Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ''Storyline was decent.''

Hahahahaha, stop smoking shit OP because you have shit taste in story in games alot!

Your taste sucks!

You don't know what actual good story in a game is.

So please, just stop talking. No one wants to hear on your BS opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    2005 WoW was complete and utter shit compared to what the game is now. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember or you forgot. The legendaries and artifact weapons system kind of has sucked, but all in all, WoW is a better game now than ever. For example, M+ is the best thing that has ever happened to WoW.
    That's just your opinion and for instance I think that your opinion is complete and utter shit. I'm PVPer and PVP hasn't been in a worse state. And the numbers prove it. Classes are braindead, templates destroyed customization, there is no balance, the rewards are RNG. So for me Legion is complete and utter shit compared to what the game was.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get over yourself dumbass no one needs your negativity and useless bullshit spewing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    So most of the players here seems to be praising legion to the skies, they can barely point out any problems with the expansion, and they have only positive words to say about it, to a point where it starts to become a little bit weird and slightly delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to give my honest review of the game, just to throw some counterweight out there.

The Good

The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad

Leveling was an awful experience. The quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and they gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The content was rugged to a point where you would often have to take a detour just to get to the desired location.

This is straight up bad game design, but it doesnt stop at that.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for a solo player after the expansion came out. As a solo player, you would have to go through an unecesarry amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were so terrible that you would have to go through a ton of toxic random dungeons, use your professions to craft almost all your own gear, buy your gear from the auction house and you would constantly hit a wall trying to raise your ilvl.

It honestly didn't feel like a challenge, it just felt like you were wasting more time than you should gearing up. People were complaining about it so blizzard "adressed" it by letting you buy the gear instead with nethershards.

This is a similarily bad game design to mists of pandaria, where you had to run around and kill frogs that would one shot you with poison. Theres no sense of progression, you just do the same mindless repetitive actions again and again to grind whatever currency blizzard wants you to grind.

The Ugly

LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting with a cheeky smile for you to come and kill them and grab their treasure.

PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Legendaries. We're being showered with them. I got my first legendary completely random from a boss in LFR. I didnt do anything to earn it myself, it just dropped randomly.

So im not going to go through a long questline, beat one of the hardest bosses in the game or do anything at all to rightfully earn myself a legendary? I just buy a lottery ticket and bam, theres my legendary. Are you kidding me?!

What's the point if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?

Well that's my 2 cents, you may agree or disagree with. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and honestly, while playing legion, i had several occassions where i thought blizzard is wasting my time on purpose just so my subscription runs out so they can make some more money.

While some of the players here can barely get their hands down from excitement, i have to say that for me, legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    1. Storyline was decent, ok agreed, and what "no exception" uhhh can you show me the AMAZING cinematics from the old expansions? that were anything compared to the legion cinematics? (Other then wrathgate, its cool but it has aged SUPER badly)

ok compeltly ignore how they have made non stop content, how the armor looks cool, how the zones look great, how world quests allow for alot more content, how class quests returned, how mythic plus added a new gearing system but ok whatever lets see.

1. leveling was aweful? uhh what? there was maybe 1 to 3 quests broken at launch... that is not "all quests horribly wrong" do you have any sources for the top point? i have leveled 12 races through and only 1 quest has proven buggy to me and its the one that intros you to stormheim.

2.straight up bad game design? you mean how in old expansions many more quests were bugged, or even the biggest companies like bethesda have game bugs...

3. what? legion has SOME OF THE EASIEST GEARING compared to ANY OTHER EXPANSION, why do you keep using these examples of "No expansion ever had this problem" Can you show me how gearing in vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop, and wod were all FAR easier to gear in?

4. uhhh what? again do you have ANY sources for this? because it seems your speaking about a problem "the whole world had" that no one had.

5. you didnt need to fight frogs... you could have fought anything, the frogs were some of the most efficient, and you got 1 shot by their posion? that is your fault man... you have to get 10 stacks to get killed, even as a fresh 90 i was able to kill them before they would kill me using stuns or slows.

ok the ugly
    1. lfr has allways been a joke, cata was the only time it was hard, and the loot system was absolute shit.
    but i do find it funny you say "a dificulty made for literally ANYONE to be able to be done, is able to be done by ANYONE this is stupid!"

2. debatable, vanilla and bc pvp was pretty trash

3. being showered? i woudlent call one ever 2+ weeks showered but ok... and yes you did earn it, you spent hours or your life doing content to get it.

4. lol wut? alright so you are saying "all legendaries must come from massive quest chains that come from the final boss of the expansion"
    ok
    thunderfury crafted after dropping from 2 mid bosses of the first raid, then go fight a raid boss in the world.
    Sulfuras, crafted, final boss of the very first raid.
    Warglaives, final boss of the second to last raid in the expansion, it just DROPS
    bow, drops off the final boss of the expansion NO QUEST, JUST DROPS
    valnyr, just randomly drops off bosses, then you kill the second to last boss of the raid.

so all those legendaries are horrible because they did not come from long epic quests that then needed you to beat the final boss of the expansion.

5. because they were meant to be more like old world epics, and they are, instead of being like old legendaries, they just have the orange text so that they can be obviously seen.

6. i think there is very few who agree with you, i am fine with people saying "legion is not my favorite" or "legion is low on my favorite list"

but you know someone is trolling/is not thinking straight
    if they say WOD is by far better then legion...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The only way for OP to have that experience would be to never play the game so yeah, bait.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    can agree on some points i also dont like how we get raid zones /argus/broken shore/ before the actual raid is out
    like sunwell
    ice crown citidal
    molten front
    orgrimmar offensive
    tannan
    suramar?

So most of the players here seems to be praising legion to the skies, they can barely point out any problems with the expansion, and they have only positive words to say about it, to a point where it starts to become a little bit weird and slightly delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to give my honest review of the game, just to throw some counterweight out there.

The Good

The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad

Leveling was an awful experience. The quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and they gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The content was rugged to a point where you would often have to take a detour just to get to the desired location.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for a solo player after the expansion came out. As a solo player, you would have to go through an unecesarry amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were so terrible that you would have to go through a ton of toxic random dungeons, use your professions to craft almost all your own gear, buy your gear from the auction house and you would constantly hit a wall trying to raise your ilvl.

It honestly didn't feel like a challenge, it just felt like you were wasting more time than you should gearing up. People were complaining about it so blizzard "adressed" it by letting you buy the gear instead with nethershards.

This is a similarily bad game design to mists of pandaria, where you had to run around and kill frogs that would one shot you with poison. Theres no sense of progression, you just do the same mindless repetitive actions again and again to grind whatever currency blizzard wants you to grind.

The Ugly

LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting with a cheeky smile for you to come and kill them and grab their treasure.

Legendaries. We're being showered with them. I got my first legendary completely random from a boss in LFR. I didnt do anything to earn it myself, it just dropped randomly.

So im not going to go through a long questline, beat one of the hardest bosses in the game or do anything at all to rightfully earn myself a legendary? I just buy a lottery ticket and bam, theres my legendary. Are you kidding me?!

What's the point if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?

Well that's my 2 cents, you may agree or disagree with. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and honestly, while playing legion, i had several occassions where i thought blizzard is wasting my time on purpose just so my subscription runs out so they can make some more money.

While some of the players here can barely get their hands down from excitement, i have to say that for me, legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    1- I played since day 1, I didn't have any problem with leveling, it was smooth and neat.
    2- I was able to que for LFR as soon as it came out, I didn't do normal or HC.
    3- I am a very very casual player, yet didn't feel the rush you felt, didn't face problems with gearing or questing.

Legion was the best xpac for solo players, grouping was never easier, content was never better polished and it kept steady stream of it.

So I do not share your opinion.

The only thing that i hated so much about this expansion was the legendary system...
    I really prefer the BC system... Legendary must mean LEGENDARY...
    When you inspected a rogue or a warrior back in BC and you saw the Illidan's warglaives you were... WOW he has killed Illidan and he HAS the legendaries....
    But now... a legendary is just an overpowered epic and nothing more...

Most of the other expansion was decent imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Legendaries, titanforging, the never ending daily quests ( emissarys / WQ), the simplistic rotations and further pruning (dumbing down) of the game, the forced AP grinds that got reset multiple times during the expansion. Also pvp has been pretty terrible.
    legenadries agreed
    titanforging agreed
    how is never ending content bad? ok.
    simplistic rotations? pfffft dude, you should look up the warlock rotations from vanilla, tbc, and wotlk...
    pruning is not dumbing down, more of removing stuff no one used, but BFA will be returning alot of stuff.
    forced Ap grinds? you mean how every expansion has "forced" gear grinding?
    also AP never got reset, what are you talking about?
    Pvp has ben bad, but it has been worst, like when mages or warlocks could 1 shot you, and rogues could keep you in cc 24/7 all well killing you, well in nothing but 2 grey daggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    That's just your opinion and for instance I think that your opinion is complete and utter shit. I'm PVPer and PVP hasn't been in a worse state. And the numbers prove it. Classes are braindead, templates destroyed customization, there is no balance, the rewards are RNG. So for me Legion is complete and utter shit compared to what the game was.
    Actually the balance is mathematically almost perfect now, with the new PvP system introduced with legion. Now in 2005, there was no balance whatsoever in PvP, holy shit. Nothing worked. So have fun on the 'Classic' servers my man. After getting stunned for 10 seconds by a Rogue or killed by a single Pyroblast one to many times, you'll return to current WoW.

ding dong the OP is wrong

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddya View Post
    The only thing that i hated so much about this expansion was the legendary system...
    I really prefer the BC system... Legendary must mean LEGENDARY...
    When you inspected a rogue or a warrior back in BC and you saw the Illidan's warglaives you were... WOW he has killed Illidan and he HAS the legendaries....
    But now... a legendary is just an overpowered epic and nothing more...

Most of the other expansion was decent imo.
    i would say BC is the worst expample
    because they dont work at them for all, it just... drops...
    i would say the wod and mop systems were the best.

there is a few versions of legendaries
    legions, random drops that are dropped to the person directly from anything
    burning crusade, drop off bosses
    wotlk-cata+vanilal Aetish= long quest chains that have stuff that drop from bosses, but only 1 person can do at a time, usually meaning you need to suck the gm off to get it.
    vanilla= crafted+gathering a rare drop from a boss or two

then my favorite
    mop+wod= an item that seemingly is worked upon throughout the whole expansion, with a long epic quest chain of collcting things, but unlike wotlk/cata, you are not competing against people for it, meaning you dont need to suck the Gm off to get it.

I will miss legiondaries. Even Sephuz. So ez to get leggos. In BfA I might not get one even

Bunch of subjective crap. There are no “worst” expansions, they’re all pretty much equal to me. It’s the specific changes that can actually be ranked. If an expansion was truly crap, you wouldn’t be here with an audience to complain about it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    We played the same game, but we have two vastly different opinions. If you get upset by someone elses opinion then a message board isn't for you.
    no one is mad at your opinion (except that for some reason you think WoD is better then Legion ,but refuse to explain why)
    people are mad that you are saying this is also A MAJORITY of wow players opinions
    Aslo MMOChamp "Praise" do you even look at these threads?
    you constantly make it seem like in your post that "Everyone had this problem" no, literally no one (like not even 1%) have had this problem, gearing is piss easy.
    My GF a hardcore roleplayer (as am i) is 930, and she hasent even cleared normal of any raid ever, nor has she even done a full LFR run.
    im 960 and havent even done a full heroic clear, and i spend about 75% of my time on wow roleplaying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Bunch of subjective crap. There are no “worst” expansions, they’re all pretty much equal to me. It’s the specific changes that can actually be ranked. If an expansion was truly crap, you wouldn’t be here with an audience to complain about it.
    ... except for wod?

Glad this thread didn't go how you wanted it.

Could only agree with legendaries, even then the reason they were a bad idea was due to having power behind them, not how much they dropped rofl

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually the balance is mathematically almost perfect now, with the new PvP system introduced with legion. Now in 2005, there was no balance whatsoever in PvP, holy shit. Nothing worked. So have fun on the 'Classic' servers my man. After getting stunned for 10 seconds by a Rogue or killed by a single Pyroblast one to many times, you'll return to current WoW.
    thats the thing, alot of people in PVP just want to curb stomp people, and now that stuff is on a more even playing feild, they cant curb stomp with their 50 more ilvl.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

This says it all.

Do you even PVP? The balance is far from perfect. There are classes and comps that are almost unbeatable. I agree that vanilla PVP was not balanced, but at least it was fun. Legion PVP in not balanced nor fun. And wtf are you talking about with the classic servers and me returning to current WOW? I'm playing Legion atm and I have BFA preorder. Typical fanboy mindset - he criticizes Legion, he must be vanilla fanboy.

Deleted

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

I do not reconize any of your points lol... so this is how opinions work hea? You also make a new alinea for every problem, but address the same problem. Now it looks like you have many point, but you dont. The legendary system sucks, thats all. The rest was awesome! Thats my few cents. Move on