Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    What's more of a headache is getting 90% unuseable drops on your runs before, not talking about raids as they still are RNG as usual.

Ever went to Molten Core and getting like 90% other class loot? Yes that's still the case and not enjoyable.
    Yes, I have had that happen, and it equates to gold in my bags from multiple pieces. This works out better than 1 drop, or none, for gold in my bags from 1 piece. If farming xmog, having more chances for that loot to drop is better than 1 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It was intentional, mentioned in the 7.3.5 patch notes.
    Yeah I figured it was, but they probably didn't intend for it to affect soloing legacy content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    Negative. Ninja loot is what I said it is. What you brought up is not ninja loot. Group leader has 100% say on what the loot is, that was Blizzard's stance from the get go, regardless of what was stated. Ninja loot is a specific term that refers to people looting stuff you killed in games where loot isn't even locked to you, it's totally open, that's something that just is not and never was possible on WOW. Group leader can do what they want, they are the leader of the group.

Of course people whined enough and now we all got personal loot forced on us if we pug, there was always a better solution to that, don't pug. And besides the vast majority of the time before personal loot got forced on everyone if the group leader wanted a specific item they would make it clear that the item was reserved so you knew ahead of time you weren't getting it.

Like I was in a guild in Nighthold and the last time I raided with them the leader was a total dick and kept mythic tier coins that I won to himself just to try to get titanforges. Literally nothing I could do about it. If you want to avoid those kind of issues, simply make your own groups or joining guilds with people you can trust was always the answer. But in a world where everyone wants instant gratification everyone who totally doesn't want personal loot at all has it forced on us now.
    Negative. Group leaders would advertise pugs as open rolls on loot and then take everything without warning. Don't really care what Blizzard's stance on that is. It's ninja looting. Guild members would also steal open loot and gguit which is more along the lines of what you are describing. Most of us refer to ninja looting as taking loot by deceiving the group, just plain old theft, or any similar variation so all of these examples apply. Go look up WoW Ninja looting on youtube. There are plenty of examples. The number of unrecorded incidents is probably astronomical. You won't find ninja looting in the dictionary so please don't try to apply some very specific definition to it.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2018-02-13 at 07:10 AM.

What's more of a headache is getting 90% unuseable drops on your runs before, not talking about raids as they still are RNG as usual.

Ever went to Molten Core and getting like 90% other class loot? Yes that's still the case and not enjoyable.
    Just don't pick it up. Solved.

You're also losing some gold by not picking it up.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Just don't pick it up. Solved.

You're also losing some gold by not picking it up.
    I don't come to old dungeons to farm gold, there's better time methods for that.

If I need 1 item off a boss, I rather get 1 out of 1-5 items, instead of 1 out of 15.

Like I said before, they should remove the "boss drops only gold" thing when soloing old 5 man content, and drop an item 100% of the time. (7.3 had it right with 100% drop for Eastern Kingdoms dungeons, yet 7.3.5 decided to add RNG "here's 5 gold instead of an item")

Now the 7.3 change was possibly unintended as all other continents had group loot at the time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It may be a stupid change, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as the chicken-littles on WoW forums will insist that it is. About the only thing it effects is getting weapons not designed for your class/spec (a mage or warlock being able to pick up a strength sword, or a warrior getting a bow/staff). And considering those things are few and far between in dungeons as it is, if you really want to get them, you should be running it on a class that can actually loot them.
    Not being controversial for the sake of it and I understand it's only targeting a small section of the player base but in terms of transmog I have to say it's pretty big.

I don't come to old dungeons to farm gold, there's better time methods for that.

If I need 1 item off a boss, I rather get 1 out of 5 items, then 1 out of 15.
    Just don't pick those items up you don't need then. ./solved.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just don't pick those items up you don't need then. ./solved.
    You clearly didn't read my posts, it's not about gold or bag space or whatever.

Imo the best system would be for the game to detect someone is soloing a 5 man, and then drop like 2-3 personal loot items 100% of the time, per boss, but sadly Blizz won't be that generous.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 12:05 PM.

You clearly didn't read my posts, it's not about gold or bag space or whatever.

Imo the best system would be for the game to detect someone is soloing a 5 man, and then drop like 2-3 personal loot items 100% of the time, per boss, but sadly Blizz won't be that generous.
    You're right, so its useless to mention it here.

There was no reason to force us all into PL. It served no real, good purpose.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're right, so its useless to mention it here.

There was no reason to force us all into PL. It served no real, good purpose.
    I'm all for them to offer the toggle option, give people what they want. Especially in custom/solo groups.

(and no need for hiding those toggle options behind some group finder groups either)

The main reason they added personal loot was for the dungeon finder system, Group Loot is outdated, now multiple people can get an item off the same boss.

They clearly didn't change the system with Transmog/Solo farming in mind.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-13 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The old system only got abused in the range of gameplay regarded by teh devs as not mattering (thus why it took half a fucking decade to make any headway on it)

So forgive me if I don't take kindly to your remark of "It sucks but deal with it" since they already put in the fucking extra work to 'fix' something that wasn't broken because something ELSE was getting abused.
    They didn't put in the extra work to fix that. They created the feature for higher levels and merely expanded it. I hate it too, and a work around shouldn't be needed. However, people ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaby View Post
    For those who farm old dungeons for xmogs, how do you feel about the recent update that force players to use personal loot during solo-play?
    It's stupid and I at least want an official clarification on mounts and things like mounts: is the chance to get them now 1/5 of what it was or is it the same? If the chance got lowered, I want it compensated back to where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Dafuq?

Thread is talking about solo content being affected.

You should read the OP again and adjust your comments in future to reflect that.
    My comments are adjusted just fine to it. Cause and effect my friend. Cause: people abused the system. Effect: We now have to put up with personal loot in solo gameplay. People abused the system and therefore, we are now impacted in solo gameplay as well.

Nothing happens without a reason. Its good to talk about the cause to try to understand the effect and how best to proceed in dealing with the effect. Right now, we only have one solution, and that is being in a raid group.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    My comments are adjusted just fine to it. Cause and effect my friend. Cause: people abused the system. Effect: We now have to put up with personal loot in solo gameplay. People abused the system and therefore, we are now impacted in solo gameplay as well.
    What the hell are we funding a full-blown development team for if they cannot fix an issue without harming us in other ways?

If there is an issue, go ahead and fix it, but don't break other things.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What the hell are we funding a full-blown development team for if they cannot fix an issue without harming us in other ways?

If there is an issue, go ahead and fix it, but don't break other things.
    We pay for access to the game. We don't get to decide what they do or how they do it. Some like it, others don't. We are just along for this crazy ride. I had wanted them to fix the old system for awhile, and even spoke about it on the forums. Obviously they ignored that and think that this is the best solution. They have been doing things to hinder solo play for awhile now. Including reducing the gold gained from kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    just make it so if you walk in, it's standard group loot, if queued through LFD it's personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    We pay for access to the game. We don't get to decide what they do or how they do it. Some like it, others don't. We are just along for this crazy ride. I had wanted them to fix the old system for awhile, and even spoke about it on the forums. Obviously they ignored that and think that this is the best solution. They have been doing things to hinder solo play for awhile now. Including reducing the gold gained from kills.
    You can pay for whatever you want, but I am paying for content and quality experience and this includes being careful not to break things when you are fixing other things. I get that we have no say apart from unsubbing, but the point is that they did a bad job here and there is no need to be talking about how we don't get to decide bla bla bla, it's irrelevant. Bad job, end of story. Should fix.

And by the way, if they try to hinder solo play too much, they will lose 90% of the players and they know it.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-02-13 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    The other day i wanted to farm a one handed sword in a BC dungeon.
    I went there with my Demon Hunter since it said on the appearance tab i could use it.
    But i noticed something strange. So i opened the dungeon journal...and i couldnt get the sword because it was an intelect sword!

So pretty much i needed to log in on my Monk and change the loot for Healer.

This change is pretty annoying for people without alts since we cant even get stuff that we can clearly use in the appearance tab.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    not at all, since you dont get credit for xmog on things you cant use, you are on your warrior and that awesome cloth robe drops you get no credit for it.
    I don't give a f*ck about what can or can't drop.. I am only ever interested in what I can use myself as I don't alt at all. However, personal loot is a binary choice between "get 1 piece of loot or get none"... while in group loot you have multiple items dropping and you can need and thus win multiple items at once.. (that and there is at least always loot dropping even if it is just vendor stuff)...