Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    I gave up on that happening when they put out the sorry excuse for an event with us taking back the troll and gnome homes.
    Horde players at least got a little island of troll home village.

Gnomes failed in their reclamation and are sitting in the snow. At this point they should have just gone back into Ironforge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, you answered our own question. They're not the only race that's literally homeless anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Don't the night elves and Forsaken lose their homes in BFA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    What about Gnomes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Funny thing that you forgot about gnomes...
    Anyway - what about NE? They're losing their capital also... same for Forsaken.
    Yeah I am really sorry, I thought I already included Gnomes my bad. Even them though, they have the outside area of their city. Can you say the same about Worgen?

And guys, I know Forsaken and Night Elves lose their capital. I mentionted later, did you not read it? But still they will occupy entire zones under their control. Still way more than what the Gilneans have. And this is way worse...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    Yeah I am really sorry, I thought I already included Gnomes my bad. Even them though, they have the outside area of their city. Can you say the same about Worgen?

And guys, I know Forsaken and Night Elves lose their capital. I mentionted later, did you not read it? But still they will occupy entire zones under their control. Still way more than what the Gilneans have. And this is way worse...
    I did read it, but I mean it is kinda weird to go ''nobody else has no lands if you exclude these people who have no lands'' like the Horde will dominate all of Kalimdor, which includes all night elf territory outside of the soon-to-be-gone Teldrassil. Same goes for the Forsaken but with the Alliance being the aggressor

It would be nice to give the Gilneans an actual zone, but I can't see Blizz spending dev time on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannax View Post
    What about Surwich in the Blasted Lands? That is a small Gilnean settlement. Emphasis on small, but it still amounts to something compared to what you mentioned.
    That area is phased and empty because of WoD...and we don't know if the citizens are still alive or not after the invasion of the Iron Horde.
    You have to go back in time via Bronze Dragonflight npc everytime you want to see Surwich 'alive' :/

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    But don't they now live in Teldr.... ooooooh, I see.
    Well, I mean, Teldrassil was only their home for like 10 years ( Night Elves )

They mostly lived in Ashenvale, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    I did read it, but I mean it is kinda weird to go ''nobody else has no lands if you exclude these people who have no lands'' like the Horde will dominate all of Kalimdor, which includes all night elf territory outside of the soon-to-be-gone Teldrassil. Same goes for the Forsaken but with the Alliance being the aggressor

It would be nice to give the Gilneans an actual zone, but I can't see Blizz spending dev time on it
    The Forsaken will continue to have Hillsbrad and Silverpine, Blizz already confirmed that. So (I guess) Night Elves will have the same amount of teritorry in Kalmidor as well.
    Unfortunately I agree. Gilneas is probably doomed. Way to many years passed with absolutely zero progress on this matter. And here I sit and see the love Kul Tiras got and I'm being so jealous as a Gilneas fan.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Meanwhile, the Gnomes still struggle to regain Gnomeregan after all these years.
    Technically the Worgen aren't homeless -they no longer have a homeland to return to. Not safely anyways. They're like refugees that willingly chose to live with hippies. I'm not quite sure which is worse...
    Lorewise, Gnomes have retaken Gnomeregan, for the most part at least, as they've killed Thermaplugg (this time for real) and secured all halls of the city.

But yeah, it would be nice if gnomes got some nice screen time too in a patch >.>

- - - Updated - - -

The Forsaken will continue to have Hillsbrad and Silverpine, Blizz already confirmed that. So (I guess) Night Elves will have the same amount of teritorry in Kalmidor as well.
    Unfortunately I agree. Gilneas is probably doomed. Way to many years passed with absolutely zero progress on this matter. And here I sit and see the love Kul Tiras got and I'm being so jealous as a Gilneas fan.
    Did they, could you please source that? (not that I don't trust you, I might've missed this Statement).

Because I am pretty sure that at Blizzcon they clearly said that the Alliance is conquering the entirety of EK except for Quel'Thalas (you Can also see in their Trailers that hillsbard and silverpine are becoming "blue"), but Forsaken Players will still have the same game experience (same as Alliance, they will still be able to go to Teldrassil).

Maybe there will be there some Forsaken encampments left (and not the entire zones), but then they are as still as homeless as the Worgen are currently.

Well, you answered our own question. They're not the only race that's literally homeless anymore!

But otherwise, yeah, Blizzard essentially admitted they basically got so wrapped up focusing on the goblin experience in Cata that they got short on time and the worgen basically got the shaft. I don't expect them to reclaim Gilneas, just as the Alliance never actually got non-neutral Dalaran in MoP.

With both their true home and their temporary home destroyed, the wolves should embrace a nomadic life now.
    They didn’t get the shaft, they got a stump...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    What about Gnomes?
    In lore Gnomes have taken back Gnomeregan we just haven't seen it in game. There was the pre-cata event that had the gnomes take it back, There was a short story staring the gnome leader, as well as the starting location which kind of explains them in the process of taking it back.

They do have that town (forgot its name) right outside of Gnomeregan. So thats probably where they live right now in game.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Ah my bad. I just got that all-red pic of Kalimdor stuck in my head I guess

Yeah it is sad. When Gilneas was introduced it was immediately turned into a nuclear wasteland and not touched ever again lol. With things heating up in Lordaeron, who knows what might happen to Genn's kingdom however

- - - Updated - - -

Ah my bad. I just got that all-red pic of Kalimdor stuck in my head I guess

Yeah it is sad. When Gilneas was introduced it was immediately turned into a nuclear wasteland and not touched ever again lol. With things heating up in Lordaeron, who knows what might happen to Genn's kingdom however

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    In lore Gnomes have taken back Gnomeregan we just haven't seen it in game. There was the pre-cata event that had the gnomes take it back, There was a short story staring the gnome leader, as well as the starting location which kind of explains them in the process of taking it back.

They do have that town (forgot its name) right outside of Gnomeregan. So thats probably where they live right now in game.
    Lorewise, they only reclaimed the surface and possibly an upper area. They're still actively trying to reclaim it fully. I think the town (really more a collection of tents held over from the staging to reclaim) is New Tinker Town?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lorewise, they only reclaimed the surface and possibly an upper area. They're still actively trying to reclaim it fully. I think the town (really more a collection of tents held over from the staging to reclaim) is New Tinker Town?
    and all this was in Cataclysm, by now they must have reclaimed the city right? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    and all this was in Cataclysm, by now they must have reclaimed the city right? :P
    Nothing has been stated in any books, stories, short stories, or in game since Cataclsym that I recall. So the best we can say with certainty is "answer unclear, ask again later" I think.

Unless the scenario with SAFE is the completion of reclamation?

They do need to do something with Gilneas. It is a very nicely made zone, but after the Worgen starting zone quests and a tiny bit of Forsaken quests from Silverpine Forest, the zone is empty. And I don't mean of players, I mean of everything. Below the small Forsaken questing hub in the north there is nothing in the zone because its all phased out for anyone else entering the zone. An Alliance player flies in to Gilneas and will find nothing. No NPCs, no mobs, no critters. Nothing. The zone is totally dead and that's not a good thing.

It should have at least some use, if only for people going there to farm pets, or copper, or whatever....but there is nothing there. Only the goblin starting zones get less use, but you can't get to them normally anyway (until BfA and Kazan gets to be a dungeon). But Horde players can do quests and stuff in around Silvermoon, and they can run around the Exodar and those areas, they are populated. And the Alliance players can to the opposite. When doing the Void Elf quest chain, I was surprised we were actually in the real Ghostlands, and not some phased scenario thing, because there were Horde players leveling out there (which was surprising, because that zone is usually dead anyway). The zone has a use and both sides can do stuff there. But Gilneas? It is barren outside of phased content. It has no function after you finish the quests. And if you are a player that can't do any of those quest (any Alliance that is not a Worgen) the zone has nothing, at all, in it.

So Blizzard. Do something with this zone. Please. It is a great looking place, but it is just sitting there now, with almost no function. Put some World Quests or something out there for BfA. Worgen and Forseken rep stuff or faction war effort rep, whatever...just use it. Populate it. Make it have a function again.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-02-12 at 09:40 PM.

Surwich. More of a "home" than Telogrus and the outside area of Gnomeregan.
    There's also Raven Hill, and then a bunch of towns which are not Gilnean, but have more worgen in them than anything else. There was one in Desolace and one in Felwood, I think.

Night Elves - Darnassus
    Should we tell him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You really managed to make Gilneans "homeless" for losing Darnassus but did consider Darnassus as the Night Elf capital. Lol

While I wouldn't go as far to say Gilneans will have a reliable home in BfA, Gilneas seems to be effectively reclaimed by the time Lordaeron is sieged.

The only "homeless" races right now are Forsaken and Night Elves, especially Night Elves since the Teldrassil damage looks, uhm, quite irreversible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    That area is phased and empty because of WoD...and we don't know if the citizens are still alive or not after the invasion of the Iron Horde.
    You have to go back in time via Bronze Dragonflight npc everytime you want to see Surwich 'alive' :/
    ROFL. IIRC Surwitch had like 2 or 3 NPC at all. Hard to call it "alive".

Quote Originally Posted by Brannax View Post
    What about Surwich in the Blasted Lands? That is a small Gilnean settlement. Emphasis on small, but it still amounts to something compared to what you mentioned.
    Raided by Iron Horde.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Worgen have been staying in Darnassus actually. My guess is after Darnassus is destroyed they'll move to Stormwind full time since Genn is there unless Blizz plans to give them back Gilneas or even build something on top of Lordaeron.

Darkspear Trolls are kinda homeless. Just some huts. I also wouldn't call what Gnomes have outside of Gnomeregan a home.

This is why the Goblins are awesome. In the same expansion that they are introduced to the horde, they construct an awesome town with a massive cannon on it, build up a ton of siege weapons and somehow manage to multiple way past the 20 or so that could have possibly survived on that island. xD

The Wargen I believe built a single town by the dark portal and they now just live among other races. The High Elves have been more productive in the Alliance than the worgen xD