Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    that's how MMOs are, if you want to start a new character you have do it all over again, but you do it anyway because is a new class and hopefully its gameplay is gonna be a fun ride all up to max level, and its gonna take at least a week or so, even this is super low compared to the MMOs of old even wow in its original form
    But those other games offer you something else while leveling as well.
    Of the top of my head: BDO, tera and BNS offer imo the 3 best combat systems, SWTOR has amazing storytelling with amazing RP possibilities, Aion had amazing visuals, etc.
    Please stop comparing current wow to vanilla (which is garbage compared to any mmo in the past 6+ years) or old mmo's of old, those are either dead or populated exclusively by bots and nostalgic people. I too still play WC3 and silkroad online from time to time but not because they are objectively good games by today's standarts but because i grew up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I didn’t say pay for a boost, they gave you a 90 boost in wod a 100 boost in legion and now a 110 boost in bfa if you only want to play end game boom you could have 3 different classes at it. Not to mention if you really wanted to you can buy boost with gold.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to work for rewards if you don’t want to work for them you shouldn’t get them simple as that.
    I love working for rewards - AT ENDGAME. That's why I'm in a mythic guild. Get me the hell out of old content where there's max level players camping lowbie zones because they get a kick out of it. Power leveling through dungeons was quick and allowed me to avoid those losers camping lowbies. I still had to level through questing from 90-110 but atleast I didn't want to delete the game at that point.

Still too difficult for your simple mind to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Nobody is forced to play more then 1 character. And you can race change into Allied races.

It's still an RPG, having 1x 110 shouldn't mean all future character should be 110 too.
    Race changing to allied races mean no heritage armor. Clearly you don't understand why people are starting NEW characters as an allied race.
    Last edited by Yvese89; 2018-02-15 at 08:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvese89 View Post
    I love working for rewards - AT ENDGAME. That's why I'm in a mythic guild. Get me the hell out of old content where there's max level players camping lowbie zones because they get a kick out of it.

Still too difficult for your simple mind to understand?

Race changing to allied races mean no heritage armor. Clearly you don't understand why people are starting NEW characters as an allied race.
    There’s nothing to misunderstand you want rewards but you don’t want to put in the work to get them.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-02-15 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    There’s nothing to missunder stand you want reward but you don’t want to put in the work to get them.
    I put in the work already - I got my heritage armor. Guess what? I'm now putting in the work on said character and prepping it for heroic antorus alt runs.

I don't care about your old content. That's what YOU misunderstand. Old content is old. If you like it so much go play classic servers when they go live. I've leveled through every expansion and vanilla except WOD. Going through it again is not on my list of things I want to do.

Clearly it doesn't matter though since I'm talking to a brick wall that spends more time posting on these forums than actually playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop cheating then?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    90-91 is the suckiest
    I just did the entry scenario and got to 91 with some to spare by the time I setup the garrison that I'll never visit again. Mind you I have a heirloom weapon from the Mists days but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Testing something out tonight. Will record results and share here later if it's even worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I put in the work already - I got my heritage armor. Guess what? I'm now putting in the work on said character and prepping it for heroic antorus alt runs.

I don't care about your old content. That's what YOU misunderstand. Old content is old. If you like it so much go play classic servers when they go live. I've leveled through every expansion and vanilla except WOD. Going through it again is not on my list of things I want to do.

Clearly it doesn't matter though since I'm talking to a brick wall that spends more time posting on these forums than actually playing the game.
    Rather you care about old content or not is irrelevant as that’s where the reward is. I don’t care about mythic raiding but I’m not gonna complain that I should get all the mythic raiding drops.

I also didn’t bring up classic servers and im not really looking forward to them. The point is you want X which comes from Y rather you like Y Or not is irrelevant as you get X from it. So either go do Y and get X or don’t and you won’t get X.

i was lucky to finish leveling the 2 new allied races via power leveling but i dont understand why did they have to nerf down boosts with high lvl players? i thought it was a good idea to be able to level that way so you would have 2 ways of getting to lvl 110: doing the slowpoke leveling with quests and 1 hour queues in DF or do it at a faster pace with friends or sellers. i think everyone would have been happy with that. and no i dont really care for the 2 allied races i leveled, got my heritage armor and race changed my main and one of alts. but even if i had to level again i would probably do the same even if it takes just a little longer, i refuse to do it the way blizzard implemented it in 7.3.5.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i was lucky to finish leveling the 2 new allied races via power leveling but i dont understand why did they have to nerf down boosts with high lvl players? i thought it was a good idea to be able to level that way so you would have 2 ways of getting to lvl 110: doing the slowpoke leveling with quests and 1 hour queues in DF or do it at a faster pace with friends or sellers. i think everyone would have been happy with that. and no i dont really care for the 2 allied races i leveled, got my heritage armor and race changed my main and one of alts. but even if i had to level again i would probably do the same even if it takes just a little longer, i refuse to do it the way blizzard implemented it in 7.3.5.
    Unfortunately, the people who are fans of the slow leveling process are apparently not happy with that. Based on the reactions on this forum, the players who like slow leveling can only enjoy slow leveling if EVERYONE is doing slow leveling. Blizz appears to fall in that boat too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Unfortunately, the people who are fans of the slow leveling process are apparently not happy with that. Based on the reactions on this forum, the players who like slow leveling can only enjoy slow leveling if EVERYONE is doing slow leveling. Blizz appears to fall in that boat too...
    apparently if there's a faster way people feel obligated to use that way rather than the more enjoyable one for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    apparently if there's a faster way people feel obligated to use that way rather than the more enjoyable one for whatever reason
    that's bullshit and you know it.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    It's especially funny for me, since I was such a big pro-flight guy. I'm seeing the EXACT same bad arguments on both sides. And Blizzard's stance is also surprisingly similar.

Short version: Play how Blizzard dictates or GTFO. What players actually want is irrelevant, regardless of how good of a case they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    that's bullshit and you know it.
    i've literally had a guy in another thread argue my point that "there should be multiple options to level" with that exact same argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a personal issue of those who lack self control, tbh.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    90-91 is the suckiest
    It's actually not, if you stay in Pandaria, you still get good XP from quests at 90 (compared to pre-7.3.5), while at 91, heirlooms catch up for WoD itemlevel.

Also Pandaria has some treasures that give like 50.000 XP+ rested/heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz aint gonna put all transmog/mounts on 110/120 content (or the store) just because some people don't like old content. It's purely optional too, it's not like you must get heritage armor to play the game. If you want something, go get it, heritage armor even has 0% RNG attached as opposed to a lot of other transmog.

This game will remain an RPG for as long as it exists, even if there's a "level squish" like people suggested (not my idea), "old content" will exist until the end of the servers.

Blizz designs their game, doesn't mean it's always the right choice for everyone's taste, okay, but you cannot please the entire playerbase everywhere, all the time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-15 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Sounds like a personal issue of those who lack self control, tbh.
    it's not a matter of personal self-control. It's just a forum argument that people cling to when something is too tedious and unfun that players look for another way to get around it. people do not naturally shun fun. but if you start with the premise that whatever horseshit blizzard is pushing at the moment is by definition "fun" and are confronted with evidence that people are in fact shunning the aforementioned god ordained "fun', then you must resort to bullshit arguments like "path of least resistance" or whatever to explain why so many people are so hopelessly helplessly unable to control themselves and choose the so called "fun" route over the workaround people have devised as more tolerable.

lol are you practicing for a CM job with this absolute bullshit thought process?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    • The Wormhole Argus Generator now requires 110
    • If a max level is present in a dungeon with you then you get less xp
    • Mass mob farming via 110 yields less xp
      And so many more!

The problem isn't the people doing the glitches/bugs/w.e you wish to call them it's that the majority is actively complaining that XP reduction is a huge mess right now and are finding ways around it.
    Revert the heirloom change or things will get far worse with the majority.

Main problems with leveling atm:
    XP gain even with heirlooms equipped is very low
    Scaling is great but offers very little reward in return
    Draenor is severely overtuned, broken and bugged in some spots even.
    Exp reduction seems to be just because of hertiage armor being a reward making leveling other races feel even less rewarding.

Sources:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761737498
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761797505
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761747495
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761747520
    gotta sell those boosts boosts boosts

they dont even try to pretend they made leveling utter shit and will continiue to make it worse and worse to sell those boosts,

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    lol are you practicing for a CM job with this absolute bullshit thought process?
    huh? where did you read that it was my opinion?
    I simply paraphrased a guy from another thread.