Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I absolutely loathe the idea of having cast time on focus builder. No matter what happens to the spec I wont like it in bfa.
    It was always like this, lol. Even in WoD we had Steady Shot as a filler to generate focus.

The only expansion in which you have an instant focus generator was in Legion.

Deleted
    As I don't mind debuff mechanics I do mind his mobility. If I wanted to stand in 1 place and be punished for moving I can play a mage. Hunter should have high mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    so you played hunter for 1 expansion then?

also, its usable while moving and doesnt cause you to stop auto attacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    It was always like this, lol. Even in WoD we had Steady Shot as a filler to generate focus.

The only expansion in which you have an instant focus generator was in Legion.
    Sorry for offending you. I always forget that there are people who never played hunter before focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked the cata hunter, felt like a ranged melee, liked glaive toss in mop, didnt play in wod, but now in legion its very rng and gear dependent, hope they remove the entire marked shot proc and buff arcane shot and add kill shot again +having chimeria shot as a spell for MM hunters too...

Or just go back to the cata/mop MM hunter

Deleted
    Vulnerable needs to be more complicated than make sure you aimed shot as late as possible in its cycle. Perhaps stretched over a longer period, with more build up elements could've made it more interesting. It's gone though, and hopefully what comes will be better.

There was nothing particularly hard or challenging about vulnerable, that's not to say I hit it perfectly every raid but it's not hard. It's not at all engaging though. It's just kind of there and if you want to do better damage you have to do it in a certain way but so long as you remember its arcane aimed aimed then you're all good.

I don't know what it was ultimately, but for the first time in 11 years I've felt like not playing my hunter, usually if one spec was bad there'd be an alternative, but BM wasn't any better off and SV is generally a no-go now its melee.

They either need to go with something that makes aimed shot hit like an absolute truck and that build up is your engaging gameplay, or be faster paced and death by a thousand cuts. The middle ground death by a cut and ten thousand wet noodles playstyle doesn't really feel so good for me.

Either playstyle works, in fact I'm very much in favour of a slow, lumbering, but when it hits it really hits style of play for MM. BM can then be the death by a thousand cuts.
    Last edited by mmocf24603e2cb; 2018-02-15 at 11:39 AM.

I'm all in for the changes. The current spec is nice, but I prefer to have some more mobility, and really don't like the idea of vulnerable.

I agree, not everyone dislikes marks because they're bad at vulnerable. I dislike it because it's the exact same style as my ret and war but from range. Put up debuff dps in window rinse and repeat. There are other things to min/max just like every other spec but the main part is the same. Call me silly but after spending the last 13 years managing a pet too I want that aspect of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Sorry for offending you. I always forget that there are people who never played hunter before focus.
    Steady shot was added in bc.. hunters had mana until cata.
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2018-02-15 at 03:30 PM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Steady shot was added in bc.. hunters had mana until cata.
    Steady shot was a mana spender though.

Everything was. Aspect of the viper op though.. lol. Argument was he wouldn't use steady shot as a generator then mentioned mana. So either hasn't played hunter since wrath or only played for legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrath survival was honestly my favorite hunter. I would give up focus to have survival back lol.

Everything was. Aspect of the viper op though.. lol. Argument was he wouldn't use steady shot as a generator then mentioned mana. So either hasn't played hunter since wrath or only played for legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrath survival was honestly my favorite hunter. I would give up focus to have survival back lol.
    I said I loathe the idea of having cast time focus builder. I never said I wouldn't use it or any other shit like that. Having cast time focus builder during several haste buffs is just cancer because you have two different somewhat random ways of generating focus. Haste from statistic and faster casts from haste. I'm all about minmaxing my gameplay so being focus capped because you generate too much focus during the buffs doesnt' feel right.
    AFAIK there has been 3 expansions with steady shot as focus regenerator with all kinds of diffferent iterations. And 4 expansions without. Not all the steady shot versions have been as bad as others but I do feel like legion playstyle was alot better than steady shot versions.

But it essentially doesn't make a difference, if it's a cast which gets sped up by haste or if it's your gcd which gets lowered, or is there something I am missing? Of course you need to dump more focus to fit in a 2s cast generator instead of an instant spell, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    But it essentially doesn't make a difference, if it's a cast which gets sped up by haste or if it's your gcd which gets lowered, or is there something I am missing? Of course you need to dump more focus to fit in a 2s cast generator instead of an instant spell, but that's about it.
    If it is like it was before, it was reduced by haste and didn't interrupt autoshot. There was a time before where you used less steady shots because your passive haste regent was high enough that instead of hitting 3 between explosives you would use 2. I understand what he was saying about it, but unlike him, I liked steady shot versions better. To each their own on that one I guess. So here's my t hibg with what you might be missing. I don't like having nothing to do. A hard cast forces you to stand still.. if you can cast while moving then I am most assuredly moving because it gives me something to do. If it is a 2 second gcd, you can move, a 2 second cast (normally) you can't. That is the difference to me and it is a huge gameplay difference in feel to me.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the closer to MoP or WoD playstyle the better.

Imo, I also prefer WoD's MM than Legion MM playstyle/rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

If I remember correctly, and Wrath was when I played the most, you used steady shot to conserve mana when you were low in Wrath/BC. It was a net positive mana user (used less than you generated in combat) and was better than doing nothing waiting for enough mana to use another instant cast. And you couldn't use steady while moving because Aspect of the Fox came out in Cata.

When Cata switched to focus, the rotation remained mostly the same (use your instant CDs and then a few steadies until they were off CD) except when it was advantageous to hardcast aimed shot (was instant in Wrath). So the playstyle of steady shot has been around since BC and only changed in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    The problem was with haste buffs was when you would start casting steady and you would not be sure how much focus you would end up with after the cast is off. Atleast for me in legion the spec feels alot faster so you can actually react to it more easily. You shoot arcane shot and see your focus and you have the time of GCD to decide where you are going to move and what are you going to do next.

These are personal preferences of course but I never claimed them to be anything else.

you can also do that now.. but its not worth the damage buff loss.
    No you can't. With Lone Wolf talent pet summon is blocked on live. This is changing in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    No you can't. With Lone Wolf talent pet summon is blocked on live. This is changing in BFA.
    I meant that you could change the talent if you want to. But yeah I see what you mean.

I like the current MM. It has a marksman feel to it, but as others have said you can sometimes get caught with Windburst down and no proc for Marked Shot for what feels like an eternity, which is frustrating.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mained a MM in Legion. RNG is a real bitch for getting your buffed shots. Not terribly often I have zero ability to have Vulnerable up, between Windburst and Marked Shots, but those times when you get hit with the RNG nerf are rough. Personally, I don't like how integral Trueshot is to the rotation. It feels to me like it matters way too much toward doing top-tier DPS, rather than anything to do with timing your Vulnerable ticks to Aimed Shots. I think you can tell from the ubiquity of the Ullr legendary boots during Nighthold (haven't checked since, honestly) that Trueshot was too important an ability for the entire spec.