Thread: Vanilla add-ons

Vanilla add-ons

I started vanilla in 2005. While I have fond memories, my memories of the systems are fragmented. Though I am certain add-ons did exist. The exact details as to which ones specifically escapes me. Some of the popular ones in thinking of are ezdismount, xperl, mail mod, mob health and bar mods and others. Should/are these available or should blizzard lop these in as a toggleable option in the interface as a "QoL" of sorts. These are not new and they existed alongside the game. Some might argue that blizz didn't make these but they have implemented other popular mods in later years. I'm not here to argue if this is vanilla or Not, just what do you honestly think. Since the mods did exist

a lot of private server players are using mods developed for Ace2, which didn't existed in Vanilla. This works because a lot of 1.12 servers are realized on TBC-Platforms. Furthermore some programers invented a Ace2 version for vanilla private servers which actually used a vanilla-core.

the ace2 libary was necessary for most of the first real good QoL addons in TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the 13 years of experience AddOn developers have had with the classic interface and newer frameworks (like Ace2), it's likely there will be considerable more powerful addons released for Classic than the original game.

Decursive, HealBot and PallyPower will be the least of the concerns if Blizzard doesn't tighten up the interface.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

5+ Year Old Account
    Many addons that work in private vanilla servers are unlikely to work on classic beucase it is highly unlikely that Blizzard will allow such an unrestricted API that vanilla had.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I hope my druid model edits work!

Trying to tank in tight quarters with a huge bear ass in my face is really annoying.

Oh look, weekly "Vanilla addons" thread

addons are useless mate, go vanilla raw with skill

Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

Trying to tank in tight quarters with a huge bear ass in my face is really annoying.
    Most likely won't.

Classic will use the same client as we do for Legion/BfA, so all sorts of reverse engineering of the client/data or injection/model editing is extremely hard and too time consuming without the proper tools(which only Blizzard has). This was implemented in 7.3 due to Blizzard no longer supporting Windows XP/Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    addons are useless mate, go vanilla raw with skill
    yea, sure.... skill.... stunlock rogues and overpowered arms warriors, facemelt shadowpriest , yep skills!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellzy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Most likely won't.

Classic will use the same client as we do for Legion/BfA, so all sorts of reverse engineering of the client/data or injection/model editing is extremely hard and too time consuming without the proper tools(which only Blizzard has). This was implemented in 7.3 due to Blizzard no longer supporting Windows XP/Vista.
    And not to mention, against the ToS because eiditing .MPQ-files can be done for nefarous reasons aswell.

i.e Make black lotus 5m high so its easier to spot, etc.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis