Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hey guys, been reading this and I'd like to make some questions 8)

I'm leveling a Nightborne priest now, just for the heritage armor, not because I wanted to re-do de leveling thing again. I already have done it enough times, imo. I've always been the kind of questing guy, but the old content seems now too repetitive and too... well, old for me, so I just want to level fast, at least to get fast to Pandaria, where I don't mind leveling while questing because I like the zone.

So, the question is: if i wanna make the boosting thing with another toon, a 110, running dungeons (and if I remember well), wasn't there a thing to stop you spamming the same dungeon multiple times in a raw? And if so, can I dodge that waiting? I'm now at level 61, and for what I read the Hellfire Ramparts is the best dungeon to do.

Thanks for the helping! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    They can't drop anymore, if you still have some they will still work. But too be honest you should just sell them on AH since they sell for a shit ton now.

Or you could save them and hope that the price will go up in the future (which it most likely will).
    Seriously, wait til BfA launches and sell the 300% pot for enough to keep you subbed for a month or two. You'll get the title "Experienced Pot Dealer". XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Sorry, I had not understood it was a sort of hack.

I am simply trying to find a guide to fast level playing full solo with no looms or help from other players or strange objects, but I cannot find anything.
    I'll link you one when I get back from work. Like I said, I don't personally believe it's a have or exploit, but it really doesn't matter now since power leveling with dungeons and a high level character got nerfed anyway.

EDIT: All credit to @Heladane for figuring this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    The optimal path seems to be:

20-58

Sequentially quest the zones (as Alliance) Loch Modan, Westfall, Redridge, Darkshore and Bloodmyst Isle - These are all "starter" questing zones with tightly packed together easy quests which have you generally doing very little for quest completion.

At the same time you should exclusively queue for Ragefire Chasm and Stormwind Stockades. These are two of the quickest completed dungeons and the completion xp alone is a solid addition to your leveling. If you are a leveling healer or tanking class this will be a sizable portion of your leveling, and you'll be getting to know these two instances well.

58-73

Do either Northrend or Burning Crusade questing while queuing for both Utgarde Keep, Ramparts and Blood Furnace.

74-81

This is the rocket fuel segment of your leveling. Switch your settings to do heroic dungeons, and go and sequentially solo every single Burning Crusade Heroic Dungeon. They give outstanding xp/gold and you will be one-shotting your way through the dungeons.

81-82

Most of the Heroic Burning Crusade Dungeons will stop giving you xp at this point, so go and do some of the raids. Serpentshire Cavern has level 72 10 mob pulls which you can AoE in seconds and give massive amounts of xp.

83-87

Unfortunately this is back to questing and queuing yourself for dungeons. These levels can seem like a bit of a grind after coming off the rocket fuel of 74-82. At 84-87 you can solo heroic Northrend dunegons, but I'm unconvinced that this is faster xp than questing. It is however a very good moneymaker.

Author's Note: I found Heroic WoTLK dungeons tough at 83, and noticeably easier at 84. I found I had to grind out 83-84 by questing/LFG & BG's, basically any way I could.

As I mentioned, I'm unconvinced 84-88 using WotLK Heroics is actually faster than questing. It's certainly profitable, I had a string of epics drop which people bought for silly prices on the AH, and the trash alone made me a number of thousand. It's decent xp, but I faster is up for debate.

Sircowdog's addendum: 82-84 you can actually solo normal Ramparts at a reasonable speed. I think each level took me ~15 minutes, running around 1-1.2 million exp/hour according to titanpanel. At 85 the experience was cut cleanly in half. Might still be worth it to keep running if there's no better options. 30min/level isn't terrible compared to questing.

Sircowdog's addendum 2: Northrend Dunegons are the same level for normal and heroic, making the enemies worth the same regardless. It ends up being the same rate as Ramparts normal, and Ramps is the shortest/fastest of them all.

88-90

Heroic Zul'Gurub is your friend. Solo the dungeon in a big circle avoiding all the bosses and killing all mini-bosses. Get back to the start, exit, reset, and do again. 5 circles and resets should be enough xp to go from 88-90.

Doing loops of Zul'Gurub as I mention 88-90 killing just the mini-bosses and resetting is definately faster however (and again, profitable). I powered through those levels in no time at all.

90-91

Was simply the intro quests to WoD.

91-98

Go grab a 630 weapon from a friendly guildie (best) or AH (worst) and you'll OP everything you hit. You're literally doing 2x the similar heirloom weapon damage I found. For me 91-98 was actually one of the funnest parts of the leveling. I grabbed engineering and made myself a ton of Mecha-Rockets which are hideously OP in random battlegounds at this level. I play on a server/battlegroup on which the 91-99 random Battlegrounds were popping approx every 7 minutes. So I simply Battlegrounded most of my way through the levels, I hit 98 having barely done 1/4 of the quests in the starting zone. Winning in 91-99 battlegrounds gives a ton of xp, with some BG's giving me half a level for 15 mins of good fun. A string of wins clearly helps here, but armed with your OP mecha-rockets I found my win/loss ratio was more than OK and it was great fun too.

I'm guessing the above is only useful to you of course if your BG queue times are as low as those I had, and you enjoy random pvp.

All of the above is obviously class and spec dependent in terms of how easy it is to do. Certainly if your class has a tanking spec or healing spec, particularly a tanking spec, you'll see a lot of the insides of stockades and ragefire the first 40 or so levels, but blast through the completion xp.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-15 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanayah View Post
    Buy a boost, it's what Blizzard wants! Which is why the "fixed" a system that wasn't broken.
    To be fair, the previous system was a complete joke. I solo-levelled an 'loomed Paladin Tank by taking him to Deadmines at 15 and basically solo-ing dungeons all the way to max level.

For me the problem was that they left that system in place for so long without addressing it that the previous broken levelling system became the new norm. Many players became highly normalised to the idea that levelling was a joke activity which you could basically faceroll your way through while watching some Netflix on your second screen (which again, is literally what I did when playing my Paladin, watched some great box sets).

If you allow for 3-4 years the normalisation of a game activity as such a joke, then you've created a problem for yourself as a set of game designers. Blizzard are, with all the complaints are currently getting, weathering that storm. Though it looks like they're content to try and tough it out throwing out the occasional bone to placate.

I personally don't see around 48 hours (or less) played as a big deal to level an alt, but then I'm an alt-a-holic who was nearly at the 50 cap before they raised it. I actually enjoy the process of levelling. Done raiding, done pvp, done RP, done being a social guildie, I've been around the entire Bartle player archetypes diagram a few times now. People enjoy different things at different times.

You're right to point out that an option exists for those who hate levelling, and indeed, other games exist for people who hate levelling.
    Last edited by mmocb687a72763; 2018-02-15 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanayah View Post
    Buy a boost, it's what Blizzard wants! Which is why the "fixed" a system that wasn't broken.
    1) Yeah they totally want to sell you boost, that' why you don't need to level a new allied race to get heritage armor..... oh wait.

2) Yeah a system is broken when you can't finish a damn zone because you gray out quest after 20 minute or after a single dungeon. And a lot of WoW zone have wonderful story and questline you cuold not experience (unless you did them at max level but it kinda lose the meaning).

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    And a lot of WoW zone have wonderful story and questline you cuold not experience (unless you did them at max level but it kinda lose the meaning).
    They could have just scaled all the zones up to 110 then... :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They could have just scaled all the zones up to 110 then... :/
    Sure, i never said i am ok with the "slower" exp rating. But, but, if i have to choose between the past and now, i take the current situation to be honest. But it's a personal opinion of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    RAF 2 accounts and use 3rd to boost RAF'ed chars through Deadmines.

Max-level-in-party nerf took me from ~5 levels per lockout to 2 levels per. 30 mins for 2 levels is still decent but... Ugh..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    2 levels per. 30 mins
    If that's the extent of the hotfix change, then it has slowed down that route but hardly changed it from being extremely good xp/hour

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    1. Learn Engineering
    2. Buy Wormhole: Argus toy from AH
    3. Port to Argus, go to nearest invasion point
    4. AFK invasions for 100 levels
    Why didn't I see this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This has been fixed

It wasn't that good anyway, took longer than dungeon boosting and you had to be spamming groups every 2-5 minutes so it was hardly AFK. Also getting to the different invasions was a massive headache with mobs gibbing you every step you took towards the next portal depending how far the toy took you away from the active portal.

I regret the time I spent doing it, could have been much further along with boosting before those nerfs yesterday.

I still have yet to find anything REALLY good for level 84-88, when you can start soloing Heroic ZG.

TBC normal dungeons stop scaling at 80, so maybe could be farmed til level 85.
    TBC heroic enemies are greyed out at 84, so useless.
    TBC raids are greyed out.
    Northrend Normal dungeons scale to 80, same as Ramparts, and ramps is just plain faster.
    Northrend Heroic dungeons are the same level 80s as TBC normals, but with more hitpoints, so not really worth the trouble.
    Northrend raids are 80, meaning you COULD farm them, but the scaling is weird, and many enemies will obliterate you even at 84.
    Cata/MoP normals scale up to 90, so no dice there(maybe Method Zero self powerlevel?)
    Cata heroics aren't viable til 87/88 due to scaling, which is when ZG is golden.

Seems like questing til 87/88 with LFD mixed in will be the way. I ran around Pandaria getting treasures from 84-85. Maybe that's the thing to do while waiting on a dungeon queue? Hopefully someone will figure out or find something a little faster than that. At least it's only a handful of levels.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-15 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    It wasn't that good anyway, took longer than dungeon boosting and you had to be spamming groups every 2-5 minutes so it was hardly AFK. Also getting to the different invasions was a massive headache with mobs gibbing you every step you took towards the next portal depending how far the toy took you away from the active portal.

I regret the time I spent doing it, could have been much further along with boosting before those nerfs yesterday.
    Yeah, I've been boosting several characters, but sometimes there'd be no boosters available for the 60-80 range and that's when this would've made sense to do or whenever I was busy doing something else on my PC.

Deleted
    Is there anyway I could avoid the 1h waiting after repeating the same dungeon several times?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Northrend Normal dungeons scale to 80, same as Ramparts, and ramps is just plain faster.
    I spent some time farming Ramparts when I was leveling Enchanting. I used to toss a Blizzard up the bridge before the last boss which usually chain aggroed the whole place. Saved me a lot of running.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    This has been fixed
    Yeah, I know. That's why I wish I saw it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I spent some time farming Ramparts when I was leveling Enchanting. I used to toss a Blizzard up the bridge before the last boss which usually chain aggroed the whole place. Saved me a lot of running.
    That's a cool trick! Not sure I'd want to try and solo that many enemies at level 82-84 tho. They still hit pretty hard. And if you had a high level toon to one shot them, the experience would be rekt.

Yeah, I know. That's why I wish I saw it earlier.
    Blonde moment much xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Is there anyway I could avoid the 1h waiting after repeating the same dungeon several times?
    Nope, just take note of the time you entered first and enter an hour later on the dot, that is all you can do... UNLESS you have some toons to be leveled on other realms since instance locks are realm-wide not account wide.