Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good, cause I want to get stuff I can actually use, instead of 3 other armor types and weapons I can't learn.

Not getting daggers/staves/guns on a warrior is not a problem. I'll just run the place on a rogue/caster/hunter instead then.

Cutting down some boss loot tables from 15 to 1-5 items is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    One of the big things could be, is hunters can't get int shammy gear. Which is quite annoying, I assume the same goes for Warriors/DKs with int pally gear.
    As for armor : ALL mail/leather is int/agi, ALL plate is int/str. Rogues, Hunters will see more armor gear drop, instead of just previous agility.

Warrior/DK will see previously pally int healing gear too. (now int/str on armor+shields)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It may be a stupid change, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as the chicken-littles on WoW forums will insist that it is. About the only thing it effects is getting weapons not designed for your class/spec (a mage or warlock being able to pick up a strength sword, or a warrior getting a bow/staff). And considering those things are few and far between in dungeons as it is, if you really want to get them, you should be running it on a class that can actually loot them.
    Warlocks need the actual physical item in our bags for Felguard xmog glyph.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Not getting daggers/staves/guns on a warrior is not a problem. I'll just run the place on a rogue/caster/hunter instead then.
    Except now you cannot get that spell caster dagger you may have wanted on your rogue, and you can't get the str 1 hander sword you might have wanted on your mage or warlock.

It's a stupid change, and you're not going to be farming dungeons to level up and gear until you're in current expansion content anyways. What this actually means is there will just simply be less gear drops at all.

Also warrior's CAN equip daggers/staves/guns, in fact they are the only class that can use all weapon types. >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Warlocks need the actual physical item in our bags for Felguard xmog glyph.
    That too.

I have an idea, how about if you're not a transmog collector you stop posting in threads that are about transmog collecting.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    Except now you cannot get that spell caster dagger you may have wanted on your rogue, and you can't get the str 1 hander sword you might have wanted on your mage or warlock.

It's a stupid change, and you're not going to be farming dungeons to level up and gear until you're in current expansion content anyways. What this actually means is there will just simply be less gear drops at all.

Also warrior's CAN equip daggers/staves/guns, in fact they are the only class that can use all weapon types. >.>
    Rogues can still transmog caster daggers, just run the places on a priest/mage/lock/shaman/druid. And the caster won't get useless drops like Plate helms, Guns, Fist Weapons, 2 handed maces etc.

Warriors of course can still equip daggers/staves/guns/bows, it just doesn't make sense in the current itemization, otherwise they'd have put strength on it already.

Also a warrior wouldn't want to use caster weapons since they got like half the damage of their regular weapons, and gun/bow don't have a seperate slot anymore, they simply couldn't use the majority of their class abilities anymore.

Actually, Rogues and Hunters will see MORE armor drops, as many previously int only gear has agility now too (warrior/DK will see paladin gear too that used to be int, which has int/str now)
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 01:20 AM.

Create a private group in LFG and you change the loot options to whatever you want, but it is an annoying and stupid change.

Rogues can still transmog caster daggers, just run the places on a priest/mage/lock/shaman/druid. And the caster won't get useless drops like Plate helms, Guns, Fist Weapons, 2 handed maces etc.

Warriors of course can still equip daggers/staves/guns/bows, it just doesn't make sense in the current itemization, otherwise they'd have put strength on it already.

Also a warrior wouldn't want to use caster weapons since they got like half the damage of their regular weapons, and gun/bow don't have a seperate slot anymore, they simply couldn't use the majority of their class abilities anymore.

Actually, Rogues and Hunters will see MORE armor drops, as many previously int only gear has agility now too (warrior/DK will see paladin gear too that used to be int, which has int/str now)
    I think the issue you are overlooking is that some people don't have multiple characters, let alone multiple characters able to farm all of the old content.
    What they are pointing out, is that if they are playing Rogue, if they don't have a caster that can equip daggers/swords/etc, they are now having to level one to do this. That, or you need to look for someone with that class that's willing to go with you and trade the weapon.
    Its not that it's a terrible idea. It's a headache, and one that doesn't need to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think the issue you are overlooking is that some people don't have multiple characters, let alone multiple characters able to farm all of the old content.
    What they are pointing out, is that if they are playing Rogue, if they don't have a caster that can equip daggers/swords/etc, they are now having to level one to do this. That, or you need to look for someone with that class that's willing to go with you and trade the weapon.
    Its not that it's a terrible idea. It's a headache, and one that doesn't need to happen.
    See my post above yours, there is a work around.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What's more of a headache is getting 90% unuseable drops on your runs before, not talking about raids as they still are RNG as usual.

Ever went to Molten Core and getting like 90% other class loot? Yes that's still the case and not enjoyable.

just run the places on a priest/mage/lock/shaman/druid.
    That's exactly what the problem is.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what the problem is.
    Except is it a worse problem then getting plate/mail/cloth/2handed maces on your rogue??? (60-90% unusable drops based on RNG)

What's more of a headache is getting 90% unuseable drops on your runs before, not talking about raids as they still are RNG as usual.

Ever went to Molten Core and getting like 90% other class loot? Yes that's still the case and not enjoyable.
    What are you even on? Nobody that isn't twinking is farming any of that content regularly to gear their toons up. And we're not talking about RAIDS anyways, we're talking about DUNGEONS. You cannot change the loot type in dungeons anymore. This conversation does not apply to raids. We're very thankfully NOT forced to use personal loot in raids.

And FYI you are far more unlikely to get the drop you want if you're using personal loot to farm xmogs than you are using free for all or group loot, due to the sheer fact that you may not get anything at all with personal loot and often will not. But with the other loot types you are guaranteed to get something.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-13 at 01:31 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What are you even on? Nobody that isn't twinking is farming any of that content regularly to gear their toons up.
    I mean for Transmog, not at level 60. You literally get a ton of garbage loot just because personal loot isn't implemented on it.

As for Dungeons, reducing item drop loot lists from 15 to 1-5 is a good thing cause it increases the chances to get stuff you can actually learn, instead of getting 10 useless items , or 60%+.

BRD for example just still takes forever, so having 4-5 items on the end boss instead of 15 is an improvement.

Situation was even worse on heroic dungeons with 1 day lockouts.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 01:33 AM.

I mean for Transmog, not at level 60. You literally get a ton of garbage loot just because personal loot isn't implemented on it.
    And? If you use personal loot it will take you even longer because you will only get one item max per boss with personal loot, and usually none at all.

You're not thinking correctly. But hey, guess what? If you really want to use personal loot to farm old raids you totally have the OPTION to do that. Having OPTIONS is fine, taking them away for no valid reason is not.

I'd rather have a guaranteed chance of several pieces of loot dropped which might very well be what I want, than personal loot where I might get nothing. I mean, what's annoying about free gold? That shit does add up a bit man.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-13 at 01:40 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And? If you use personal loot it will take you even longer because you will only get one item, and usually none at all.

You're not thinking correctly. But hey, guess what? If you really want to use personal loot to farm old raids you totally have the OPTION to do that. Having OPTIONS is fine, taking them away for no valid reason is not.
    There's no option, when there simply isn't, I'd switch on personal loot for anything Vanilla/BC/Cata Raids if I could.

I'm all for Blizz adding a toggle for all raids/dungeons, give people what they want. Problem solved for most people.

Speaking strictly 5 mans here:

7.3.0 had 100% guaranteed personal loot in Eastern Kingdoms dungeons (Kalimdor hadn't changed at the time). I pretty much got most of the items on X class from Stratholme/BRD. Stockades would mostly only need 1 run per class too.

Now I did give feedback on PTR 7.3.5 to keep it 100% multiple times, but they lowered that chance. Now that added a unneeded RNG factor. It should have been 100% drop when solo....

7.3.5 PTR Stockades would drop 0-3 items, more often less then 3, so I sent feedback multiple PTR builds.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 01:45 AM.

There's no option, when there simply isn't, I'd switch on personal loot for anything Vanilla/BC/Cata Raids if I could.

I'm all for Blizz adding a toggle for all raids/dungeons, give people what they want. Problem solved for most people.

Speaking strictly 5 mans here:

7.3.0 had 100% guaranteed personal loot in Eastern Kingdoms dungeons (Kalimdor hadn't changed at the time). I pretty much got all the items on X class in no time from Stratholme/BRD.

Now I did give feedback on PTR 7.3.5 to keep it 100% multiple times, but they lowered that chance. Now that added a unneeded RNG factor. It should have been 100% drop when solo....
    So what you are saying is that you are annoyed by killing old bosses and getting several pieces of loot you can at least sell for gold?

Cuz PERSONAL LOOT IS CRAP. It literally reduces the chance of you even getting loot, let alone getting the piece that you want. It does not increase the change of you getting an item you're actually trying to.

Your anecdotal experience is just that. I have been in a guild master loot run and literally got every single piece of gear I wanted from that run because they all dropped and nobody else needed them. It is a very rare occasion on personal loot where I get something I actually want.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-13 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    It is a disaster for Tmog collectors and I don't understand not more people are causing a uproar about it... If they notice people swallow this crap we will soon see this in legacy raids as well. Force it on current content sure, don't on legacy stuff.
    not at all, since you dont get credit for xmog on things you cant use, you are on your warrior and that awesome cloth robe drops you get no credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3D0n View Post
    What people don't know is that you can still use the old system but it's no longer default, now you have to log to any alt character, create a custom group through their LFG system, set to raid, select loot system to free for all and tick the the auto accept, next you log on to your main, join your own group, and GG you can now still get that famous agi sword on your precious mage or whatever you wanted. If you don't want randoms to join your group, after you get passed the leader from your alt being offline, you can go to the dungeon tool and untick the auto accept button.
    The only difference now is that you have to go through all the above hassle instead of it being default. The above is possible because custom groups can still select their own loot rules.
    P.S. I don't know if same rules apply to dungeon farming, i mainly farm old raids for stuff, never did dungeons.
    good to know... I couldn't change the loot type when I was trying to RAF with myself last week and it was incredibly frustrating. It only allowed personal loot and no other option in the party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    not at all, since you dont get credit for xmog on things you cant use, you are on your warrior and that awesome cloth robe drops you get no credit for it.
    warriors still unlock all weapons except wands thus making them an ideal transmof farming class.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    There was absolutely no reason to change this. The previous system worked absolutely fine.

It was done to increase RNG and play-time.
    I have at least 18 characters I have leveled from level 1 to various levels. The previous system was Junk. Absolute garbage. It had no refinement to it that locked jerks from just hitting need on Everything. Cost valuable upgrades in slots that needed it the most. I cannot tell you the number of times I would see an upgrade drop for a slot that was Well below my level, just to have some jerk need on it for gold or because the satchels of helpful goods taught them the wrong stats to use.

Honestly, this change is for the best. If they couldn't be bothered to flag each item in low level dungeons to allow players to adequately get geared without having to fear ninja looters, this is the best solution for that. Players shouldn't have to fight RNG and their own team mates from taking gear they don't need in a dungeon. IE, a warlock needing a tanking trinket or a hunter taking an intellect neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

personal loot won't drop gear not flagged for your class. Melee won't get caster weapons through personal loot. Warriors won't get int or agility weapons to drop... casters are only seeing int weapons.

a surv hunter isn't going to see bows and a bm/marks isn't going to see melee. Personal loot restricts your possible loot drops to what your loot spec is set to use.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So what's less RNG? 1 item or 9 items. (Stratholme Balnazzar)

Left : Enhancement personal loot 1 item (Elemental/Resto would still be 3 items, not 9) ,

Right : All Classes. (Old system) As a shaman 5 items completely unlearnable regardless, cause it's cloth/leather/plate or sword. So 5 useless items with the old system.

I take 100% chance tyvm. (not counting the chance 0 items drop, which was a stupid change between 7.3 and 7.3.5)

7.3.0 had 100% item based on lootspec dropchance on Eastern Kingdoms 5 mans (BRD/Strat/Stockades etc), changed in 7.3.5 to add more RNG
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 02:15 AM.