Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where is the outrage over updating Holy Paladin animations??

Every single class and spec has been updated, but Holy pally didn't get any updates. Our light of dawn is still 3 pixels, our wings haven't changed since BC, and our casting animations are still the same. Warlocks whined and whined and they finally got it, but no one is for holy! We need to riot!

Edit: I would whine on the official forums, but I was banned for telling the devs to fuck themselves over garrisons back in WoD.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-02-18 at 10:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone did find possible spellcaster updates "PalSpellWhatever" 1 & 2, similar to how "Pri" was for priest spellcasting. You can look them up on the Squid-face character model on MMO-champion - they do clearly have animations that involves holding a book in one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Someone did find possible spellcaster updates "PalSpellWhatever" 1 & 2, similar to how "Pri" was for priest spellcasting. You can look them up on the Squid-face character model on MMO-champion - they do clearly have animations that involves holding a book in one hand.
    but that wouldn't update light of dawn or wings.

What in particular would you like updated and what would you change about it? IE/ Wings should be more translucent and larger, idk

Where is the outrage over updating Holy Paladin animations??
    Probably because most of the new animations aren't even that good.

There's nothing wrong the the standard directional and omni cast animations... So obviously there shouldn't be any "outrage" over Blizzard not arbitrarily updating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Probably because most of the new animations aren't even that good.

There's nothing wrong the the standard directional and omni cast animations... So obviously there shouldn't be any "outrage" over Blizzard not arbitrarily updating them.
    Light of dawn is not "ok"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    What in particular would you like updated and what would you change about it? IE/ Wings should be more translucent and larger, idk
    Wings could flutter and maybe surge with power instead of just being static.

10+ Year Old Account
    warlocks don't have new casting animations either and so far only 3 spells have new animations ( 5 if you count conflag and immolate which have the same animation which incinerate also seems to use). All of those spells are for one spec too so you're still 2 specs ahead of us there.

Because we’re in the process of getting new animations.

Holy light has a new one where we’re holding an object (new cast as well). Object is most likely a tome. We also have another one that’s new but we haven’t seen what ability it belongs to yet.

So, people have been asking and making threads but the reason you don’t see too many now is because it seems like they’re in the process of working on holy Paladin animations.

Obviously it would be amazing to get an updated LoD and holy shock as well as wings however they’ve started with holy light so that’s all we know for now. Holy Paladins have so much potential for cool animations so hopefully they do some cool stuff.

Ideas for new animations/visuals:

Holy shock: an actual surge of holy light that we beam to the target instantly. That, or an aggressive animation when we’re attacking with holy shock like we used to have.

Light of dawn: Just needs a graphical update that makes it look less like a cone and more like a wave of holy light. The ability heals in a cone but it doesn’t need to look exactly like one. Though overall light of dawn isn’t terrible tbh.

Avenging Wrath: Could look like the Pvp talent avenging crusader where we become a translucent gold with beaming wings that are a bit bigger.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2018-02-17 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, Light of Dawn as a spell is not ok in general.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The ability heals in a cone but it doesn’t need to look exactly like one. Though overall light of dawn isn’t terrible tbh.
    That's my biggest problem with LoD. It does NOT heal in a cone in front of you, it heals in a VERY weird shape. Not only that, but it also heals BEHIND you a couple of yards.

You'd expect it to look like this, right?:

Well, you'd be wrong. In fact, it's much more like this:

I know, it's EXTREMELY stupid but that's exactly what it looks like, you should try it yourself but here's proof:

Anyway, on topic:

It's about time we get some new animations. I personally think wings look perfectly fine the way they are, but it would be cool if we actually got some light shine around us instead of just become slightly bigger while using them.

I saw the PalCast animations on a couple of the new mobs (most notably the squid-faced guys) and they look pretty dope. It would make a lot of sense to have them in Legion since The Silver Hand is a two hand with an actual Libram attached to it. I don't know if we're just gonna get a random tome when/if the new animations hit live.
    Last edited by Vordie; 2018-02-17 at 03:47 PM.

Honestly I'll be super sad if light of dawn goes away from the cone animation, like the warlords one sure it was fancy but we see those kind of effects everywhere, though I suppose it could end up looking out of place once we see everything else updated. I do have a sinking feeling they're going to go overboard on that new paint blob particle animation you can see on chaos bolt so we might end up playing splatoon with the raid.

I would like to see the animation we had for offensive holy shocks come back, I'm guessing they just ditched it when removing felflame but right now it feels incredibly awkward at least on humans, it's like you're trying to heal the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Well, you'd be wrong. In fact, it's much more like this:
    Mmm yeah, that combined with how it doesn't even scale up with lightbringer/rule of law it's not a very accurate animation at all. I do think the leniency was a nice change, but maybe it doesn't have to be that extreme.

I'm guessing most people are patiently waiting for their turn to be updated. Seems to be obvious that they are being done in a progressive manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao I didn't think of light of dawn, ya that needs an update badly. I think I've seen better flash light animations from 90s mystery games.

But ya wings fluttering would be cool, would be extra cool if it gave us levitation for the duration

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I don't play Pally or have a Pally alt is because I dislike the animation of Blade of Justice (?) - the one that my character raises his sword in one hand and the enemy is hit with a sword.
    That and the spinning hammers.

Deleted
    I agree, holy paladins animations are from vanilla while they updated even MoP ones before them, it's so disgusting that they chose to update every single specs before the one that needed the most.

I think there is a riot and frustration about it, it is just that all the complaints we can steam here wont have any effect i guess... and as a eu player posting on the blizz forum is pretty meh.
    We need pretty much every spell updated...

Warlocks whined and whined and they finally got it
    I laugh way too hard at this .. this is the summary of so many things lol

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're still working on them.

Every single class and spec has been updated, but Holy pally didn't get any updates. Our light of dawn is still 3 pixels, our wings haven't changed since BC, and our casting animations are still the same. Warlocks whined and whined and they finally got it, but no one is for holy! We need to riot!

Edit: I would whine on the official forums, but I was banned for telling the devs to fuck themselves over garrisons back in WoD.
    Outrage over lack of updated spell animations? Telling devs to go f themselves? You sound like a very mature and reasonable person. You go be outraged like the good lad you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Outrage over lack of updated spell animations? Telling devs to go f themselves? You sound like a very mature and reasonable person. You go be outraged like the good lad you are...
    Just saying that I have heard NOTHING about Blizzard having any intention to update holy paladins. Incredibly unfair that every single class and spec gets updated/is soon to be updated but it seems like they forgot holydins.

I am already salty with the way ret is looking in BFA.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-02-18 at 11:17 AM.