Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Draenor Orcs over Mag'har Orcs

I'm aware that this will prob not be a popular stance on the forums and that this subject has been beaten to death over the past few months, but i believe that the new Orc Allied Race should be from AU Draenor and not Outland. I know a lot of people want to forget about WOD, but it happened and i think that forgetting about it would be a waste. The advantages of Draenor Orcs over Mag'har would be that it opens up the other clan skin colours (Blackrock, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow, etc) and that it would level out Alliance/Horde power, as imo the Horde seems to be weaker then the Alliance and has never recovered from MOP.

If WOD characters are brought back, i think it should be ones that have not been mentioned in the MU, so no Draka, Durotan, Rulkan, etc. With the only exception being Grom. This is for three reasons 1, Hes my favorite warcraft character and i'm biased and 2, Now that Draenor is at peace, Having Grom and other loyal followers there would be awkward, so exiling them to Azeroth would make sense. Grom would join the Horde as it would give him a chance to redeem himself for all the needless Iron Horde Orcs he led to their deaths. I think it would also be interesting to see a young Grom try to live up to the standards MU Grom set in the horde. 3, To me the orcs represent the noble savage archetype and with Saurfang being the noble, we need the savage and love him or hate him but Garrosh's absence has left a huge hole in the Horde that needs to be filled and who better to fill it then Grom.

I can already see it...

The Everbloom portal turns RED!

R.I.P Stormwind :')

But on your point of an absence of archetype since Garrosh's departure, I agree.

Only, I think we could and should have a Troll take this role. We've seen bad Orcs in the Horde, but not any bad Trolls. Vol'jin was dear to me, but he's gone now. So we can move on and take on a vicious Troll for once.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2018-02-16 at 03:27 AM.

Maybe Rastakhan? Someone who calls themselves the God King is prob not a swell guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrewer View Post
    Maybe Rastakhan? Someone who calls themselves the God King is prob not a swell guy.
    I actually think Rastakhan is going to die. Like, during Zuldazar. Blizzard's been pushing the Strong Women themes (All for it )

So his daughter Talanji will likely lead the Zandalari, mirroring the Blood Trolls society of female dominance.

She looks like a Nasty Woman, in the way we could use.

However, I suspect she could be in cahoots with Zul or something too so we'll see.

Draenor orcs means all the orcs, not simply the Mag'har identity behidn them. This probably means that there'll be several clans represented visually within the Mag'har spectrum.

I got that vibe as well and can similarly see Kathrine dying and being replaced by Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would also be interesting to see a young Grom try to live up to the standards MU Grom set in the horde.
    this would actually be pretty cool to be apart of in-game. Grom is great character, and blizzard loves redemption stories. See: Illidan.
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

i think AU orcs would be better than shitty mag'har too.

basically quadruple the size of the horde in one alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm of two minds - on the story side, I think the Mag'har of Outland make more aesthetic sense given their pre-existing connection to the Horde, and the fact that the Azerothian Orcs essentially share the same history as the Mag'har. On the other hand, I find the diversity of textures and models of the Draenor clans of WoD more visually appealing - and I would especially like to have access to the Shattered Hand Orc model used by WoD's version of Kargath and his soldiers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm of two minds - on the story side, I think the Mag'har of Outland make more aesthetic sense given their pre-existing connection to the Horde, and the fact that the Azerothian Orcs essentially share the same history as the Mag'har. On the other hand, I find the diversity of textures and models of the Draenor clans of WoD more visually appealing - and I would especially like to have access to the Shattered Hand Orc model used by WoD's version of Kargath and his soldiers.
    I just thought of this, but the reason the Outland Mag'har may not be the next Allied Race is the fact that they are already part of the Horde. It seems like the current pattern is blizzard adding new factions, even the playable Dark Irons are the half that didn't join Moira originally. But it's blizzard and this could easily be thrown out when they see fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I just thought of this, but the reason the Outland Mag'har may not be the next Allied Race is the fact that they are already part of the Horde. It seems like the current pattern is blizzard adding new factions, even the playable Dark Irons are the half that didn't join Moira originally. But it's blizzard and this could easily be thrown out when they see fit.
    That is true - it seems that when Garrosh crossed over to Azeroth it also marked the formal joining of the Mag'har with the Horde proper. In that sense, the Mag'har would already be allied with the Horde much in the way the Taunka are.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

That is true - it seems that when Garrosh crossed over to Azeroth it also marked the formal joining of the Mag'har with the Horde proper. In that sense, the Mag'har would already be allied with the Horde much in the way the Taunka are.
    RIP Taunka Players if this holds true

I don't think it would make sense for the ENTIRE AU Horde society to just up and leave to not only another planet, but another sodding timeline. That's crazeh.

I say we do both honestly. Just make it one "unite the Orcs" storyling and bring over the Mag'har plus a sect of the AU Orcs. That way you can have the lore of the Mag'har but also bring over Iron Horde tech and get all the customization options.

Also, please don't bring back any named characters. I would be fine with seeing Grom one more time but don't make him a mainstay imo. I absolutely love redemption stories but AU Grom's arc was terrible. His "Draenor is free!!" will be memed literally every time he is on screen. There are better candidates for such a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think it would make sense for the ENTIRE AU Horde society to just up and leave to not only another planet, but another sodding timeline. That's crazeh.

I say we do both honestly. Just make it one "unite the Orcs" storyling and bring over the Mag'har plus a sect of the AU Orcs. That way you can have the lore of the Mag'har but also bring over Iron Horde tech and get all the customization options.

Also, please don't bring back any named characters. I would be fine with seeing Grom one more time but don't make him a mainstay imo. I absolutely love redemption stories but AU Grom's arc was terrible. His "Draenor is free!!" will be memed literally every time he is on screen. There are better candidates for such a story.
    You're right, it wouldn't make sense for the entire Draenor Orc population to move to Azeroth. Just Grom and segments of the main Iron Horde clans that aren't represented on Azeroth that well (Thunderlords, Shattered Hand, Warsong, Blackrock). If it is Draenor Orcs the only leader i can think of is Grom, if anyone has other's, i'm interested in hearing them.

EDIT: Blackrock Orcs do have many major lore characters on Azeroth, but i can't think of any Warsong.
    Last edited by bbrewer; 2018-02-16 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware that this will prob not be a popular stance on the forums and that this subject has been beaten to death over the past few months, but i believe that the new Orc Allied Race should be from AU Draenor and not Outland. I know a lot of people want to forget about WOD, but it happened and i think that forgetting about it would be a waste. The advantages of Draenor Orcs over Mag'har would be that it opens up the other clan skin colours (Blackrock, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow, etc) and that it would level out Alliance/Horde power, as imo the Horde seems to be weaker then the Alliance and has never recovered from MOP.
    That's a bit of a false premise though.

Let's say Blizzard decides to add AU orcs, it's very possible they only add the brown skinned clans. This is my prediction too. Blizzard has never been generous with customization options.

Or if they were to add Outland orcs, they can easily update it to include all the skin colors of the AU orcs. After all, an uncorrupted Shattered Hand is going to be pale regardless of AU or Outland.

They very well could do that, Blizzard hasn't been afraid to retcon stuff in the past. But Mag'har Orcs seem like the more boring option and besides theirs not too many of them (Even less if we start splitting them along clan lines) and they have no more well developed leaders except Geyah. I guess they could develop Jorin Deadeye, but i would rather see him as a second in command to Grom, along the lines of Magister Umbric and Captain Fareeya. Plus it would be cool to see there interactions, considering Kilroggs and Groms relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's a bit of a false premise though.

Let's say Blizzard decides to add AU orcs, it's very possible they only add the brown skinned clans. This is my prediction too. Blizzard has never been generous with customization options.

Or if they were to add Outland orcs, they can easily update it to include all the skin colors of the AU orcs. After all, an uncorrupted Shattered Hand is going to be pale regardless of AU or Outland.
    My working theory is that the remaining Mag'har of Outland will finally make the full exodus from Outland to Azeroth, to join the Horde proper and aid in the defense of Kalimdor in exchange for a new home away from their slowly disintegrating world. This would include many of the more illustrious members of the faction: Jorin Deadeye, Greatmother Geyah (if she is still alive), the Farseers of the Lightning Sons, and Bullrok. Hopefully as you said we might see updates to their textures to reflect the many clans who comprise the Mag'har - the Blackrock, the Shattered Hand, the Bleeding Hollow, and so on that will go on to expand the choices of appearances and stylistic options.

You're right, it wouldn't make sense for the entire Draenor Orc population to move to Azeroth. Just Grom and segments of the main Iron Horde clans that aren't represented on Azeroth that well (Thunderlords, Shattered Hand, Warsong, Blackrock). If it is Draenor Orcs the only leader i can think of is Grom, if anyone has other's, i'm interested in hearing them.

EDIT: Blackrock Orcs do have many major lore characters on Azeroth, but i can't think of any Warsong.
    Do Draenor Orcs really need a racial leader? We already have a MU Orc leader. I mean, Blizzard already has a hard time giving fair screentime to the current list of racial leaders, I feel forcing every allied race to have one would exacerbate that issue.For Nightborne/Void Elves it makes sense to have a different racial leader because they don't have a "parent" race but for like Orcs, Dranaei and Trolls? I think one is sufficient.

If they must have someoneto represent them, I would rather it be an entirely new character kinda like how Umbric came out of nowhere.

Btw MU Grom is literally my all time favorite character. I just think bringing back the AU version would ruin his legacy.
    Last edited by ello; 2018-02-16 at 08:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do Draenor Orcs really need a racial leader? We already have a MU Orc leader. I mean, Blizzard already has a hard time giving fair screentime to the current list of racial leaders, I feel forcing every allied race to have one would exacerbate that issue.For Nightborne/Void Elves it makes sense to have a different racial leader because they don't have a "parent" race but for like Orcs, Dranaei and Trolls? I think one is sufficient.
    If they put a leader for the LF they will do for the orcs, because of ~~consistency~~

Btw MU Grom is literally my all time favorite character. I just think bringing back the AU version would ruin his legacy.
    Grom legacy is alredy ruined by AU Grom and what thy did with Garrosh, at Least they could come up with a Good story to erase all the bullshit.

I am kinda hoping they'll leave AU Grom out of this. Having AU Grom walk around Orgrimmar would just feel like a joke. Better live MU Grom legacy and memory preserved.