Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    cant be assed
    Exactly I have and always will be adamant that we should have 1 difficulty like in Wrath with possible Activated Hardmodes on certain bosses, like Ulduar. I don't want to raid the same exact bosses more than 1 time a week. If I want to do it again Ill go on an alt, not 4 3-4 times on the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    Because legion raids and class gameplay are so unbelievably bad.
    This.
    /10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like a lot of others here (and elsewhere, I'm sure), it's just not in the cards.
    Our raid group typically downs the first mythic boss of each tier while current, just for show, but none of us have the time to dedicate to it, and about half our group is not quite on the level needed to make true progression through mythic anyway.
    But we are a solid group, most are RL friends, and raiding is the thing we do Sun/Mon for fun, while maybe only throwing on our serious pants here and there.

Deleted
    I just don't want to any more it's hard to explain I did it for so long and considered that to be the zenith of achievement then one day after yet another guild split due to toxic elite personality's and a recruitment issue between raid tiers I'd just had enough. I now do heroic only and do m+ where I get equivalent gear any way so there no incentive to go back to mythic.

I also really want to get into proper competitive pvp rated arena and rated bgs but pvp guilds seem rare with most people having a small pool of friends or pug it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I like my heroic guild on an RP realm too much. We don't have enough people to start mythic, nor do we realistically have the skill to finish it (with a few exceptions) if we did start it.
    I'm entirely in the same position, I feel like im capable of performing on Mythic levels, but i'm pretty much content with where i'm at atm. The guild im in has some spectacular players but not everyone is up to par, and not everyone is on the same server even. And even with that, we don't have enough. We will likely do Mythic when it becomes cross server, as it'll be easier to recruit people at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So basically you have guildmates that are either neglecting their job or their family for Dem mythic pixels?

Work 12 hrs +8 sleep hrs+ 3 hrs(at least?) to raid= 23 hours out of 24 you are not spending with you're wife or kids? Kudos I guess. Of course one is CAPABLE of doing so, but at what cost?
    Because 6-8 hrs a week for a hobby is too much? There's 168 hrs in a week, the average person spends 40 of that working, so 128. Most people spend 6-8 hours sleeping, it depends on person, so lets go with 7, 49 hrs a week sleeping brings that to 79 hours. Let's say it takes you 2 hours in getting ready for/transit to and from work every day, that's anther 10 hrs, so 69. Shopping etc probably adds up to another 3-4 so lets just count 4, 65 hours.

If you raid for 8 hrs a week that's still 55 hours a week to do whatever the hell you want. The average adult aged 35-49 watches THIRTY THREE hours of tv a week, cut some of that out and you have more then enough time to raid.

Better yet, make it a family affair, we have at LEAST 4 couples who raid together.

several reasons together make it not attractive:
    rewards aren't worth the time/schedule requirement. Even before antorus is release i pretty much cant get upgrades from mythic antorus unless they titanforge
    20 man roster requirement both makes the guild clique, solitary and tedious (as a recruitment officer) prefer 10 man format for many reasons.
    The idea that farming for BIS is impossible, since TF is so random. BIS was a previous attainable goal one could set for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    "Lives and jobs" is not really a valid excuse on it's own. We have people who raid with us who work 8-12 hrs a day (pharmacists), have kids (a couple actually), many married with their own homes. Our average raider is in the mid 30s with people in their 50s, they find time cause they enjoy the game. But we've also had people quit in the past because of burnout or work shift changes (it can be hard if you don't work days).

You either A) don't really want to so therefore don't see a reason to make time for it, or B) work during odd hours and therefore find it hard to find guilds who raid during your off times. Both of these are valid and respectable excuses, but "lives and jobs" is not.
    Congrats on wanting to be some geek who spends all your free time hunched over a computer all the time I guess

Same instances for two years? No thanks. I will do a boss or two in Mythic, but our raiders change out often because of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Congrats on wanting to be some geek who spends all your free time hunched over a computer all the time I guess
    As opposed to what? Watching tv 33 hrs a week? People do what they enjoy. If someone likes hiking you going to tell them "congrats on wanting to be some nature freak you spends all your free time out in nature hugging trees I guess"
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-02-14 at 07:08 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's 20-man.
    It takes too much time to get the gear needed to defeat the final boss. It takes too much time overall.

My brother started Mythic-Raiding in MoP-WoD's End, at the same time that I stopped. I managed to finish Pikimin 3, Witcher 3, Azure Strike: Gunvolt, Hollow Knight and lots of other games while he wiped on Gorefiend M because some crackpots on his teams couldn't handle the mechanics.

The investiment into Mythic Raiding is stupid for it's rewards. They could increase those rewards forever and it still would not be worth it, unless they paid people a sallary for mythic raiding.

Don't want to join a half-assed Mythic guild that can't clear the content in a decent time or without doing 4 nights a week of raiding.

Also don't want to play the fotm classes, do split runs, have Mythic raid ready alt characters to be in the top guilds that can clear the content decently quick.

Instead, I'm content with clearing heroic quickly, then farming it and having fun in raids, bringing in alts, etc.
    M+ is also there to push harder content with fewer people and is an endless 940 loot pinata with potential for better.

classes are too pruned down to enjoy anymore.
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah because raiding mythic is only 6-8 hours a week. Total. Not a minute more no. No preparation or outside play of those raids at all nope. If the SO raids too then that's obviously a diff story, but we both know that is not the common case. Don't care about your whataboutism persay, but the TV watching is just as bad a neglect as raiding when it comes to your SO or kids(assuming you aren't doing it with them). And I actually left out any commute time in my other post which leaves your buddies with even less than 1 hour with their families on "raid nights" nevermind all the other stuff they do on wow on no raid nights.
    Your average mythic guild doesn't require all the extra outside crap. Even if you do emissaries every week that's only another hour, you're not neglecting anything, and not everyone raids and works the same day.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    "Lives and jobs" is not really a valid excuse on it's own. We have people who raid with us who work 8-12 hrs a day (pharmacists), have kids (a couple actually), many married with their own homes. Our average raider is in the mid 30s with people in their 50s, they find time cause they enjoy the game. But we've also had people quit in the past because of burnout or work shift changes (it can be hard if you don't work days).

You either A) don't really want to so therefore don't see a reason to make time for it, or B) work during odd hours and therefore find it hard to find guilds who raid during your off times. Both of these are valid and respectable excuses, but "lives and jobs" is not.
    I don't think i have ever seen so much BS in one post before

I must say gz to you sir (Or should i say boy)
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    We are 8/11 mythic and can't get more than 22 raiders, hard to get numbers in mid tier guilds too :/
    Yea it is,

Tbh we're not expecting more than 2 or 3 out of 11, we're really laid back easy going HC raiders atm. We thought we'd be able to get a few people in that would be up for giving it a go but not wanting to fully commit, but we're finding three types of people

1) Socials no raiding at all barley keystones
    2) HC only raiders with no interest in trying further
    3) LFR raiders only.

I mean we're literally offering to run 810s straight into argus normal hc and high stones to bring them up to speed and no bites. Yet all other mythic guilds we run into seem to shit on new players and refuse to even give a minute of their time up to help new members xD
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I don't think i have ever seen so much BS in one post before

I must say gz to you sir (Or should i say boy)
    There is seriously zero BS there, people who say they don't have time to raid, either don't care to make time, or have such messy schedules it's impossible to match times (swing shifts etc).

If you work a standard weekday job with locked hours and normal OT you have plenty of time to raid if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    First and foremost because my raid is a roster of like 11 friends that I've raided with for years and years. I have no desire to join another guild, and recruiting is hard enough just for heroic. If mythic was cross-server, I'd maybe consider finding a casual mythic group to poke around with like I did for HFC, but that would be in addition to my primary raid - not instead of.

Realistically, my primary raid also just wouldn't have the ability to clear the place on mythic even if roster size wasn't an issue. We're a fairly casual group of varying skill. Some of the raid wouldn't have a problem in mythic raiding but some of the group definitely would.

In the past, when we could do hardmodes in the same raid size we were doing regular raids, we would usually get some of them down before the end of the tier but never a full clear. Weve had all but the final boss dead a few times (always in the end of the expac tiers that last forever), but most of them it was more like half the bosses. We're older and even more casual now, so I can't imagine we'd do any better.

Siege of Orgrimmar is the only raid I've personally ever killed everything in mythic on while it was current content, and that was only because I did mythic Garrosh with a PuG at the end of the expac.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

We raid 1 night a week Mythic, have killed the first 2 and are working on the 3rd. Pretty perfect if you ask me. We clear HC, and then do 1 night of mythics.

We aren't hardcore or anything, but it's a challenge and we all have fun doing it.

I feel most guilds are not like ours.

Form what I've seen (just fine with doing HC myself, and a few M early bosses long after progression):
    Mythic (just Mythic, not talking Top100 here) doesn't seem to take more time than HC, just committing to fixed time and strict attendance.
    Most people I know are comfortable with the progress pace of HC, but the moment progressing the next boss takes more than a single raid night, let alone two, a lot of the raiders are getting bored and want to trow in the towel.