Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is gun control only helps those who want to go out and cause harm. Chicago has so many deaths from shooting (despite having the toughest gun legislation in the US) that it is no longer covered by national media from it becoming the norm. If they would arm the teachers then that might have stopped this lunatic and until we make sensible changes like having teachers be trained and armed against these types people than schools will remain a soft target.
    Chicago's "gun controll" is largely meaningless because it does nothing to stop people from simply driving 45 minutes to a place outside of Chicago which does not have similar restrictions and buying a gun.

And no, sorry, but the correct answer is never "more guns".

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    isnt there anything else interesting going on in your country ?

We now are the world's #1 producer of oil or shortly will be.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I have 4 Daughters, 2 of them are of school age and some days I fear that I won't see them again. These school shootings have become so common now, I think we have become numb to it all and see it as the new norm. This is bullshit.

I am fine with my fellow Americans owning firearms but I want my kids to feel physically safe in school. For this to happen things need to fucking change.

• Raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 for all weapons.
    • Increased screening and wait times for approval to purchase a firearm. (Any history of violent offences or mental instability within the past decade, you don't get to purchase a firearm, plain and fucking simple.)
    • Central database for all gun owners. (Stop being so goddamned paranoid, for all you collectors out there, there would not be a limit.)
    • Mandatory certification training for all firearms owners every 4 years (to include weapons safety and anger management courses.)
    • Major republicwide amnesty drive for destruction and disposal of unregistered/illegal weapons, give folks tax credit for handing them in.
    • No mercy for people that commit these heinous acts, bring back public executions. (Not hanging, firingsquad or decapitation, but by lethal injection).

Edit: Oh and remove the silly gun free zones! That asshole could have been stopped yesterday if campus security were allowed to be armed.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2018-02-15 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Second there has bee 18 mass shootings in 2018, We are 8 weeks into 2018 that is on average 2.25 Mass Shootings a week.
    You are a bit off there. Current count (including the one that spawned this thread), is 41.
    https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I've been thinking of buying a handgun and going to a shooting range to learn to fire it... not sure it will happen anytime soon... but... we will see.
    It is a personal choice. But I certainly do stress to anyone considering it, get some training and practice with it. There are classes which are specially tailored for new owners of firearms. There is also a lot to consider in the type of firearm you want and what your primary purpose for it is to be.

In Ohio, we can get a license to carry concealed a handgun, after a class and prettty comperhensive background checks, with finger prints which are run thru the system. One reason I chose the Rugar LCP II .380 auto for a carry conceal weapon, it is small size and weight. Makes it a lot easier to conceal and is so lite (11 oz. ), you hardly know you are carrying it.

But not that great for home defense. For that my first action is going to grab my .357 mag revolver. If I have time, the 12 ga shotgun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Until you get gunned down by some retard with his concealed .380 small pistol because his coffee had too much sugar and he had a bad day and felt like shooting people was the way to go on.

I bet those guys in Vegas that got mowed down also had some concealed .380 small pistols, helped a ton there. Maybe we should offer schoolchildren .380 small pistols too? You know, just in case, to feel safer. Bulletproof vests too as mandatory school uniform too. Problem solved there!
    Na. Just the teachers. Easy to conceal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    You are a bit off there. Current count (including the one that spawned this thread), is 41.
    https://www.massshootingtracker.org/data
    Yeah. They count the drive by gang shootings in those figures. Most done with handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    http://researchbriefings.parliament....613#fullreport

"...from 11 September 2001 to 31 March 2016, there were 54 deaths in Great Britain as a direct result of terrorist acts (excluding the perpetrators)."

There have been 21 deaths (so far) from gun shots in US schools this year.
    There has been 0 deaths in my small town of 13,000, its almost like numbers change based on population, imagine that!

All of you demanding the guns be confiscated are suffering from the same intellectual failure as those demanding all the illegals be deported. It wouldn’t happen the way you imagine, and your solution is worse than the problem. Gun confiscation would cause a civil war in the US. Gun sales skyrocket the moment gun control even starts being pushed in the media, much less Congress. It’s the fastest way for a politician in any district but the major urban areas, and many of those too, to see themselves out of office. The NRA gets as much in the way of small private donations as some religious denominations. It isn’t happening. Let it go.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, what does this mean (probably nothing tbh, because no one will do anything to try and prevent this)

1) We need to seriously look at our enforcement of threats of mass violence, or violence in general in public forums, if credible.
    2) We need to seriously look at our regulation of fire arms, and seriously step up our game of enforcement.
    3) Mass shootings became an issue in the late 90s, which correlates nearly perfectly with the closure of all mental health facilities, and asylums in the US, this is obviously not a coincidence.
    4) We need to look at how we discipline our children

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not really. I sleep well at night with my .357 mag revolver close to my pillow. Actually better than I would not having it there for quick access. And out in the public? I feel safer with my concealed .380 small pistol than I would without one. No burden at all except using common sense to be aware of your surroundings and safely carrying the firearm.
    You should not have to is what I am saying. If anyone broke into my house gun or no gun they would not live long, I know my house a lot better than stranger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Na. Just the teachers. Easy to conceal.
    Not difficult to put a bullet in teacher's back and proceed mowing down everyone around... your solution holds no water against all these acts, I can tell you that as Army officer.

Basically you want everyone who can to carry guns and you imagine it will somehow reduce violence and not facilitate it further? That's cute.

'Murica needs less guns, not bloody more. Disarm all civilians and make possession illegal. Have 10-15 years implementation plan and clean your country of this filth or keep having your thoughts and prayers every bloody month.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    All of you demanding the guns be confiscated are suffering from the same intellectual failure as those demanding all the illegals be deported. It wouldn’t happen the way you imagine, and your solution is worse than the problem. Gun confiscation would cause a civil war in the US. Gun sales skyrocket the moment gun control even starts being pushed in the media, much less Congress. It’s the fastest way for a politician in any district but the major urban areas, and many of those too, to see themselves out of office. The NRA gets as much in the way of small private donations as some religious denominations. It isn’t happening. Let it go.
    I'm glad they don't let it go, the silly augments the anti gun people give is quiet entertaining, especially when they refuse to talk about the real issue we are having in the US, the lack of mental health for the nutters who are shooting people to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I have 4 Daughters, 2 of them are of school age and some days I fear that I won't see them again. These school shootings have become so common now, I think we have become numb to it all and see it as the new norm. This is bullshit.

I am fine with my fellow Americans owning firearms but I want my kids to feel physically safe in school. For this to happen things need to fucking change.

• Raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21 for all weapons.
    • Increased screening and wait times for approval to purchase a firearm. (Any history of violent offences or mental instability within the past decade, you don't get to purchase a firearm, plain and fucking simple.)
    • Central database for all gun owners. (Stop being so goddamned paranoid, for all you collectors out there, there would not be a limit.)
    • Mandatory certification training for all firearms owners every 4 years (to include weapons safety and anger management courses.)
    • Major republicwide amnesty drive for destruction and disposal of unregistered/illegal weapons, give folks tax credit for handing them in.
    • No mercy for people that commit these heinous acts, bring back public executions. (Not hanging, firingsquad or decapitation, but by lethal injection).

Edit: Oh and remove the silly gun free zones! That asshole could have been stopped yesterday if campus security were allowed to be armed.
    I have no issues with those with the exception of these;

Trying to get over 300 million firearms to be registered, is a daunting and unrealistic chance to succeed. In many cases, there are already listed sales of firearms on record. In 1933 the FBI suggested doing just that. Then dropped the idea as being unrealistically enforceable.

Do not need to be retrained every 4 years. While very important to know, what you do need to know is not something very complicated and easy to forget.

They might get some to turn in some firearms for cash. But there would still be hundreds of millions out there which would not be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    No one has said gun confiscation. Adding restrictions to the purchase of ARs it's variants wouldn't cause a civil war. Making gun owners liable in the event their firearms are stolen or lost and found in the commuting of a criminal act wouldn't start a civil war.
    Your hyperbolic language is only showing the board how you rationalize massacres of human beings.

Yeah. They count the drive by gang shootings in those figures. Most done with handguns.
    Your point? Or are you implying that only America has gangs or something? Fun fact: Other countries have gangs too, yet oddly enough, they don't have nearly as many mass shootings as the USA.

Also, for all that everyone loves to point fingers at chicago, only ONE of the listed 41 shootings on the tracker so far this year have actually occurred there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the ease of getting guns and frikkin' assault rifles in US, that's certainly not a defense of gun worship you have there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You should not have to is what I am saying. If anyone broke into my house gun or no gun they would not live long, I know my house a lot better than stranger.
    What if they are armed with a firearm and have a flashlight? You are going to be hosed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if they are armed with a firearm and have a flashlight? You are going to be hosed.
    What if they are not armed with a firearm because getting a firearm is not feasible without very special and rare permits and scrutinized registration bureaucracy?

You don't need guns if others don't have these and your run off the mill burglar/thief in any civilized country does not come with a frikkin' gun, because getting one is nigh impossible. Maybe that's why you don't have mass shootings in schools there because puffy puff angry Jimmy who got expelled from school won't have a bloody gun handed to him on a platter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m trying to actually have a discussion on gun control in America on FB, and the only thing I’m getting from people is “you’re a liberal”, “muh rights”, “lets just ban cars then”, “get the fuck outta my country”.

It’s just pointless.
    Trying to actually have a discussion in social media is moot in the first place. Social media is a cancer that should be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Your point? Or are you implying that only America has gangs or something? Fun fact: Other countries have gangs too, yet oddly enough, they don't have nearly as many mass shootings as the USA.

Also, for all that everyone loves to point fingers at chicago, only ONE of the listed 41 shootings on the tracker so far this year have actually occurred there.
    Chicago also has many urban areas around it. Look up Gary Ind. But I also know Baltimore and New Orleans is worse.

Nope, I would hear them, my house is designed in a way in which they would make far too much noise before they even got close to my room. I also am a very light sleeper, you cannot even get close to me without me waking up.