Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You can't really compare the content in WoW with PUBG which is basically the same map(s) over and over in the same game mode.

Why are you comparing their revenue when their budgets and costs of upkeep are nowhere near?
    it seems you didnt get the abstraction/example. i just wanna show here the well thought long term reasons, for a company like blizz, and why they no longer publish sub numbers.

anyway. it seems there is no benefit of discussing that with you. no offense, but i am out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    anyway. it seems there is no benefit of discussing that with you. no offense, but i am out here.
    Sure, happy trails.

I'm going to have to disagree. It's no mystery that the average human is pretty fucking dumb and seeing/hearing news of WoW subs increasing would put them in the " Oh wow it's popular again " mentality and they might come back.

And new players DEFINITELY care about how played a game is.

Look at PUBG, it's a filthy piece of shit that runs almost as bad as it did 1 year ago yet it jumped from 500K to 3 mil to 30 mil in this 1 year because people heard that it's popular and bought it without actually looking at all the flaws it has.
    Or maybe it's just a really fun game, despite it's flaws? Have you played it?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't really compare the content in WoW with PUBG which is basically the same map(s) over and over in the same game mode.

Why are you comparing their revenue when their budgets and costs of upkeep are nowhere near?
    Is that not also an apt description of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Or maybe it's just a really fun game, despite it's flaws? Have you played it?

- - - Updated - - -

I have 300+ hours on PUBG, it's full of bugs and the optimisation is trash. I am not disagreeing that it's fun but it still has massive flaws.

You're going to compare 2 PUBG maps to WoW's several continents and hundreds of dungeons?

I have 300+ hours on PUBG, it's full of bugs and the optimisation is trash. I am not disagreeing that it's fun but it still has massive flaws.

You're going to compare 2 PUBG maps to WoW's several continents and hundreds of dungeons?
    I don't know, look at the pvp. Is WoW pvp not playing the same maps for ages? Are we not doing generally same things with our characters, in every dungeon and raid? Sure, wow has more maps. But the maps generally don't matter in pve. I see a lot of similarities, personally.

@Brubear

First day selling means nothing. All Expansion launches were big, doesn't mean they have the players years after. Warlords of Draenor also had what, 10 mil people at launch and then went down.

If the game was doing good they'd make them public. You have nothing to hide unless it's bad.

What's the difference?
    Because people are less likely to pay for a sub for an extended period of time, then they are to get a game token for a month/pay for only a month or two, take a break, then come back later.

MMO playerbases have swapped from being long-term committed players (subscriptions), to cyclical levels that rise and fall. So instead of looking at the sub numbers, you look at how many people have been actually playing the game over the course of a month, which is also a better indication of health because then it shows whether people are actually playing the game instead of merely paying a sub for something they aren't using. MAU combined with microtransactions (faction/race change, level boosts, mount/pet store) are numbers that investors will be more concerned about because they tend to show whether users are actually engaging with the game.

I don't know, look at the pvp. Is WoW pvp not playing the same maps for ages? Are we not doing generally same things with our characters, in every dungeon and raid? Sure, wow has more maps. But the maps generally don't matter in pve. I see a lot of similarities, personally.
    That would apply to literally every game ever made, apart from No Man's Sky I don't know any game that has infinite maps.

You cannot compare WoW to PUBG, WoW has thousands of hours of content. In PUBG it's the same thing over and over again. It never changes.

And PvP is just a small part of WoW.

Make games as frustratingly RNG as possible so that people will keep playing because they will never get the items they want.

Quote Originally Posted by sadsasxy View Post
    Post exact numbers, shit eating retard
    Well, if you ask so eloquently, how could I refuse?

Overwatch was a boom and then it started to die down, Heroes of the Storm is dying, Starcraft/Diablo are basically dead franchises and WoW is so low on subs they won't tell us the numbers and they're relaunching Vanilla to get them back.

It's pretty obvious they're not doing as well as they were years ago.
    They're desperately trying to make money right now via micro-transactions. Instead of giving characters new customization options, they put the new options behind a new race to encourage race changes. Instead of actually revamping leveling to be fun, they made it a boring miserable grind to sell more boosts.

HoTS literally relaunched itself to add loot boxes, and SC2 added micro-transactions. Its just them desperately grabbing for anything they can get their hands on.

Players are smart though, eventually they will realize they're getting screwed. Eventually they will realize that the game does not need yet another store mount when it already costs 90 dollars for the box + a 15 dollar monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They're desperately trying to make money right now via micro-transactions. Instead of giving characters new customization options, they put the new options behind a new race to encourage race changes. Instead of actually revamping leveling to be fun, they made it a boring miserable grind to sell more boosts.

HoTS literally relaunched itself to add loot boxes, and SC2 added micro-transactions. Its just them desperately grabbing for anything they can get their hands on.

Players are smart though, eventually they will realize they're getting screwed. Eventually they will realize that the game does not need yet another store mount when it already costs 90 dollars for the box + a 15 dollar monthly sub.
    Gamers are fucking stupid. In Black Desert the average player spends far more than 100$ on pay to win items. Many have spent thousands. This to me makes it clear idiots who spend money on microtransactions will always exist.

That would apply to literally every game ever made, apart from No Man's Sky I don't know any game that has infinite maps.

You cannot compare WoW to PUBG, WoW has thousands of hours of content. In PUBG it's the same thing over and over again. It never changes.

And PvP is just a small part of WoW.
    Yes, I can. I just did.

To your point, yes all games are repetitive. That was my point all along.

To your point, yes all games are repetitive. That was my point all along.
    They aren't -as- repetitive.

Yes, I can. I just did.
    And it's a bad comparison.

They aren't -as- repetitive.

And it's a bad comparison.
    And I'm doing it anyway. So there.

ROFL

Deleted
    Post exact numbers, shit eating retard
    I covered it back in this thread which got closed because it was too close to the truth. The numbers were based on websites looking for capped active players and guildmates.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hole-of-the-EU

closed because its too truth! Hahahah!

- - - Updated - - -

What are you waiting for?
    Or are you just pulling shit ouf of your ass?
    There's nothing to wait for, they aren't releasing numbers anymore. Which means they're doing badly. Any game doing well would flaunt their user number.

So you are just talking out of your ass? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    It's called common sense. If they don't want to show numbers, they must be low.