Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, skill wise, Im sure I could do it with no problem. I was running Ulduar hard modes and LK heroic and finished it much before next raid came out.
    These days I just dont want to do it anymore, when I hear stories about 500 wipes, it pulls out all the will from me. Not to mention how many hours are needed to put in it.
    Also, finding a guild capable of finishing raid in reasonable time is not an easy task, considering demands they have about previous raiding history.

So, what are your reasons?
    No time, no interest. I was a progress raider once, but it burnt me out. I like to play this game for fun and entertainment. Wiping on bosses for hours/days just to beat an other difficulty is not fun for me. I'm completely fine with AOTC, which can be done with either 15 or 25 ppl.

Also, I have a full time job with deadlines and schedule, I don't want to do the same with a game that I use to turn my barin off for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, skill wise, Im sure I could do it with no problem. I was running Ulduar hard modes and LK heroic and finished it much before next raid came out.
    These days I just dont want to do it anymore, when I hear stories about 500 wipes, it pulls out all the will from me. Not to mention how many hours are needed to put in it.
    Also, finding a guild capable of finishing raid in reasonable time is not an easy task, considering demands they have about previous raiding history.

So, what are your reasons?
    wiping is not fun anymore. 20 man is not fun , prefered 10 man .

i miss the social aspect of raiding a lot , i miss the feeling of group doing something together but tbh i didnt have fun raiding since they removed 10 mans so i stopped doin anything more then lfr. cba to be just 1 person in huge crowd much more prefered tight knit groups thats why atm FF14 is my main mmorpg , wow is just there because i used 32 tokens when they came out, soon its coming to end and so is my sub - not worth it anymore will just be returnng on launch and when lfr is fully open in each tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite simply, I don't have the time or patience required for Mythic progression. Also, I know this isn't true of the majority of Mythic raiders, but I've seen Mythic bring out the worst in some folks, and I just don't need that in my life when I'm logging on to have some fun and relaxation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time commitment+lack of stuff you get for it, and im fine with that.
    i want to heroic raid max, that has the mount, and im glad it doesent take as long.
    i am good, i dont need 4 weeks of wiping on a boss, im fine with a raid coming out and 2 months later farming it every week. i dont want weeks and weeks and weeks of progression per boss...

maybe 13 years of playing hardcore is enough
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

To do progression raiding requires you to become involved with a guild and subject yourself to guild drama. I really just can't be bothered anymore, I'm happy to do the raids once or twice in LFR and just stick to the parts of the game I still enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Several reasons.
    #1 I dislike recent raidboss design (recent as in starting from Cata ). They went completely arcade, way too much moving around avoiding shit. Also way too many mechanisms to learn.
    #2 I'm fairly burnt out on the game, I no longer have motivation to learn the encounters and farm bosses.
    #3 kind of hard to neglect IRL duties for the game

Deleted
    Mostly due to the fact that there aren't any 1-night per week Mythic guilds (at least in my realm) because i don't want to spend more time on Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only problem of M raids is
    1) realm restriction
    2) the only save. Imposible to switch ppl or join to other group.

Otherwise progress like 8/11M not a real problem for average pug.

It requires commitment to a guild and too much time. Heroics can easily be pugged, im happy doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the wiping on progression (as long as there's actual progression and not slamming your face against the wall 500 times and expect different results), it pretty much all comes down to one thing; time.

During vanilla/tbc all I did was work, sleep and play WoW. Things change with a wife and kids. Even a 2-day raid schedule would be difficult to do.

Maybe, just maybe, if Mythic was a static 10man setup then I'd go raid again with some fridaynight guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Same boat you, raided lk hc and hard modes etc.

The problem we have right now is, we have a solid 15 people for raiding, our lowest member is 948 but he's been inactive for a over a month due to rl. But our server is low population I just can't find the people to make it to 20 man. Thats even taking into account shit geared people to invest in.

It's a shame really, there's 33 guilds which have 11/11hc cleared. If we kill Worldbreaker on mythic that takes us straight to position 4, given we properly formed and started 5 weeks ago that's not bad
    We are 8/11 mythic and can't get more than 22 raiders, hard to get numbers in mid tier guilds too :/

Cant be bothered with what the majority of what Mythic guilds are/have become.

Mostly younger people that are not even good enough yet believe they are cause they finally got that kill 6 months after it was relevant.

No patience to wipe 200 times because Retard A, friend of retard GM, cant dodge Ability A while actually pulling his weight which most of the time they arent.

I prefer clearing HC easy-mode like, maybe wipe 2-5 times during "progress" at the "harder bosses" and mostly with IRL friends.

Would love to do the same with Mythic with as far as it can get us, but we arent 20

We did get Garothi down cause we went from 13 people averagely to 19 for a couple of weeks for Antorus, many friends of friends restarting
    Last edited by potis; 2018-02-14 at 11:59 AM.

I don't have a functional guild and I can't be bothered finding another.

It's the 20-man restriction for me. There's just too many guilds looking for members out there, even really good guilds. That, combined with players not having any sense of guild attachement anymore and jumping ship the second they get a "better" (in, more bosses killed) offer, results in an ever-changing roster or too few people to do mythic consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    We are 8/11 mythic and can't get more than 22 raiders, hard to get numbers in mid tier guilds too :/
    thats a fallcy though - its really easy to get numbers - but you dont want just "numbers" you lot want seasoned experienced already geared up recruits who preferably are on similiar progress to yours .

people cba to teach new people anymore , people cba to gear up new people anymore - you want perfeckly ready to just jump in and progress people.

not "numbers"

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats a fallcy though - its really easy to get numbers - but you dont want just "numbers" you lot want seasoned experienced already geared up recruits who preferably are on similiar progress to yours .

people cba to teach new people anymore , people cba to gear up new people anymore - you want perfeckly ready to just jump in and progress people.

not "numbers"
    People who want to raid mythic have the gear, you don't need to teach anyone anything with the journal & countless videos/written guides on every boss, if you expect to have your hand held, you don't want to mythic raid.

So yeah, finding players who have prepared to raid mythic in mid tier guild is hard.
    Last edited by xcitng; 2018-02-14 at 12:27 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time and schedule. If I didn't have a family and have to work for a living then sure, mythic raiding would be fine. With the time I do have, heroic provides a nice interesting challenge.

Non-flex doesn't suit our guild regime, where attendance due to IRL is very variable. We already combine with another guild post HC for those that want to go on and dabble into (the first few bosses of) M, but even then it often still needs pugging a few extra, which just isn't the same.

1. I don't have enough time to commit myself like i used to 10 years ago
    2. Heroic/Mythic is boring

I hate the heroic/mythic design. I loved WOTLK raiding. We did same bosses over and over again but with extra flavors. Hard Mode achievements were so much fun. Sartharion progress, Ulduar progress, hell even Naxx progress was fun. So many different things we could do for each boss.

Either bring back those "hard mode" back and make it the hardcore tier or tune the raids like they were in TBC. Doing the same shit over and over and over again is boring for me.

Because like a lot of old timers I am done with "serious" gameplay in WoW. It leads to nothing and it takes up a huge amount of your time.