Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    ok lets all pause for a second, who the hell wants to see a mysterio movie? morbius sure could be interesting same with kraven, but really mysterio? who is bloody lamer then mysterio.
    i would love to have mysterio be the villain in a spider-man film. especially if they brought in doctor strange.

honestly on their own there are very few villains id watch a movie about.

its like if dc started making movies about batman villains outside of the dccu.

lets make a riddler movie without batman, or a scarecrow origin movie.

that type of shit works for tv shows and the best of the best.

what the fuck is the kraven movie even going to be about? him hunting a monster in africa or some shit? or just him plain hunting people but not spider-man?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I saw it. No-spoiler useful information:

1. Is it good? Yes it is.
    2. Should I watch it in theaters? Yes, the look of Wakanda, costumes etc are amazing.
    3. Any required MCU reading? None, although of course Civil War helps.
    4. Cameos/teases? Minimal, this movie is very self-contained.
    5. End credits scenes? Two, the mid-credits is an epilogue to the film and the end credits is a mild tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i was tripping balls when i watched it but black panther is my new favorite movie.

best villain hands down in any marvel movie, had a totally different feel than the other movies. my only problem with it is i feel they killed off too many characters
    I can't believe they killed Klaw. He stole every fucking scene he was in.

Put some music on! It's not a bloody funeral!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm probably going to see it on saturday. I really liked Black Panther as a vengeful but wise king in Civil War, and I hope it brings some of that.
    Don't worry, that's back. I was very happy with his portrayal, particularly the way he dealt with the villain in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I've been reading that they did a lot of work making a credible sympathetic villain.
    If written well, he should steal the show, or come close to it.
    I'll review it next Monday.
    Oh they sure did ahaha. I mean, he's an asshole, but you get why, and he does have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    It has a 90% black cast and every single strong character outside the black panthers are women. That's obviously way too leftist to some people
    Well there's also the king of the gorilla bros. Surely they'll like him :P

I actually wound up liking him by the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's impossible to judge this movie from the reviews alone. Many reviewers are praising the movie for just having a black superhero. Meanwhile most people don't really care about that sort of thing. Is the story compelling? Are the characters good? Is the plot contrived? People would rather know these things.
    But those are all spoilers :P

For the record, strong plot, fantastic characters (his supporting cast and the villains are all awesome). I found the story way more moving than I would've thought, just on the strength of the performances and how well everything was set up.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Did the media conveniently forget about the spawn and blade movies?

Black panther is like the 3rd or 4th black lead casted movie. Probably more im forgetting myself
    Steel? Ahaha. And a few other schlockers.

I think the answer is yes everyone forgot Spawn. And that he was black...

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Man these Deadpool promos are killing me.

- - - Updated - - -

i in fact will not, a mirror is about as cool of a villein as mysterio.
    At least admit he has a cool costume!
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-02-16 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I can't believe they killed Klaw. He stole every fucking scene he was in..
    part of me is hoping he comes back somehow.

unless they bring in namor theyve got almost no villains for black panther unless they take away from other heroes or make new ones.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    i would love to have mysterio be the villain in a spider-man film. especially if they brought in doctor strange.

what the fuck is the kraven movie even going to be about? him hunting a monster in africa or some shit? or just him plain hunting people but not spider-man?
    A leaven movie could be pretty good if they had him hunt venom like he recently did in the venom comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At least admit he has a cool costume!
    Mabye if he had a different hat, the one he uses ruins the costume.

Here hoping for a 'what the fuck Goonie?!' in deadpool, or 'bored of playing with RDJ'
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

You say that but they are making a Joker film outside the DCEU with michael scorsese directing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    You say that but they are making a Joker film outside the DCEU with michael scorsese directing.
    There's also a Harley Quinn solo movie isn't there? I mean they have 4 untitled movies scheduled for 2020, up from 1 this year and 2 next year
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

which is why i also said best of the best. a joker movie can work, it will most likely essentially just be a mobster movie with a bit more flair. harley quinn can also work if done right, these characters have deep enough wells to draw from for solo movies even without being attached to their main hero, theyve had enough individualized storylines or even solo books. venom on his own can work in a solo movie even if his origins make little to no sense, he has a healthy amount of solo runs and storylines to draw from i have very little faith in sony though.

but nobody wants to see a crazy quilt movie. which is essentially what sony is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok lets all pause for a second, who the hell wants to see a mysterio movie? morbius sure could be interesting same with kraven, but really mysterio? who is bloody lamer then mysterio.
    I would LOVE a Sinister 6 movie. That would be a good Spidey film.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the fake reviews are in!

NSFW

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B0658E3
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6c&oe=5B05B4D3 (source, and apparently this was fake too... I mean who the fuck takes a pic like that and not go to the hospital first)
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c2&oe=5B0F252E
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e2&oe=5B115758(source)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2018-02-16 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I would LOVE a Sinister 6 movie. That would be a good Spidey film.
    I’ve never been a big fan of the sinister 6. Sand man works the best when he’s on his own trying to do things for his daughter and not just being evil. Electro is kinda one note and doesn’t have much personality. Kraven is a mixed bag some times he’s really good some times he’s really bad. I think mistero is lame. I’ve never been really sure where I sit with doc ock I’ve liked him more since superior Spider-Man but he still seems iffy to me. The vulture I don’t have any fealings on but it seems unlike the current one we have in the mcu would join up for revenge.

To anyone who has seen the movie, I arrived late, because I had slept too long, had already bought the tickets prior to seeing it, missed probably the first 2 minutes of the movie, which isn't the big of deal but when you're a huge marvel fan like me I like to see the whole thing, what was the start? I arrived when the two warriors knocked on the door.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And the fake reviews are in!

NSFW

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...53&oe=5B0658E3
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6c&oe=5B05B4D3 (source, and apparently this was fake too... I mean who the fuck takes a pic like that and not go to the hospital first)
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c2&oe=5B0F252E
    https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e2&oe=5B115758(source)
    You would think people making fake reviews to try and start race stuff would try harder, I mean if I was a racist I’d go all out.

BP is way better than a parody called Ragnarok.

I'll watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    To anyone who has seen the movie, I arrived late, because I had slept too long, had already bought the tickets prior to seeing it, missed probably the first 2 minutes of the movie, which isn't the big of deal but when you're a huge marvel fan like me I like to see the whole thing, what was the start? I arrived when the two warriors knocked on the door.
    it was just some kids playing basketball and a "in the 90s" title and the two guys talking before they knock

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Black Panther, it was great. Evil Adonis Creed is win. Shuri is cute. Gold suit is pimp.
    Last edited by Clone; 2018-02-16 at 10:31 PM.

Really glad Cap and Bucky aka white people save the day didnt show up. Also glad there was no Tony would love to get his hands on this tech throwaway line,

- - - Updated - - -

also Precious got swole.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Copy-paste from the last movie you saw thread. Please don't kill me Immitis. I promise I love the MCU with all my heart but Black Panther was... garbage.

Black Panther: 4/10

Weakest entry in the MCU IMO. Had more technobabble "just go with it" nonsense than both Iron Man AND Guardians of the Galaxy. Characters were intensely uninteresting, Suri was the only character with a modicum of personality, and.. whoever... the Dore was that followed them around. Who was she? Uhh.. you got me on that, she looks exactly like all the others. Was she the one killed at the end? Was she the ex-girlfriend? Couldn't tell.

Erik's entire motive was hard to grasp. I... think... his motive was to overthrow the Wakanda monarchy and use Wakandan tech to make black people in America the new top dogs? Idk, he kept making allusions to the slave trade and his "oppressed brothers" but never flat out stated he was racist towards white guys, Disney not greenlighting controversial topics maybe?

Chadwick Boseman isn't present for 1/3rd of the movie, and is black panther for maybe 1/4th of that 2/3rd he's in it?

And the technobabble was absurd. Seriously, it was worse technobabble than Iron Man and Guardians. So they have this super metal that can basically do whatever they want. It can heal paralysis, create force fields, cloaking devices, can be refined into fertilizer to make a heart fruit send people into the afterlife. Can deflect bullets and absorb kinetic energy (which okay we already knew it could do that). Then it just gets.. ridiculous. Suri makes Iron Man and Rocket Raccoon look like morons because this metal, it's just SO POWERFUL BRUH.
    I liked the part especially when Suri says "it's not magic, it's advanced technology!" As if to break the fourth wall and tell people raising their eyebrows in the theater to just go with it.

Just having their tech consist of Vibranium-enhanced things would have been enough to show Wakanda is super advanced. C'mooon, all that nonsensical magical "tech" completely removed any sense of danger from the movie with Suri's go-go gadget Vibranium wonderall.

So the entire movie just felt like mumbling to me. *mumble mumble* Wakanda tradition *mumble mumble* hard to pronounce made-up words *mumble mumble* my dad did bad things *mumble mumble* time-space flux vibranium capacitator *mumble mumble*

All around just didn't really like this one, and I'm a guy who binges the MCU at least once every few months or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I really liked it. The villain's backstory, the stuff he did in the military after his dad was killed, was complete horseshit though. It was *fedora-tipping*/*teleports-behind-your-back*/*katana-slash*/"pshh, nuthin' personnel kid"-tier garbage. A scar per kill? Dude has million ritual scars on his body?. It was like "dangers of video games" PSA had sex with teenage edgelord's first World of Darkness character.
    Killmonger's character was like intense pandering to the hip-hop, gangster life African-American culture. Surprised he didn't shoot his guns sideways. He even spoke Ebonics for goodness sake.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-02-17 at 09:51 PM.

I liked it. Killmonger was a bit over the top with his combat skills and gangsta' ways tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

Killmonger's character was like intense pandering to the hip-hop, gangster life African-American culture. Surprised he didn't shoot his guns sideways. He even spoke Ebonics for goodness sake.

Bahahahahhahaha i haven't seen the movie, but tell me you are joking... because LOL!

Also: "I liked the part especially when Suri says "it's not magic, it's advanced technology!" Reminds of that line Thor says to Jane:

“Your Ancestors Called it Magic, but You Call it Science. I Come From a Land Where They Are One and the Same." Suri Argardian tier confirmed?