Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    The last nail in the coffin will be that they turn sylvanas pure evil and make her a raidboss, that's when I'll say bye.
    To be honest, I'll be just as happy killing her as I was killing Garrosh. Maybe more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    horde strikes first again. sylvanas burned teldrasill because she wanted to capture kalimdor under a horde empire. saurufang vs sylvanas also inc. fuck you blizzard. mop all over again.
    Teldrassil happening before Undercity has been known since Blizzcon. However, what happens before both, as has been mentioned 5 kirdillion times in this thread, is the Alliance aggression in Silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I've sort of given up on any lore being salvaged by the current WoW writers and their insistence on letting terrible authors doing the writing for them for out of game storytelling. Oftentimes it feels like the characters inside the game are completely different versions of the ones shown in pretty much all of the books so far by Ms. Golden or Knaack who thankfully hasn't written anything for WoW for a while.
    Define "current".

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    you would have thought with golden helping with lore it would be somewhat less stupid but turns out the went further into the rabbit hole of stupid.
    Why tho? War Crimes is her doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'm sorry but it's becoming clearer and clearer that it was the horde that ONCE AGAIN initiated the conflict. The more we find out the more I don't fucking want to play BfA.
    The last nail in the coffin will be that they turn sylvanas pure evil and make her a raidboss, that's when I'll say bye.

Those morons over at blizz hq are just purposefully pushing the horde vs alliance conflict when people are tired of it.
    Clearer? Sylvanas said that herself with those quotes. Lol...

But surely the horde didn't do anything wrong ... haha ... congrats on being the evil force that is commiting war crime after warcrime.

While I do NOT find it a surprise that it turned out Sylvanas was being aggressive and might clash with Saurfang, I'd say that this new datamined text portrayed her a little bit less intelligent than I expected. This is one who understood that she might be challenged if she misstepped, and knew to act accordingly to that. Flat out insulting Saurfang's idea of a honorable death, mocking him with raising his body or "saying hello to your son" seems a lot more like Garrosh's idea of playing politic than someone who lived in a civilized society for a long time. Unless Saurfang did something that greatly upset her, this sounds like Sylvanas is moving towards what she considered "the abrasiveness that so often characterized orc-leadership".

At least, she did realize that her decisions might not be viewed in a positive light by others, but she considered it necessary for the greater good of the Horde. Now, the question is, will other leaders of the Horde also share that point of view until end of this expansion?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-02-14 at 12:19 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Sylvanas was always pure evil, did you play cata, even garrosh didnt like her
    Garrosh didn't like anything that wasn't an Orc.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how they were bending over backwards and pretending an order is the same thing as performed action, they aren't exactly an authority on anything. I mean, by your standards, sure. By anything above your standards, lel no. Alliance is sent there to blow shit up in the Horde camp the moment Alliance player sets foot in Silithus. That's an attack. That you're ordered to perform by the quest giver higher-up. Before the Alliance even finds out what the Horde is planning to do with the Azerite.

You don't need to kill anyone for there to be an attack. If someone hits you in the face with a baseball bat, are you not being attacked? Blowing up Horde's shredders is already an attack.
    I meant the orders the Alliance gets aren't specifically to kill Horde(although they should have been). The orders are to disrupt Horde activity. Yes it's an attack. However that reply was to someone claiming Anduin specifically ordered the death of the Goblin miners.

I'd assume the Horde expected to be left alone in their own outposts. Something something property rights.

Given how the discussion is about in-lore perspective, stop bringing up irrelevant shit.

The Horde assumed to be left alone by their sworn enemies? You constantly spazz out about how the Alliance started hostilities in the Barrens during Cata, don't you think the Horde would anticipate similar attacks? Do you understand what a sworn enemy is?

This is a discussion about LORE. Before the storm preview is canon lore. The discussion doesn't have to be in-game perspectives only. This isnt some RP only bullshit.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Clearer? Sylvanas said that herself with those quotes. Lol...

But surely the horde didn't do anything wrong ... haha ... congrats on being the evil force that is commiting war crime after warcrime.
    Words aren't actions. They also don't alter the timeline in which the Alliance attacks the Horde in Silithus before Teldrassil happens. And what war crime after war crime? Look at all dem treaties defining war crimes on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    horde strikes first again. sylvanas burned teldrasill because she wanted to capture kalimdor under a horde empire. saurufang vs sylvanas also inc. fuck you blizzard. mop all over again.
    Why? Say what you will about Sylvanas when it comes to morality but her reasoning is diametrically opposed to Garrosh's: Garrosh would have been more than content if the whole Horde would have died as long they did it with "pride" and "honorably"; Sylvanas is forsaking the concept altogether.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-02-14 at 12:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Hmm, as unrealistic as it is, I sort of like the idea of a Saurfang disillusioned with the Horde leading a band of Mag'har/AU Orcs to the Alliance as a new allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Hmm, as unrealistic as it is, I sort of like the idea of a Saurfang disillusioned with the Horde leading a band of Mag'har/AU Orcs to the Alliance as a new allied race.
    Ridiculous. It will be an Allied Race to help coup Sylvanas on the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    While I do NOT find it a surprise that it turned out Sylvanas was being aggressive and might clash with Saurfang, I'd say that this new datamined text portrayed her a little bit less intelligent than I expected. This is one who understood that she might be challenged if she misstepped, and knew to act accordingly to that. Flat out insulting Saurfang's idea of a honorable death, mocking him with raising his body or "saying hello to your son" seems a lot more like Garrosh's idea of playing politic than someone who lived in a civilized society for a long time. Unless Saurfang did something that greatly upset her, this sounds like Sylvanas is moving towards what she considered "the abrasiveness that so often characterized orc-leadership".
    Judging by the other quotes on wowhead, she says that during the siege of Undercity and Saurfang wants to pull a Broxigar and have his honorable death or do something else stupid in the name of honor.

the only saving grace of that dialogue is they want to take the stupid tree not burn it. so something happens(something something azurite)

sigh. Can we have thrall back as Warchief?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Words aren't actions. They also don't alter the timeline in which the Alliance attacks the Horde in Silithus before Teldrassil happens. And what war crime after war crime? Look at all dem treaties defining war crimes on Azeroth.
    Haha... yeah keep telling that to yourself ... maybe you believe it yourself one day.

Is that the last straw you hold?

Sylvanas pulled off a Perl Harbor on Teldrassil, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    the only saving grace of that dialogue is they want to take the stupid tree not burn it. so something happens(something something azurite)

sigh. Can we have thrall back as Warchief?

Probably underestimating Malfurions power and leaving Sylvanas with nothing left but using Azerit on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the other quotes on wowhead, she says that during the siege of Undercity and Saurfang wants to pull a Broxigar and have his honorable death or do something else stupid in the name of honor.
    I really dislike Sylvanas now due to the ping-ponging of her character and goals but she does have a point in a way. Orcs would be happy throwing their life away in the name of glory but she in her own bitchy way is telling him that he's taking his life for granted under the guise of honor.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Remember the Dancing Troll village? The Shatterspear tribe, pointy-ears?
    It's payback time.

By the ancestors, the fountain of Alliance paladins tears and salt and rage all over the Internet now - on Wowhead, Twitter, now here... She should have burnt it twice, for the sake of it.

Why? Say what you will about Sylvanas when it comes to morality but her reasoning is diametrically opposed to Garrosh's: Garrosh would have been more than content if the whole Horde would have died as long they did with "pride" and "honorably"; Sylvanas is forsaking the concept altogether.
    This. She's not an idiotic self-centered racist either. I didn't like her undead elitism in previous xpacs but now she really got better. She cares for the whole Horde genuinely. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    That's never gonna happen, it'll start one of the greatest shitstorms WoW has ever seen if it happened. While it would be extremely entertaining it'd also be screwing the horde over extremely hard, the most iconic race they have being given to the alliance in addition to their most popular race (blood elves)

Blizzard are experts in stupidity and mediocre storytelling but that is one step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Atalai View Post
    This. She's not an idiotic self-centered racist either. I didn't like her undead elitism in previous xpacs but now she really got better. She cares for the whole Horde genuinely. We'll see how it goes.
    I'll believe it when I see it and see the actions reflected in game, until then I'd rather drop kick her off the face of the earth than accept she's turned a leaf.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2018-02-14 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Why? Say what you will about Sylvanas when it comes to morality but her reasoning is diametrically opposed to Garrosh's: Garrosh would have been more than content if the whole Horde would have died as long they did it with "pride" and "honorably"; Sylvanas is forsaking the concept altogether.
    The reasoning is not the same, but the pattern seems to be. Insert ruthless Warchief in the Horde clumsily, Warchief jumps into a war, does ruthless things that are questioned by their underlings, Warchief reacts badly to be being questioned, underlings turn on Warchief, roll credits for the Horde. Sylvanas isn't a raging racist, but taunting Saurfang about his son is barely better.

Of course we won't 100% know what happens until it actually happens, but Blizzard is nothing if not predictable. I had hoped for the Horde to not be the aggressors this time, seems like these hopes will be dashed across the face of the reality that the faction war is really Blizzard writing the same plot, with variants, again and again.

I'd also have liked a war at least partly based on good reasons, not ''hurr durr let's trigger a war to control Kalimdor even if two of our member races aren't based in Kalimdor and our enemy is more than perfectly able to attack us across the sea as it is, nevermind what will happen when they also get their hands on Azerite''.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    That's never gonna happen, it'll start one of the greatest shitstorms WoW has ever seen if it happened. While it would be extremely entertaining it'd also be screwing the horde over extremely hard, the most iconic race they have been given the alliance in addition to their most popular race (blood elves)

Blizzard are experts in stupidity and mediocre storytelling but that is one step too far.
    You're right, of course, but the shitstorm and oceans of salt would just be so beautiful.

Deleted
    Remember the Dancing Troll village? The Shatterspear tribe, pointy-ears?
    It's payback time.

By the ancestors, the fountain of Alliance paladins tears and salt and rage all over the Internet now - on Wowhead, Twitter, now here... She should have burnt it twice, for the sake of it.

Really? She threatens Saurfang with raising him and his son as an Undead... she cares for herself, for nothing more. She is totally terrified of dying and will sacrifice the Horde and the entire world to safe herself.

"Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar.
    Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable, but to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us.
    So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
    Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son."

So yeah ...
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2018-02-14 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any, but that didn't stop them from slapping Garrosh with ex post facto laws in kangaroo court (Kind of like the irl equivalent). If the Horde loses again, we're going to have to deal with victor's justice "War Crimes."

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Sylvanas isn't a raging racist, but taunting Saurfang about his son is barely better.
    Why is racism apparently the biggest heresy in Warcraft?

For her part, she did not have much interested in the Horde as a whole, although she took great pains never to let her true feelings show.
    One of the orc guards of the hold obeyed and stood at attention, his green face unreadable. "Warchief," he said, "it is time. Your people await you."

Your people. No. Her people were back in the Undercity
    --"Before the Storm"

Try again.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2018-02-14 at 12:39 AM.