see other views allows us to communicate without it turning rude and vulgar, obviously you're yet to go through this stage because if you had you would be far more capable of dealing with a contrasting argument without getting as angry and defensive as you have.

Finally, I would say, if you are so ready to blatantly lie, insult and be ignorant of facts all in the name of your argument, I would suggest you perhaps take a real step back and wonder "if I must do all of these things to defend my point of view, is it in fact possible, I am wrong?" I've not lied, I've not insulted (deliberately anyway but I'm sure one could construe my words in that way if they so desired) and I've only said the truth, in fact you won't find much of my opinion anywhere in what I've said here, but 90% of your replies is either your opinion and some random link to a biased news article, and the other 10% is just anger and vitriol.

Also, I'd suggest getting a less juvenile attitude to debate, no one wins or loses, we're not kids. Adults can disagree and not take it so personally they consider it a loss or victory. However, in terms of actual facts and being rational, I most certainly have not lost. Cheer up pal.
    I'm not gonna read that.

I don't want to know what you have to say. I've already reached my conclusion about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I'm not gonna read that.

I don't want to know what you have to say. I've already reached my conclusion about you.
    You should because he's right.

Deleted
    Do they count what Euros "donate" through taxes?