Poll: Who is your favorite Warchief?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

I don't see the issue. It's the worthy opponent (or match?) for a depressed, virgin lady.
    actually its more like the giant douche and turd sandwich, whichevers more appropriate
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Our lad is catching up! Daily reminder, if Sylvie voters had voted correctly, we'd be in first place. On that note:

this is actually gold

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I am lol'in damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Garrosh was the most interesting of the bunch once they cleared up the confusion in his character and started treating him as a full-on villain. Thrall was a cool character in Warcraft III, but that was pretty much the resolution of his character since they clearly didn't know what to do with him afterwards. I still think he had the most potential to be interesting if they'd continued on with the thread of him being a level headed diplomat trying to lead a band of aggressive, tribalistic followers. But instead he just became kind of a generic badass hero with nothing unique or memorable going for him.

Vol'jin obviously never got much story time to become a properly fleshed out character, and they didn't do anything with him during his brief stint as Warchief, so he's off the table for me. Sylvanas has the same kind of potential Garrosh did, but similar to Cataclysm-era Garrosh I really have no idea where they're trying to go with her. She seems to be stuck in this weird spot where she became Warchief due to fan popularity, and now they're trying to strike a balance between her being a heroic "for the Horde" type (which feels horribly out of character) and a scheming villain. She's at her most interesting when she's being a morally grey weirdo who puts the interests of the Forsaken above those of the Horde, but without doing anything too outrageously moustache-twirly. I can't really see her being that person in BfA, though. The more I think about it the more I think Sylvanas was a really questionable character to put in the Warchief role, since she's a lot more interesting when she's on the sidelines of the conflict. Initially I had high hopes for her as a more reserved, calculating Warchief, but that really doesn't seem like the direction they've chosen to go in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Urm, Wildberry, you know what a chad is right?
    We're taking the term back. A Chad is now an alpha male.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I mean, I would like to read everything and all but...that...thing down there is comically distracting.
    It's not my fault. Blame the Chad template!

Orgrim Doomhammer. I feel like he was the best, and really the truest to the Orc nature. None of the Orc WCs were/are perfect, but he's exemplary, to me.

I'd also enjoy an Orc assuming the title once more. Surely there's an end to Sylvanas' reign in sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Cairne did draw first blood, and he got a good jab at Garrosh's right bicep. You're also right in that Cairne's wound was minimal. However, while Cairne is confident in his chances (PoV thoughts), he was still left with a tooth of the runespear. There's also no reference to Garrosh's blow being "clumsy," "slow" or "easily avoidable" in the text. Eitrigg only notes that he made no attempt to defend himself from the "death strike."

Honestly though, even noting that Garrosh was certainly more weary than Cairne, Cairne was left with the lower third of a Runspear that, presumably, could only be used to thrust. His ability to block Gorehowl would be severely limited, and coming close enough to Garrosh to strike would put him at far more of a risk than he was prior.
    The remains of the Runespear was more than enough to serve as a weapon capable of killing the wounded Garrosh, and Garrosh's final strike against the prone and poisoned Cairne was a running charge from a ways back - easily avoidable by Cairne, who would've otherwise at full strength and speed. While Garrosh still had Gorehowl he'd also been temporarily maimed, his grip weakened and his strength and speed dulled by the wound - without the aid of the poison forcing Cairne to lie prone to the attack there's little to no chance it would've connected as it did. In my view, Garrosh's chances absent the poisoning would've been minimal - 10 to 1 odds, and it would've required a series of other miraculous occurrences that stretch credulity. More likely that Cairne would've begun to pace Garrosh, run him out of strength and let the full weight of the untended wounding sink in - he'd already acknowledged the Orc was easy to bait and easy to lead in combat, so he had the line on the strategy that would no doubt do Garrosh in.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thrall. He was an idealist and an honorable man, who was wise and strong. He also genuinely sued for peace, even with Sylvanas constantly mucking it up, and later Varian and Garrosh. The Horde has been led by cowards, racist lunatics, and weak placeholders ever since.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall.
    The standard for what a good warchief should be.

Deleted
    Under Garrosh it was fun to be part of the Horde.
    Since he is gone its again boring as fuck like under Thrall in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Nancy Thrall was pretty cool.
    I wouldn't care at all if he got written out of the game by what direction they took with his character post-WotlK.

Vol'Jin had something in him too. Shame he got to be warchief for just a few patches. A think I still don't understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall.

/10char
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Psssh. Blackhand OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think people forget how good Thrall actually was. It's why I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as Warchief again. The problems that happened with his character were after he stepped down as Warchief so I hope that him returning would fix him and not only fix him but also fix the Horde. The Horde has gone through shit after shit ever since Thrall stepped down.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I think people forget how good Thrall actually was. It's why I actually wouldn't mind seeing him as Warchief again. The problems that happened with his character were after he stepped down as Warchief so I hope that him returning would fix him and not only fix him but also fix the Horde. The Horde has gone through shit after shit ever since Thrall stepped down.
    That’s true. His character went downhill since he stepped down as a Warchief. Mostly because that allowed Blizz to focus on his character in Cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    What was so great about Thrall? All he did in vanilla was stand infront of his throne with the dialog "welcome to Orgrimmar".
    He was almost as bad as Vol'Jin that only gave orders to build a shipyard.

Yes,the common sense wins!I'm actually surprised that Garrosh or Sylvanas is not a top vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    What was so great about Thrall? All he did in vanilla was stand infront of his throne with the dialog "welcome to Orgrimmar".
    He was almost as bad as Vol'Jin that only gave orders to build a shipyard.
    He led and united the Horde - consists of many difference races with different cultures and values - into a force rival that of the Alliance within a few years. Being strong enough to not bow down against their rivals, but also clever enough not to antagonize them and aim for co-existence and co-prosperity instead. Willing to look eye to eye with the Alliance's leader and discuss things when needed. Earned love, respect and loyalty from his fellow Horde leaders and even gained allies from the rival faction. Thrall was the closest to a great politician figure among the Horde Warchiefs up until now.

Funny that you mentioned Vol'jin as bad, because I actually rank him 2nd / 3rd on my list of successful Horde Warchiefs depends on whether Sylvanas will fracture the Horde in the future or not. He didn't do anything much, but he didn't harm the Horde either. Under his rule, the Horde recovered from SoO, and gained Azshara for resources from the NE even when they were being at a low point. He was respected by other leaders - including Sylvanas - and managed to keep the Horde somewhat united. Vol'jin might not be a great leader or contributed in a lot of improvements for the Horde, but he didn't harm it either - that alone put him above the one(s) that end up hurting it.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-02-15 at 08:26 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.