Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    This happens because they don't like Canadians. Can't blame them.
    I doubt many Canadians are trying to illegally move to the U.S. In fact it's the other way around.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    As someone that gets stopped by the border patrol on a regular basis to be asked that very same question, my only response is get over yourself. It takes a few seconds out of your life. My biggest gripe was that during the Obama administration I always wanted to respond by asking "Does it matter anymore?" but my wife always threatened to beat me if I did.
    Sounds like someone needs to reclaim their man pants

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...iles-wide.html

Really sad. How about you focus on healthcare and education instead of bothering people who are traveling.
    Must be really annoying if you're a law abiding citizen and you're getting harassed my power tripping Border patrol agents.
    Tragic I say. Nothing quite as tragic as a man doing his job and having some know-it-all on a gaming forum question the method in which he does it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to reclaim their man pants
    But then what would I do with them once the wife was mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Let me reword this, how many white people are asked about residency compared to everyone else? Also you should have responded the way you wanted to border patrol agents lol even if you are clearly being spicy about Obama's pro-corporate barely liberal policies for some reason.
    Asking how many white people are asked about residency compared to other denominations along the mexican border is laughable. It's like complaining that 90% of inmates in a jail are black when the city is 90% black. It's just a big 'duh' but people try to twist it into the border patrol/police being racist.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

the usual suspects are in a uproar and offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Asking how many white people are asked about residency compared to other denominations along the mexican border is laughable. It's like complaining that 90% of inmates in a jail are black when the city is 90% black. It's just a big 'duh' but people try to twist it into the border patrol/police being racist.
    The guy in the OP is black. He was along the US-Canadian border.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Asking people on the streets whether they are citizens sounds pretty fascist to me. It's small steps like that. North Americans become ever more comfortable with law enforcement overreach. Sad.

Luckily we got open borders here.
    Sorry Elba but even here in Germany the police can check your Ausweiß whenever they fell like it and because of that we´re normaly advised to always have a form of idendificaion with us.

It is overreaction. Just answer the question and move one.
    However, 160km from the border? Border Patrol has nothing better and more meaningful to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Sorry Elba but even here in Germany the police can check your Ausweiß whenever they fell like it and because of that we´re normaly advised to always have a form of idendificaion with us.
    Police=/=border patrol. Theres just no reason to have border patrols 100 miles away from the border, call the cops.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2018-02-13 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Tragic I say. Nothing quite as tragic as a man doing his job and having some know-it-all on a gaming forum question the method in which he does it.
    What have been your experiences with them? Have you been asked to prove your citizenship?

10+ Year Old Account
    What have been your experiences with them? Have you been asked to prove your citizenship?
    my experiences with CBP? pretty benign actually... I show them my ID and passport... from there is pretty much, 'have a nice day'

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Looks like they look at ID as well. What happens if someone doesn't have id with them I wonder. I don't always carry mine with me. Like why should I.
    Wut? You should ALWAYS carry your ID, wtf are you smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    You mean privileged white kids and aging hippies? Yep.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Police=/=border patrol. Theres just no reason to have border patrols 100 miles away from the border, call the cops.
    Border patrol in Germany is also responsible for security/surveilance in trainstations which ofc are all in a really small readius arround the border...

They´re even responsible for looking for Schwarzarbeiter/moonlighting (if that´s the correct term for working without a license/whatever) so yeah they can ask you in the middle of Germany for your passport/ID.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    But then what would I do with them once the wife was mad?
    Tell her to get her own man pants I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yeah I'm offended, we don't need to be asking people if they're citizens 100 miles from the border. Also if we're going to do it we shouldn't be picking out the brown-skinned people for special ID checks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    my experiences with CBP? pretty benign actually... I show them my ID and passport... from there is pretty much, 'have a nice day'
    So you walk around with your passport while doing your daily business near the border?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Wut? You should ALWAYS carry your ID, wtf are you smoking?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean privileged white kids and aging hippies? Yep.
    Don't be silly dude. If I'm going cycling I'm not carrying my id with me. Why would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The guy in the OP is black. He was along the US-Canadian border.
    He wasn't near the border or what any normal person thinks of as the border. Look where Syracuse, NY is on the map, that's where he got asked.

I couldn't even prove I'm a citizen if I was asked on the spot. I don't have a passport and I only have my birth certificate hidden in some drawer I haven't looked in in 10 years. A driver's license or social security card or most other forms of ID aren't proof of citizenship.

I lived in Boston and Houston for 12 years and I guess I could have been picked up at any time since those are apparently border cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you walk around with your passport while doing your daily business near the border?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be silly dude. If I'm going cycling I'm not carrying my id with me. Why would I?
    Nope... but I have it when I'm going to be crossing the border... as far as the person on the train, solution there was simple... you answer the question and move on with your life... but thanks for playing 'what are we going to be offended about today'

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that gets stopped by the border patrol on a regular basis to be asked that very same question, my only response is get over yourself. It takes a few seconds out of your life. My biggest gripe was that during the Obama administration I always wanted to respond by asking "Does it matter anymore?" but my wife always threatened to beat me if I did.
    Hahahaa your wife sounds like a awesome woman, smart woman.

OT: Have citizenship in both countries, never had an issue going to and from, I will say unlike the U.S if you aren't really clear on common sense simple questions, yeah you will like bet stopped and checked.

As far as color, it doesn't seem to matter, however I will say if you do ever get checked and any part of your story doesn't check out, expect to be stopped more often.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis