Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So people can defend themselves and not have something which happened, like it did in the one down the street. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Na. Then why are there no gun turrets at the Airports? or at the Court houses? Which have armed guards?
    Can you imagine 50 people shooting at each other in a dark cinema teathre. It's borderline comical.

They actually do. Look up the gun the Navy uses on it's ships. Rail gun.
    Then it is just matter of cost effectiveness. As soon as AI driven automatic drones and turrets are cheap enough they'll replace guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Your reading comprehension isn't that good, is it?

Let's try again: It's illegal for the minor to have a gun in the US, just as it is in Denmark.
    If a young person tries to get a gun and admits it openly to everyone, he will be caught and hopefully stopped regardless of other gun law differences between Denmark and the US.

Therefore, the only reason he wasn't stopped was because of incompetent law enforcement. There are laws in the US right now that could have prevented this. Use them. He was caught, they just did nothing.

In Denmark, we do use the laws we have, and therefore this would have prevented, because, unlike in the US apparently, we would have caught it and done something about it.

Got that? Not difficult.

And before anyone points out the shooter was 18: Yes, he was, but he began looking for guns and saying he wanted to be a mass shooter before the age of 18, so your argument is invalid.
    First of all, he's 19.

Secondly, we don't really know when he got his guns.

Lastly, what you and everyone on your side is arguing, is that law enforcement should have stopped this kid when he was talking about committing a mass shooting. That means, you'd rather there be more restrictions on speech than buying guns.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I was being sarcastic, of course people have shot up airports before...
    How many people did die and how many would have if no armed guards where present? There is not going to be any 100% fail proof solution. Guns are not magically going to go away here in the US when we have over 300 million of them. So it is best to use realistic solutions which have a chance to help reduce the casualties. Here, we have to work with the right to keep and bear arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Your reading comprehension isn't that good, is it?

Let's try again: It's illegal for the minor to have a gun in the US, just as it is in Denmark.
    If a young person tries to get a gun and admits it openly to everyone, he will be caught and hopefully stopped regardless of other gun law differences between Denmark and the US.

Therefore, the only reason he wasn't stopped was because of incompetent law enforcement. There are laws in the US right now that could have prevented this. Use them. He was caught, they just did nothing.

In Denmark, we do use the laws we have, and therefore this would have prevented, because, unlike in the US apparently, we would have caught it and done something about it.

Got that? Not difficult.

And before anyone points out the shooter was 18: Yes, he was, but he began looking for guns and saying he wanted to be a mass shooter before the age of 18, so your argument is invalid.
    He's 19.

Where did you read about him trying to illegally buy guns as a junior?

As a side note I just tried to find out if its illegal to try to buy a gun as a kid, and its not, its illegal to SELL a gun to an under 16 but just like if I tried to buy alcohol as a 16 year old its not illegal, the legality sits with the seller. (Unless they supply falsified information)

So a convicted felon can apply for a gun even though he is not allowed, if he gave truthful information he would be denied but he would not face prosecution.

So the whole grounding of your information seems based on a make believe law and an unverified claim he tried to buy guns as a junior.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-02-15 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then it is just matter of cost effectiveness. As soon as AI driven automatic drones and turrets are cheap enough they'll replace guards.
    Which will be good. Until then, use what is affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I'd feel really safe, sending my kids to a school, where the teachers had to wear firearms.

The answer to the gun problem is not "MOAR GUNZ!", it's removing them, it worked fine for Australia, I'm sure it would work in the US, if it werent for the rednecks, who apparently are too daft to see the obvious solution.

Alsol having a gun does not mean you're immortal, the shooter would ofcourse make sure to get the jump on the unknowing teacher, ofcourse unless the teacher is told to shoot at anything that makes a sudden movement , what kind of fucked up society are you asking for, for the sake of carrying a gun, how many fucking enemies do you have?
    The gun nuts in this country are way too easily swayed by NRA propaganda, and of course the NRA serves the interests of the manufacturers who want a gun in everyone's hand from the moment they pop out of the womb. Gun nuts all know this too, but they go along with it anyway because they live in constant fear of being overwhelmed by the angry dark-skinned hordes.

How many people did die and how many would have if no armed guards where present? There is not going to be any 100% fail proof solution. Guns are not magically going to go away here in the US when we have over 300 million of them. So it is best to use realistic solutions which have a chance to help reduce the casualties. Here, we have to work with the right to keep and bear arms.
    Let's start with more taxes then, especially on ammunition.

- - - Updated - - -

You also have a lot less people and no Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
    it is an antiquated "right" though, for the greater good of society regulations should be made as well as the regulations regarding the 3D printing of guns and gun parts.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Yes they should get together and come up with something to stop this from happening.
    Something like... gun control.
    While I agree some gun control is in order, this kid was too young to purchase a fire arm, so legally purchasing a gun and going through all the safety protocols would have obviously done nothing. What we have here is a serious issue with our current culture in the US, where if you feel slighted in ANYWAY the obvious answer for you is to either get in a huge fight for the internet to enjoy, or try to get famous and go on a killing rampage with a gun, car, bomb, bat, airplane, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Seems like you guys have more of a healthy control of guns going on, but I’d say it’s not the only reason you guys see less violence like this.
    Health care and less poverty helps as well. Also our police the RCMP are at the federal level so that helps too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    While I agree some gun control is in order, this kid was too young to purchase a fire arm, so legally purchasing a gun and going through all the safety protocols would have obviously done nothing. What we have here is a serious issue with our current culture in the US, where if you feel slighted in ANYWAY the obvious answer for you is to either get in a huge fight for the internet to enjoy, or try to get famous and go on a killing rampage with a gun, car, bomb, bat, airplane, you name it.
    He was 19, thats not too young.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    I truly believe you, i know if the government tried to take away people's guns, that would create a mess. But it could be done gradually...
    I mean, what if no one could buy guns anymore? They could keep their old ones, but only 1 gun. And maybe just let this work in ... i don't know, small towns, where people own farms.

I mean, there's no way you need a shotgun if you live in a 10-story high apartment block in Brooklyn.
    There are so many levels of stupidity surrounding gun control in the US. People really aren't wrong for wanting an outright ban but we even do legal firearms totally incorrectly. There should be a required license earned through actual in depth training and sitting down with professionals who will help to determine if you have a need for it and others that will determine if you're mentally capable of being responsible with one. I grew up with two veteran grandfathers and an entire family that owned guns but the big difference is that I was taught to be responsible and safe before I ever owned one by very knowledgeable people. Not everyone has that privilege but learning those lessons should be a requirement if nothing else because as it is, depending on your state, just about anyone can get their hands on one regardless of how sane or responsible they actually are. Its absurd. People literally die when things go wrong with guns and the vast majority of people will never have need to pick one up for any reason. Why are they so easy to obtain and fuck around with?
    Last edited by Erolian; 2018-02-15 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The gun nuts in this country are way too easily swayed by NRA propaganda, and of course the NRA serves the interests of the manufacturers who want a gun in everyone's hand from the moment they pop out of the womb. Gun nuts all know this too, but they go along with it anyway because they live in constant fear of being overwhelmed by the angry dark-skinned hordes.

Let's start with more taxes then, especially on ammunition.
    The NRA ( which I am not a member of ) goal is to protect the Second Amendment. Which is understandable as the AARP is to help protect the retired citizens.

I have no issues with tax on them. They already have some taxes now. Sale taxes. But if you get to the point the poor can not exercise a Constitutional right, then that is a serous issue. I think it might fail the Supreme Court's inspection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    it is an antiquated "right" though, for the greater good of society regulations should be made as well as the regulations regarding the 3D printing of guns and gun parts.
    You may feel it is. But millions here do not and thankfully, the Supreme Court agrees it is not. Which their opinion matters more than anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    So far since yesterday, Iv'e already heard/seen on the news and various social media platforms/forums.

It's too soon to talk about common sense gun regulation it's disrespectful.

*Insert many rabid incoherent rants about "the left" and "snowflakes"* - and then - The solution is easy, all the teachers need guns, and we need armed security guards at every school entrance and metal detectors. (Somehow this made sense to multiple people who agree this is the easy and cheap fix)

(On Fox news) The 2 hosts and a republican - I'm for those with a history of mental issues not being able to purchase a semi-automatic rifle. (Host 1) Maybe you should be older to buy a weapon like that he was only 19. (Host 2) Where do we draw the line though? There's a study that showed <insert very high percentage that doesn't seem accurate> of the population is on some form of medication that potential can alter their mental state.

Looks like that the lines are drawn and the conversation is over. It's too soon to talk about it for a month or more, bad mouth anyone who tries, and then agree when it becomes acceptable to mention it that it's not really a problem, and this is the cost of freedom. In the end no big deal just another school shooting, it's an American thing, and if we really want to fix it, then every; man, woman and child should own a gun.

Looking forward to this same backwoods conversation next time.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2018-02-15 at 02:31 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    First of all, he's 19.

Secondly, we don't really know when he got his guns.

Lastly, what you and everyone on your side is arguing, is that law enforcement should have stopped this kid when he was talking about committing a mass shooting. That means, you'd rather there be more restrictions on speech than buying guns.
    Talking about committing a mass shooting is not covered in freedoms of speech, that is very very illegal, just like inciting a riot or anything else that is talking about direct physical harm to others.

You always hear NRA defenders talk about all the other ways to stop mass shootings.

Then when there's another mass shooting, they talk about how all those ways failed.

Kinda makes you question their intelligence after awhile...

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He was 19, thats not too young.
    If it was a hand gun, the legal age is 21

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I also find it funny that for people that go on about the left and its identity politics, they themselves engage in identity politics... the NRA and being a "gun owner" in the US, has become its own identity.

The NRA has a magazine specifically for that, which they use to scare people:

The right says the left is emotional... maybe, but so is the right, just on different issues, instead of equality, the right is (over) emotional about safety.
    I think it is reasonable to feel emotional about wanting the right to defend yourself using a Constitutional right.

My wife had a cousin who broke into a guy's apartment who was dating his daughter and attacked him with a knife. The guy shot him and killed him. Was ruled self defense. What could have happened if he had no firearm? When things happen to someone you are emotional about or love, then you can understand some principles better. The principle here is the right to use a tool very effective for self defense.

7+ Year Old Account
    isnt there anything else interesting going on in your country ?

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Yes they should get together and come up with something to stop this from happening.
    Something like... gun control.
    The why should be more important than the how. A person that wants to kill will kill, regardless of gun regulation. We need to get to the root of the problem as to why these kids are doing what they're doing. But as per usual that will be swept aside to make room for each sides agenda.