Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    If MoP wasn’t filler then we haven’t had a filler expansion.
    Which we haven't, so makes sense.

MoP was when they really started to have the story carry over between expansions at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Don't be hoodwinked by the impressive cinematic and superficial race changes(which are mostly re-skins of current models). It is just a minor one before the next major expansion. Looking at current developments and previous presentations, there really is nothing much. Plus Ion is still in charge. It is still gonna be an rng-fest like they've already indicated and raid or die design philosophy. And yes, PvP is still gonna be completely rotten. So don't get your hopes too high up.
    My hopes are where they need to be, maybe you should at least pull yours a little up the hole. As well, just because Ion is in charge, doesn't make it a filler, no does RNG. I do love how you have inside knowledge about PvP without it being an active topic yet.

My question is, you've been burnt by hype before, haven't you?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Wasn't MoP seen as a filler expansion too? And isn't that one the last proper WoW expansion?
    Yeah, and wod was built up as the "return to the old ways" expansion, and see how they both turned out. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    MoP was a filler expansion too so..
    This is so retard that probably your parents are siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Don't be hoodwinked by the impressive cinematic and superficial race changes(which are mostly re-skins of current models). It is just a minor one before the next major expansion. Looking at current developments and previous presentations, there really is nothing much. Plus Ion is still in charge. It is still gonna be an rng-fest like they've already indicated and raid or die design philosophy. And yes, PvP is still gonna be completely rotten. So don't get your hopes too high up.
    Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
    This is so retard that probably your parents are siblings.
    When facts trigger you so hard, that you just gotta make an alternative account just so you can burn the person responsible.

OP I don't think you know what filler means.

On topic I've preordered it because I know I'll be playing on launch. If I don't enjoy it then I'll unsub until the next expansion. Simple as that really.

OH LOOK, A THREAD OF ASSUMPTIONS FROM THE MOUTH OF A PESSIMIST. WHERE HAVE I SEEN THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY ON MMOC?

Let's try to at least make assumptions that are loosely based on fact @OP. Your opinion is nice and all but you're clearly just venting some random frustration rather than providing real discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is and always was RNG... I mean really... Legendaries always were overwhelmingly RNG drops (and MUCH worse at that), gear dropping always RNG - you can sit there on your ass waiting for something to drop forever and it may never drop, even bloody damage was and is RNG.

I am pretty surprised when people claim as if Legion is some super-uber RNG, where it is effectively one of the least RNG expansion out there - you are guaranteed to have your set, you are guaranteed to get your legendaries, you have a weapon given to you just like that. All these things you needed to pray for to get previously.

Filler isn't just stories a particular viewer doesn't like that much.

Take a look at some of teh arcs in One Piece. There's a filler arc that is so much better than it's adjacent canon arcs that most people not aware of it mistake the canon arcs for the filler. Sadly such examples are few and far between... Filler normally winds up being the beach/festival/onsen/vacation/trip side story

Filler: A part of a TV-show/comic/manga or the like which has no bearing on the plot and is never brought up again outside of other filler. If it were to be removed nothing of value would be lost.

The only part of WoW in which I can say this fits the most is Vanilla and WoD. With Vanilla I cannot think of a single instance of something which has affected any of the larger storylines (as Onyxia's death was retconned into Varian killing her)... C'Thun I guess? So that one part then. WoD is so close to be absolute filler if it weren't for that pesky little problem of Cordana and AU Guldan playing a minor and major role respectively in Legion...

And since BFA will have stuff dealing with the Naga and the Queen herself becoming an active force, we can already dismiss the notion of filler

I agree to OT, it will offer more content with AR unlocking, but basically be WoD.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This is a bait thread but you’re very wrong:

1. There’s a really nice change coming for pvp and that’s adding gear back to vendors (meaning you buy gear with currency again) and it influences your stat templates. So now if you actually play the game you have an advantage which is fantastic. However I’m not sure how it’ll affect pvp overall but having gear progression back is great and could bring back more people. We’ll see.

2. BFA has so much less RNG than legion does. 3 main pieces of gear that can’t titanforge, weapons can’t titanforge, Titanforging chance reduced, no RNG legendaries. That’s a ton of RNG that’s gone from the expansion and it’s fantastic.

3. There’s actually incentive to mythic raid again. Azerite Armor can’t titanforge so the pieces will be BiS from mythic and the 9 traits that each of these pieces have is better based on ilvl, which makes the mythic Azerite Armor a lot better than any of the other difficulties. Azerite Armor alone adds 2-3 reasons why you’d want to run mythic if you care about progressing your character and being the best you can, something missing from legion.
    I don't mind RNG but grinding gear from dungeons and being able to get vendor gear is nice, its good to go into dungeons and actually find replacement gear entirely, not just forever upgrading the same item, people should actually think about stat weights a bit more against primary starts and secondary stats once more.

What I dislike is actually being able to have perfect gear for a given class, this was never possible before and now it is, there should always be a reason to replace your gear entirely.

I don't mind RNG if something doesn't drop for you from a given boss from its loot table, but thats fine, theres next week and the one after, there will be an alternative piece away from your bis from somewhere else, side grades should be a thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Bfa looks like wod 3.0. Diablo rngtrash gambling garrison table expansion.
    Piece of garbage
    So lets just get this out of the way. There is no Garrison table system in BfA that was announced at Blizzcon. There is no RNG other than Titan and Warforge (which have been in the game since MoP) because there are no legendaries anymore. Not really sure how gambling has anything to do with it.

Sit and complain about "retail" WoW all you want, it is still the best MMORPG out there. Name one that's better. I'll wait. Oh that's right you can't name a single one. Sure I bet you can find one that you "like" more, but that doesn't change the fact that WoW has been King for 13 years and will continue to be in the future. Combat is tight, there's so much content to do its ridiculous and everything is smooth like butter. If you're so against WoW get off the forums?

There's no such thing as a filler expac imo
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15701390050
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7960706150
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/18300416647
    http://fortiscoregaming.com/article/...s-a-filler-arc
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12989319450
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759405851
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/19288208898
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...packs-in-a-row

You know how many times people have said that about nearly every expansion? The term wasn't used as much from Vanilla-Cata, until MoP came around and some super serious people didn't like pandas, so the entire plot and gameplay was considered "filler" to only those people. The term, at this point, means nothing in the WoW community, when it can mean everything.

"Filler" would be a story that doesn't ever really conclude, with a story that has no consequence. "Filler" would be unchanged gameplay. It would be an expansion made solely for the game to continue, with no passion in it's development or fanbase. The closest to "filler" we ever got was WoD - and even then I wouldn't consider that a "filler" expansion, it just wasn't as well-made. There were consequences to those bad guys, and the story pushed into Legion. People were originally super excited to see the Warlords, especially on this forum. It was just abandoned early (and not very fun to boot), but that doesn't make the lessons learned from it worthless.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Nothing you just said was even remotely correct. Filler isn't what YOU think, please rethink your idea of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I always get a big laugh when that sig is posted here. Thanks.
    The entire Legion expansion has moved us toward destroying the Burning Legion (which we did) and moving our focus on the Void. Now BFA comes out and they want us to fight each other, no mention of the void, and the big feature to draw us in is random island fights? Sounds like filler to me. If it isnt advancing the main story (taking on the void) it is a filler. Blizz has a habit of this. They made us go through 5 expansions to finally continue the Burning Legion story.

EVERY expansion should continue the story from the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    WoD was not Filler, neither will BfA be.

Idiots without a clue call expansions "filler" just because they don't like the theme (MoP)or how the expansion was handled (WoD, Legion, Cataclysm)...
    Sorry but WOD was straight up filler. They did the questing experience and then just gave up on the rest. WoD is the only filler expansion in my opinion. Cata was bad, but it was not because they gave up on it. It was because I thought the content was not fun, and what they were trying to do just did not work.

WAY too early for anyone to declare BfA a filler.

Deleted
    MoP was a filler expansion and the lighthearted atmosphere was something I really enjoyed. IMO best expansion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The entire Legion expansion has moved us toward destroying the Burning Legion (which we did) and moving our focus on the Void. Now BFA comes out and they want us to fight each other, no mention of the void, and the big feature to draw us in is random island fights? Sounds like filler to me. If it isnt advancing the main story (taking on the void) it is a filler. Blizz has a habit of this. They made us go through 5 expansions to finally continue the Burning Legion story.

EVERY expansion should continue the story from the previous one.
    I would not be so sure. Void is much more sinister and roundabout about the things it does, they don't do this whole hulk smash thing like Legion and I imagine this whole thing going on is a setup.