Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I got roughly 30% for the bonus - with quests, maybe about 50-60% at level 65 in a LK dungeon.
    My brother said that leveling 60-80 is horribily slow in comparsion to the 20-60 and even the 80+ ranges. It's not even because the Outland/Northrend quests are "outdated" - the experience rewards are very undertuned in his opinion.

Maybe dungeons can now be a good, healthy alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    5% would make 75% total xp bonus, 10% would make it 95%, fine with me.

The fact it would scale is already a huge improvement, but still heirlooms are no excuse why the quest rewards are so poorly itemized, it's almost like they added scaling, but items with 0 secondaries won't magically scale to have any.

They made allied race start with proper itemized greens, yet it almost seemed they didn't bother looking at quests themselves, and just added a global +xxx% health template, that's it.
    This. The item system in general needs to be completely overhauled. Low-level greens and blues, both BoE and BoP, have shitty stats on them, period. The power creep has been highly noticed at the higher end, but Blizzard just apparently forgot about the lower end. They somewhat fixed it back in Cata when they redid the lower level questing, but seriously when you're just automatically vendoring/disenchanting all the quest/instance loot you get, what is the point of it in the first place? I'm not saying every piece you get from a quest needs to be a vast upgrade over what you have, but at least make me look at it and think about whether or not it would be an overall upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos
    I won't spend money on boosts because that's exactly the point of this idiocy.
    I wish it were, but I had the impression that boots don't unlock the armor sets. If I just wanted a Highmountain Tauren Druid for example, a race change would be cheaper. No, it looks like they are using the same logic behind no flying -- they want players to see everything, whether the player wants to or not.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I wish it were, but I had the impression that boots don't unlock the armor sets. If I just wanted a Highmountain Tauren Druid for example, a race change would be cheaper. No, it looks like they are using the same logic behind no flying -- they want players to see everything, whether the player wants to or not.
    I think it's less to do with wanting players to see everything, and more to do with increasing time required to complete any given task.

I knownive said this in the past, but when you're paying by the month, literally anything which slows you down translates to potential profit.

I like the new scaling system in a lot of regards, but the more I look at the bigger picture, the more I'm convinced that it's all about Profit > Quality. The two aren't mutually exclusive, but lately Blizzard has been leaning more and more in favor of profit at the expense of quality. And that's kind of sad.

Deleted
    Done a Blackrock Caverns as random dungeon (almost instant queue as a tank at 4 AM), at lvl 86 i got 78k for finishing it +87k for the random dungeon finder bonus.
    Just as a note, elites give 600xp, the bigger elites 1300 and bosses 4.4k.
    Mind you, it took us over 30 minutes to finish it, so i'd say that running dungeons through the dungeon finder is still not worth it because dungeons just take way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    Done a Blackrock Caverns as random dungeon (almost instant queue as a tank at 4 AM), at lvl 86 i got 78k for finishing it +87k for the random dungeon finder bonus.
    Just as a note, elites give 600xp, the bigger elites 1300 and bosses 4.4k.
    Mind you, it took us over 30 minutes to finish it, so i'd say that running dungeons through the dungeon finder is still not worth it because dungeons just take way too long.
    I wonder about the time/payoff of running the shorter dungeons specifically instead of just random LFD.

30 minutes is my standard rate of each level when questing, depending on how focused I am. If a dungeon takes that long and isn't giving a level, then it's not worth it, especially when you're doing group content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players: Blizzard, something needs to be done about dungeon leveling. It gives too little XP now. Can you guys fix it? You destroyed dungeon leveling.
    - Blizzard remains silent

1 month passes with constant complaint threads on the issue

Players: Lets go afk in Argus invasions.
    - Blizzard quickly patches it, but continues their vow of silence

A few days pass

Players: Okay guys, let's take this into our own hands. I'll powerlevel you and you can powerlevel me.
    - Blizzard quickly patches it

Blizzard: It has come to our attention that dungeon XP needs to be buffed. Here you go.

I guess it's one way to get results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I wonder about the time/payoff of running the shorter dungeons specifically instead of just random LFD.

30 minutes is my standard rate of each level when questing, depending on how focused I am. If a dungeon takes that long and isn't giving a level, then it's not worth it, especially when you're doing group content.
    If you queue for SPECIFIC dungeons you lose the 87k bonus, so there's kinda no reason to do it. I started the dungeon with 23k xp and finished it with 359k xp (545k xp in total needed to get from 86 to 87), that's with completing the 4 or 5 quests that are in there and skipping most of the trash. Considering the fact that quests give you almost 20k xp, you can deduce that the actual xp for running it again would be much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    If you queue for SPECIFIC dungeons you lose the 87k bonus, so there's kinda no reason to do it. I started the dungeon with 23k xp and finished it with 359k xp (545k xp in total needed to get from 86 to 87), that's with completing the 4 or 5 quests that are in there and skipping most of the trash. Considering the fact that quests give you almost 20k xp, you can deduce that the actual xp for running it again would be much lower.
    The reason for doing the specific dungeons would be because the exp/h was better than the more time consuming runs, even without the bonus from random grouping.

That's why I said I wonder if the math of it makes it worthwhile. You'd be banking on finishing quickly for the completion bonus. A perfect example of this is the BRD run that takes like 5 minutes. Skip to the boss, kill, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-15 at 04:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojocuervo View Post
    I still dont get the "buaaaaaah;_;buaaaaaaaa;_; draenor is broken" Literally took me a couple of hours to reach level 100 with no difficulties. Felt like leveling in Legion. 1-90 on the other hand, literally pain.
    What would it take for you to "get it"? A 100 page thesis? I just explained it.

Only 90-91 was a slog.

Also, it isn't about you. Like it doesn't matter if it only took you 5 minutes, other people play this, new players, who don't know the game as well as you and I, that's who I was thinking about.
    Doesn't even look like you really read and comprehended my post. You just saw WoD and went, "oh he's crying about WoD". Oh, he mentioned something, he must be crying about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    90-91 is the suckiest

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Players: Blizzard, something needs to be done about dungeon leveling. It gives too little XP now. Can you guys fix it? You destroyed dungeon leveling.
    - Blizzard remains silent

1 month passes with constant complaint threads on the issue

Players: Lets go afk in Argus invasions.
    - Blizzard quickly patches it, but continues their vow of silence

A few days pass

Players: Okay guys, let's take this into our own hands. I'll powerlevel you and you can powerlevel me.
    - Blizzard quickly patches it

Blizzard: It has come to our attention that dungeon XP needs to be buffed. Here you go.

I guess it's one way to get results.
    hahah so true! At least something is getting done now, I still think heirlooms need more XP buff though. I don't even mind if they don't give you good stats

Why so many complaints about xp and lvling? I just hit 110 last night as full looms character, half lvl before 110 the 1500 quest achiev hit my screen and i done not more than 11 dungeons. Que as i questing. For me was fun. I remembered again old areas and some quests i used to like. 100-110 i done 3 from the 11 dungeons i said previously and only 1 invasion (gives me 600k exp). And only i complete full 2 areas. Good for blizz nerf the "exploit" of exp (exploit in "..." coz is not really exploit). Why people rushing? They have plenty of time until BFA.Its a game, enjoy it. From the other hand if you rush there is always the option of the free 110 boost and the option to buy one.If you want herritage armor then enjoy lvling. I spend 10 days including afk's and not more than 2-3 hours/day, including the love event, ah , reading the quests and some rp.

Makes you wonder if Blizzard have an entire team of extremely talented employees pressing nothing but + and - button on random things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    Why so many complaints about xp and lvling? I just hit 110 last night as full looms character, half lvl before 110 the 1500 quest achiev hit my screen and i done not more than 11 dungeons. Que as i questing. For me was fun. I remembered again old areas and some quests i used to like. 100-110 i done 3 from the 11 dungeons i said previously and only 1 invasion (gives me 600k exp). And only i complete full 2 areas. Good for blizz nerf the "exploit" of exp (exploit in "..." coz is not really exploit). Why people rushing? They have plenty of time until BFA.Its a game, enjoy it. From the other hand if you rush there is always the option of the free 110 boost and the option to buy one.If you want herritage armor then enjoy lvling. I spend 10 days including afk's and not more than 2-3 hours/day, including the love event, ah , reading the quests and some rp.
    Because to me it's the SAME leveling experience since like 2007 or so when i started back in WOTLK, doing the SAME quests in the SAME zones the SAME ancient way. I've seen it all over and over again. Before at least it was FAST and i had fun one-shotting mobs. How hard is it to gasp that other people think differently? Just because YOU liked it doesnt mean that ANYONE else does, you could potentially be the only one thinking that way. My main problem with the patch is that they made it slower for EVERYONE and took away options, admittedly they were shit options like equipping a lvl 1 axe or smth if you wanted slow and hard leveling but it was an OPTION nonetheless, everyone had CHOICES of how they wanted to play and enjoy. Blizzard took those CHOICES away
    Last edited by ToxicFlame; 2018-02-15 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The question is whether or not the completion bonus and boss kill experience is worth the time. Running RFC/Stockades and Ramparts is done for the speed to clear all bosses and get the bonus. The kill exp for enemies was just extra.

So as long as you can get the full bonus(which is usually up to 2x a quest turn-ins) faster than normal questing, it'll still be the preferred method. Mix in some of the other methods described in the video, and soloing heroics, and it'll still be pretty quick.
    Sorry I lost track here, you mean this video right?

I just ask because crunching the numbers, yeah you are right it is still the fastest method /played.

You'd think from all the hysteria that it had been nerfed to the ground but it doesn't seem to be. The main change is that instance lockout has become more of an issue.

I'm unsubscribed right now, can anyone tell me if the que times are shorter since dungeons reward more xp?

80-90 is taking ages boosting, it's down to about 17% per clear for me at 88.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why does that bother you?
    maybe coz it clogs up the channel, if im looking for a group i cant find it because trade is clogged with boost sell runs and guild recruitmentnow

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    lol "keep a close eye on the pacing" they say
    "If it gets too fast we'll be sure to nerf it again. Because we care. About selling those boost tokens."

The moral of the story kids, is that if you discover some clever new way to speed level... Keep it to yourself.

Keep it safe. Keep it secret.

And do not make a goddamn youtube video about it.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-02-15 at 02:06 PM.