Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Several reasons honestly.
    1. Work. I might be free for raid night but I might not. Raids mostly are scheduled for Wednesday 8 PM and in my timeline it’s 11 PM. If I’m free that night it’s still too late for 3 hours of playing. I need sleep.
    2. My guild is dead and so is the realm basically. Though if I move to another realm, time and work problem pops up.

So I run HCs with pugs every Wednesday afternoon.
    And now my main is 971ilvl and has practically nothing to loot in HC, except of Aman’Thul trinket.
    As for alts, I try to progress one and suddenly I see no reason to spend hours with alt.

Sometimes I don’t know why I am still playing this game since I’ve done endgame content already.
    Tons of gold, 25k achievements. Almost all rare titles.
    In think I should just wait dor BfA
    haha are you in a discussion with yourself here? :P You are always right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeleena View Post
    As someone here already mentioned, guild attachment is no more. Currently running a guild and keeping a 20 man raiding scene alive is like holding a vase with soapy hands. Whenever it feels like it's going alright finally, 2-3 people leave because they want to join a guild with a better progress. It's their choice of course but it would be so amazing if people valued guild atmosphere more over kill numbers.
    Second this!

Well I dont have the time nor desire to do whats required to do mythic raiding.

Also, I doubt im good enough these days for mythic raiding hehe.

Was never really interested in it, tbh. I like to follow the race, I like to watch it, but not DOING it myself.

In a way I would feel idiotic. Like a trained ape jumping through hoops the trainer set up for me, and in the end I'd get a piece of sugar for being a good ape.
    I'd feel ridiculous if I wasted any serious effort in it.

Simply said: I don't want to invest the time and energy needed for that. My EZPZ highschool years are over.
    Hardcore raiding is ridiculously time consuming.

Mythic+ is where it's at!
    Before it existed, wow was basically forcing you to hardcore raid, if you wanted to be challenged in the slightest...

Casual =/= Noob
    Casuals are the lifeblood of this game and they too want to be challenged.

Because it's not worth the time investment especially in Legion.

Also quite frankly Legion raids aside from Nighthold have sucked.

I mean there's more to it than that.

-There are just some days where I don't want to play WoW. This isn't 2005 where I'm able to dedicate like 13 hours a day to this game and full out neckbeard it. There's nothing in current day WoW that is even worth doing that for
    -Quite frankly a lot of people in these mythic guilds I've noticed either are horrible players but really nice people or 99th percentile players who have the personality and social grace of a brick
    -The content just isn't that interesting. I always chuckle at the fact that in WoD the only thing worth doing was raids and in Legion the thing least worth doing are the raids

Doing mythic ToS really drove home the notion that mythic raiding is shit in this game and that I really want nothing to do with showing up 3 nights a week to slog through horribly designed encounters every week for gear I end up sharding half the time because my M+ chest gave me better for less effort.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2018-02-14 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Hardcore raiding is ridiculously time consuming.
    I think this is a false notion, you may laugh but I raid Mythic BECAUSE I have RL and don't have time.

It may be amusing, but I am ilvl 971 mythic raider at 10/11 and all I need to have this is 2 raiding evenings + one M+15 weekly, a total of 7 hours a week. I don't even grind AP because it's pointless and it's completely fine with my guild - the only requirement - come to 2 raids we have per week and do one dungeon for guaranteed weekly chest piece.

And I literally do this for years now. No real alts no shit, just that, that's all WoW I do. Just recently power leveled alt to 110 for heritage, that's about it, this was like insanely concentrated WoW playing in years for me.

Because the guild I am in is unable to find 20+ people quite simply the recruitment is not really paying off. That being said I am just fine raiding heroic and I absolutely won’t leave my current which i’ve been in since 2009.

Realm is dead. All of the guilds that had serious intentions of raiding mythic transferred off.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to raid it for the gear, but honestly i got other options now that wont fall apart if 1-2 people decide to not show for a raid for whatever reason (used to raid with a really tight roster)

The problem stems with a 20 man roster locked to one server/group of servers. I think it would be a great idea if say you got 15 people from one server, then you can add up to 5 more from any server. This way you could keep a roster of 20-22 raiders and not have to a raid night if a couple of them happen to be on vacation or something.

This would also help out servers with low pop.

Our guild is too bad to even try Heroic, so we are happy to run Normal nowadays after couple months of zero raids. Also 5 of us joined a Heroic run the other day just to realize we cannot get any better loot there (except final boss trinkets & set pieces) thanks to Mythic+.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still raiding Mythic but I definitely understand why people don't. The level of commitment required is not for everyone. They could make it 10x more rewarding and it still wouldn't be worth it to most.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If loot keeps going the way it did in Legion I doubt we will anymore past Legion. Just isn't reward to time investment has just collapsed. 4-5 mythic+ and a normal/heroic runs a week nets you like 970 gear anymore. Why put head to desk 3 nights a week just for a chieve. I mean don't get me wrong I love the challenge and would choose to continue but if the guild doesn't I am not leaving my friends just so I can pretend to matter because of a video game or somethin.
    That's not at all how it works though? If you're progressing super hard and running splits at the start of a tier, which really doesn't apply to anyone except top guilds then you'll end up with some nice pieces from Heroic. Otherwise if you run Heroic each week you'll average 3~ pieces of approximately Mythic base ilevel gear for the entire tier. 1~ from Normal. Hardly game breaking. You'll get a free 960+ every week from running your +15. None of that invalidates Mythic raiding or makes it unrewarding if you can cut it in Mythic raiding.

Can't commit to a set raiding schedule because of other things I have going on. PUG everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    My work already takes 11 hours out of my day. Considering the amount of preparation for mythic raiding necessary if I don't want to end up taking from someone else's time, that could make WoW just a second job, and I really do not need that right now.
    11h per day? omg. If you aint millionaire you should consider moving to developed country man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewards are not worth the effort. Prestige is a four letter word and the few transmogs that are any good don't go anywhere. Finally mounts.. they haven't done a good one since HFC
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, skill wise, Im sure I could do it with no problem. I was running Ulduar hard modes and LK heroic and finished it much before next raid came out.
    These days I just dont want to do it anymore, when I hear stories about 500 wipes, it pulls out all the will from me. Not to mention how many hours are needed to put in it.
    Also, finding a guild capable of finishing raid in reasonable time is not an easy task, considering demands they have about previous raiding history.

So, what are your reasons?
    Three reasons:

Most importantly, I am just not interested. Fighting a scripted boss again and again and again is limited fun. I used to raid high-level, I know the thrills, etc, but in the long run it just isn't fun for me. It's not even that it is not "fun enough" as in, if there were no further issues and this and that, then I would have been doing mythic - no. Even if everything else was absolutely perfect, I wouldn't have raided high difficulties, because difficulties from scripted bosses are very limited fun.

Next, there are tons of cons from it being a long group activity. 50% of the time is spent waiting for others. 47.5% of the time is spent recovering from the mistakes of others. That's just math and it simply creates frustration by its nature. Sure, you toughen up through it and accept it and bla bla bla, but the fact that you have to do this while in other modes you wouldn't have to do this is huge.

Last, there are hard requirements for time and schedules. That's just a no go in any form. I grew out of this BS, thanks, nope, I am not going to do anything at all to adjust my life for the game, it is always going to be strictly the other way around, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    11h per day? omg. If you aint millionaire you should consider moving to developed country man.
    11 hours per day does not mean he works for 11 straight ours.
    I don't know the guy, maybe he really works 11h a day, but for example I'm busy everyday from 9AM to 20Pm. My turns are actually 9-13 and 15-19, but the time it takes me to get to and back from work, as well as the 2h lunch break, make me spend a full day on it.

Deleted
    Because the Majority of us are living in our own places with lives and jobs. It's just not feasible without giving up something that actually benefits life I'd give anything to be back at uni and not have a care in the world if i raid for 3+ hours

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've been a server first raider since bc. I did try to go casual in mop cause of work during soo, but good lord there's just nothing to do because there's like nothing to strive for

I'm 973 from heroic and M+. Not worth banging my head against a wall for weeks on one boss.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52