Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, screw you, don't ban the cheeseburger.

Secondly, the fuck is up with chocolate milk in a happy meal? An american thing? That can stay away without complaint.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think a better option would be to offer healthier options for kids. Their menu has a couple of OK things health-wise for adults but no main item on the kids menu.

Example: Baked fries, grilled chicken "tenders" more like chopped chicken breast than their mcnuggets. Veggie burger. More whole fruit options.
    Baked Fries - Gross and not crispy
    Grilled Chicken tenders - boring and tasteless unless you drench them in some kind of sauce which would then make them unhealthy
    Veggie burger - disgusting, nothing like a real burger taste or texture wise, and kids will never eat one

If youre going out to eat, its ok to eat good, tasty food. If youre doing it too often, that's not anyone's responsibility but youre own. They already replaced the fries with apple slices or gogurt, now they take away the chocolate milk and cheeseburger. Why not take away the toy too because that promotes a sedentary lifestyle while they sit and play with it.

Why not just serve your kid a bowl of lettuce and bottle of water for every meal??

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Time to introduce burgers made out of insects, it'd cut down the fat a lot.

Also much cheaper and easier to produce then beef.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-16 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    http://wishtv.com/2018/02/15/mcdonal...cheeseburgers/

I honestly dont care what McDonalds does but I do think they are peddling bullshit here. So their plan to provide "healthy" food for kids is to take their already shitty burger and remove the redeeming part of it? I know when I was a kid if I went to McDonald's it was for a treat, you told me I couldn't get cheese and I was like "then why are we going?" You mean you get a soda and my choice is water or whatever? Take me home, please.

The article already cited that McDonald's is serving up less Happy Meals (but I think they are doing good in other areas), so that tells me that kids aren't really feeling McDonald's anymore because McDonald's keeps fucking with the kids meal. The toys are probably shitty anyway. Im trying to wrap my head around McDonald's real game here, like do they actually want to attract customers?
    McDonalds and Healthy in the same sentence, hah! If that’s what they want to do, I don’t care. I still don’t go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I know Burger King has veggie burgers not sure how healthy they are but that’s where I personally go when I want a burger. Though there different in Canada then in America, the American ones have peas and what not in them so mabye there healthier over there.
    Yeah, and they sell about 3 of them each month (probably all to the same person)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They need to ban fast food period, god knows how people eat that stuff... Yuk ;P
    Or at least swap the trend of healthy food being twice or triple as expensive as junk food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    https://20somethingfinance.com/ameri...vity-vacation/

No Colonel Sanders you're wrong. Mamma's right.

Now being overworked and using fast food to please the kids. Ain't a huge percentage. If childhood obesity is a huge concern why not incentivize being at a healthy weight somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Strike off the ice cream. Their machine never works.
    Most of the "broken" iced dairy dessert (not enough cream in it to legally be called ice cream), machines work just fine. There is just a bunch of lazy assed teens working there that don't want to clean it (or they cleaned it 3 hours before close so they can go home as soon as the door is locked) so they tell you its broken

If only the McDonald's in the US were all like that one in Hong Kong:

10+ Year Old Account
    Restaurant appeals to consumer base due to declining sales and market trends

more news at 11

Now Ollie with the weather

ITS A HURRICANE!

Ty Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    First of all, screw you, don't ban the cheeseburger.

Secondly, the fuck is up with chocolate milk in a happy meal? An american thing? That can stay away without complaint.
    Chocolate milk is much better than soft drink. Never had a milkshake with a burger before?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    http://wishtv.com/2018/02/15/mcdonal...cheeseburgers/

I honestly dont care what McDonalds does but I do think they are peddling bullshit here. So their plan to provide "healthy" food for kids is to take their already shitty burger and remove the redeeming part of it? I know when I was a kid if I went to McDonald's it was for a treat, you told me I couldn't get cheese and I was like "then why are we going?" You mean you get a soda and my choice is water or whatever? Take me home, please.

The article already cited that McDonald's is serving up less Happy Meals (but I think they are doing good in other areas), so that tells me that kids aren't really feeling McDonald's anymore because McDonald's keeps fucking with the kids meal. The toys are probably shitty anyway. Im trying to wrap my head around McDonald's real game here, like do they actually want to attract customers?
    Reading failure? The article explicitly states you can still ask for soda and a cheeseburger, they just took it off the menu so people are less likely to order them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So how does this stop people from geting thoses things just outside of happy meals?
    What would you expect McDonald's to do about that?

Here's an extraordinary idea for worrisome parents... don't get your children junk food?

That's like complaining to a sweet store about too much sugar...

Always these idiots that expect others to tailor to them because they're too fucking lazy and/or stupid to think for themselves. Never the fault of the "clueless" parent...

If anything, parents of obese young children (ESPECIALLY THOSE FUCKING ASSHOLES THAT BRING THEIR MICHELIN MASCOT CHILD TO PLACES LIKE MCDONALDS) need to be fucking charged for neglect of their children's health and well being. Find such parents to be beyond disgusting and abhorrent.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-02-16 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Most of the "broken" iced dairy dessert (not enough cream in it to legally be called ice cream), machines work just fine. There is just a bunch of lazy assed teens working there that don't want to clean it (or they cleaned it 3 hours before close so they can go home as soon as the door is locked) so they tell you its broken
    Are you sure about that, the website calls it reduced-fat ice-cream so maybe it's just in your state. Didn't you also claim they didn't make "milkshakes" because your state has a weird definition of what makes a milkshake?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Are you sure about that, the website calls it reduced-fat ice-cream so maybe it's just in your state. Didn't you also claim they didn't make "milkshakes" because your state has a weird definition of what makes a milkshake?
    Which state does he ostensibly live in, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Grilled Chicken tenders - boring and tasteless unless you drench them in some kind of sauce which would then make them unhealthy
    Honey goes pretty well with Chicken Nuggets and would probably be good with Grilled Chicken Tenders. Doubt that's really unhealthy. (Although the kids do have to be a certain age)

Is it really that hard to order a cheeseburger from the value menu instead? Not that there is really any value to it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Is it really that hard to order a cheeseburger from the value menu instead? Not that there is really any value to it lol.
    People are still aloud to order cheeseburgers with Happy Meals. All McDonalds are doing is taking the word "cheeseburger" off the menu, the hope is that by not putting the suggestion in people's mind they'll go for the slight less fatty non-cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think a better option would be to offer healthier options for kids. Their menu has a couple of OK things health-wise for adults but no main item on the kids menu.

Example: Baked fries, grilled chicken "tenders" more like chopped chicken breast than their mcnuggets. Veggie burger. More whole fruit options.
    Not that I love McDonalds, but I believe they offer fruit in place of fries, and yogurt as well. I think you order an entree and then have the option of fries, yogurt or some sort of fruit cup. At least in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    People are still aloud to order cheeseburgers with Happy Meals. All McDonalds are doing is taking the word "cheeseburger" off the menu, the hope is that by not putting the suggestion in people's mind they'll go for the slight less fatty non-cheeseburger.
    Oh I see, so there is just no promoting it. Seems like a pointless change, outrage culture is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Oh I see, so there is just no promoting it. Seems like a pointless change, outrage culture is ridiculous.
    Not in the slightest. Advertising plays an incredibly huge role in determining consumer habits, and changing or limiting the scope of advertising has proven fairly effective at combating undesirable trends.

This is why tobacco products aren't permitted to be advertised; nor should alcohol or pharmaceuticals, to boot.

I don't have an issue with McDonalds advertising in general, but what they need to stop is trying to market towards children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.