Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because 6-8 hrs a week for a hobby is too much? There's 168 hrs in a week, the average person spends 40 of that working, so 128. Most people spend 6-8 hours sleeping, it depends on person, so lets go with 7, 49 hrs a week sleeping brings that to 79 hours. Let's say it takes you 2 hours in getting ready for/transit to and from work every day, that's anther 10 hrs, so 69. Shopping etc probably adds up to another 3-4 so lets just count 4, 65 hours.

If you raid for 8 hrs a week that's still 55 hours a week to do whatever the hell you want. The average adult aged 35-49 watches THIRTY THREE hours of tv a week, cut some of that out and you have more then enough time to raid.

Better yet, make it a family affair, we have at LEAST 4 couples who raid together.
    Who the fuck are you to police how others spend their time? Most of these people don't want to raid mythic. You do. No one here has to justify themselves to you.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Who the fuck are you to police how others spend their time? Most of these people don't want to raid mythic. You do. No one here has to justify themselves to you.
    I'm not "policing" anyone's time. But "life and job" is not a valid excuse if you WANT to raid, on its own anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm not "policing" anyone's time. But "life and job" is not a valid excuse...
    Self-awareness. Get some.

It isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Indus Siebenschraube View Post
    We don't have enough people for a heroic group even, but I enjoy doing it with cool people more than with new strangers and our group is really...different, let's put it that way.
    Also, personally, I don't have that time and ambition. In the free time I have, which is limited because of University, I want to play what I want, so I have many games. Right now I'm playing Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, HotS and Planet Coaster, and I also have to prepare Pen & Paper every week, so...nope. If I don't want to play, then I don't play for a week. And it's like that in our whole guild, but we have maximum fun when we do raid! Best trade ever!
    So...skillwise it would be possible, we are always better than our random queue players in terms of DPS and raid mechanic knowledge, but that doesn't work for a group of 4-10 people.
    Shit, all I can remember about College is playing WOW every day for at least 4-6 hours. Now that I am graduated with a Job, Wife, and Kids I have no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Self-awareness. Get some.
    If you WANT to raid and don't work a really weird schedule you can make time to raid, it's not that hard.

Mostly because I dont feel that adding 1 mechanic more makes the boss worth doing on another difficulty. I've done my days of insane hardcore progression/attempting for world firsts... all the way from 4H in Naxx, Muru the guild breaker, Heroic Anub (god I fucking HATE that fight as a tank) etc and so on... I kinda gave up the special snowflake race around mid-Cata, in large part due to having a baby. Imo there just isnt the difficulty anymore (raids cleared on mythic in a matter of weeks, heroic in a matter of hours) to justify participating in something to get +15 ilvls for, when I can get the same thing, with less effort, with 4 other people I can count on in other ways.

7+ Year Old Account
    I use to raid Mythic at the start of Legion (and would very much like to raid Mythic again) but due to my guild raid days/times it took a huge toll on my studies so I stepped down to only raiding heroic on farm nights.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The rewards aren't worth it to me and I don't want to commit to a raid schedule anymore. Once I have full heroic gear plus M+ gear I can't be bothered to run the same content any longer especially on a harder difficulty. Running heroic over and over for a chance at TF versions of the same gear I have is not worth the time and since I'm not raiding mythic I don't need better gear. Being 962-967 (depending on gear set up) is fine with me.

People claiming raiding mythic takes too much time are full of shit. I raided some mythic in the last 2 expansions and didn't raid anymore or any less than I was when I didn't raid mythic. The average mythic guild doesn't require you to do split runs and play fotm classes. My guild only raided 2 nights a week and still managed to clear mythic content.

Mostly because of stress. I have a severe case of eczema and stress tends to make it worse. Rather just enjoy the lower difficulties than stress myself out and go into an itching craze.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players need to learn, and they aren't going to do that from google.
    They need real experience, and being knocked down on their ass, and getting back up again.
    Don't deny them that chance to make mistakes and learn from them.

Not in the mythic frame of mind. Too much effort and have a lot on my plate already.

I'm someone who raided Kara-BT in BC (poked at Sunwell, but guild wasn't prepared for it), and Heroic T7-T11 (Mythic equivalent at the time).

Honestly I really don't want to go HAM on Mythics these days for several reasons:
    1) Not enough consistent people in guild raids. We can have anywhere between 10 and 25 people showing up for raid, sometimes they need to come late and sometimes they need to drop early. Maintaining exactly 20 people is just not an option. As much as I would like to raid mythic, I need that flexibility in schedule.

2) Way more prep is required. With normal and heroics I can usually skim the Dungeon Journal to get a grasp on the fight and just need to listen to the raid leader for position and potentially priority kill order. If doing Mythic then I will need to watch videos of the fight and really know it in an out. There will also likely be more instances of talent swapping per boss, and I'll need to keep track of which are optimal, and more necessary consumable usage (I usually only save pots for when we need a DPS push).

3) Guild officers don't want to play class tetris. They're busy and just don't want the extra work on top of everything else. If I want to push mythics then I would have to go somewhere else, and I like my guild too much to /gquit.

4) I'm exhausted at the end of the day. I only raid after everything else is taken care of: Work, Family, Food, Bathing, etc. and this means that I'm going in pretty tired. Mythic requires much more attention and focus, and screwing up doesn't just harm me it could cause a wipe on certain bosses.

5) Skill depreciation. I'm getting older, and I don't seem to be as agile as I once was. Maybe its just related to #4 or maybe practice will build my skill up again, but either way I'm not in any shape to seriously push Mythic and I don't want to handicap a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    11 hours per day does not mean he works for 11 straight ours.
    I don't know the guy, maybe he really works 11h a day, but for example I'm busy everyday from 9AM to 20Pm. My turns are actually 9-13 and 15-19, but the time it takes me to get to and back from work, as well as the 2h lunch break, make me spend a full day on it.
    If you work 11h per day, 5 times per week I pity you so much. Unless if your job is to have sex with chicks or you work hard to retire at the age of 40, your life is miserable. Where do you live? Do you have laws that forces employers to pay you double if you work more than 8h?

Because In my case sadly I don't have the time, money and skill to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Why bother raiding mythic... I can run Heroic, get equivalent gear thanks to TF/WF and not have to worry about exactly 20 people.

I used to do top difficulty because I enjoyed the aspect of being BiS. But the TF/WF system made that an RNG shit show so no point. This is the first expansion I haven't raided that difficulty. So I found another form of reward that's still somewhat exclusive, 2k Elite sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Congrats on wanting to be some geek who spends all your free time hunched over a computer all the time I guess
    How dare people spend their free time how they want!

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    If you work 11h per day, 5 times per week I pity you so much. Unless if your job is to have sex with chicks or you work hard to retire at the age of 40, your life is miserable. Where do you live? Do you have laws that forces employers to pay you double if you work more than 8h?
    US laws have time and half, but under salary often times you don't get overtime. BUT just cause they work 11-12 hrs a day doesn't mean they work 5 days a week. Some people work 4 10 hour shifts, and I've seen jobs (usually in manufacturing) that run 3 12 hr shifts over the weekend but pay for 40 hrs worked.

I'm scared of people and Blizzard communities seem twenty times as toxic as most, making me extra not want to engage. (I legit take medication and get therapy. I have severe social anxiety... and severe anxiety in general. I get panic attacks.)

It's why I don't do anything that I can't do with a queue. I think I'm better than the average player, though. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer. I also min-max like nuts and pretty much constantly read up on everything about my preferred spec (Ret Paladin) and have pretty much since the late 2000's. Why I keep doing that is anyone's guess. I guess in my mind I'm always prepared to do things I'll never do?

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'm scared of people and Blizzard communities seem twenty times as toxic as most, making me extra not want to engage.

It's why I don't do anything that I can't do with a queue. I think I'm better than the average player, though. I'm a pretty hardcore gamer. I also min-max like nuts and pretty much constantly read up on everything about my preferred spec (Ret Paladin) and have pretty much since the late 2000's. Why I keep doing that is anyone's guess. I guess in my mind I'm always prepared to do things I'll never do?
    If you think blizz communities are "toxic".... man you must play like zero multiplayer games, blizz games are pretty tame on the toxicity.