Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he's like Tennisace basically. I rarely come around here anymore, but when I do I'm always stunned to see Tennis is still here posting all night and day under the guise of not being a troll. Gotta be the content aggregator for MMO-C. This guy seems similar, but he isn't posting random news articles from places no one has heard of with his shit post. Both of these guys get off on the idea of riling everyone up into fighting with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Nothing wrong with mixing, but is a problem when someone from another culture is forcing their beliefs onto you. Western culture is the stronger culture as it consumes and replaces everything in it's path, while adding what pleases it to itself. Which is why something like Japanese culture is picked apart for things like Anime and easily added to Western Culture, while Islam has nothing to offer.
    Islam's preservation and continuation of the work of classical scholars was largely responsible for bringing Europe out of the Dark Ages. But sure, anime is definitely a bigger deal...

A lot of people here are called anti immigrant but in reality just want immigrants that are taken in to be required to integrate into our society, specifically in how they treat women as a culture.

That is apparently too much to ask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Except much of the middle east still live by the books which is absurd in this day and age.
    As do many in the Catholic strongholds of Ireland and Italy and the Evangelical heartland of middle America.

Their is also plwnty of hotspots of Orthodox Jews all over the UK who live almost entirely separated from the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    As do many in the Catholic strongholds of Ireland and Italy and the Evangelical heartland of middle America.

Their is also plwnty of hotspots of Orthodox Jews all over the UK who live almost entirely separated from the modern world.
    The problem is their particular set of religions that innately invoke violence by saying it is the final word of god.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    Being in the Canada, I am not anti-immigrant but I do want proper screening completed to make sure who we are letting will be an addition to the country, embrace the countries values and not be a burden to the system. We currently are having issues taking care of the people we currently have, so we should not be bringing in people that will lower our capability to care for what we have already here.

I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    Greece has been in a crisis since 2010. We have got 3,000,000 unemployed people and 4,500,000 people owe money to the Govt in the form of taxes that they cannot or will not pay.

Greece is a rocky country with little arable land and no industry to speak off. People live mostly from tourism. According to a former PM, there are 2,500,000 illegal immigrants in this country, 85% of whom are Muslim. Tourists don't want to visit Greek islands populated by Pakis, Bangladeshis, Sub-Saharan Africans and Arabs.

Can't blame them, and can't blame the locals for disliking illegal immigrants. They can't make a living with zero tourism.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Somehow I have the feeling you're being sarcastic. If not, then you surely don't read the news.

Take a look at the Greeks which for 400 years were under Ottoman empire ruling. You'd think they would have converted to whatever culture the Ottoman's had, but the Greeks had the stronger culture and was kept largely intact. The Greek culture is so strong that even the Romans had adopted it once they took control over Greece. Not that the Greeks didn't leave without some aspects of the Ottoman culture as a lot of their food is a derivative of Ottoman food.

Western culture today is like Greek culture of the past. It is stronger and will likely consume and dispose of other cultures.
    This is not true my friend. I wish some Turkish poster was here to explain to you, but the truth is that a HUGE number of Eastern Roman Greeks ("Byzantines") converted to Islam and became Ottoman and then Turkish after a couple of generations.

Sometimes when I travel to Turkey and I walk the street people just talk Turkish to me as they think I am a local. Same thing happens to us, we see Turkish people and we swear to ourselves that they are Greek but ofc they aren't, they are just Turks from Turkey.

A Greek Army General called Frangos actually wrote a big book based on official documents of the Orthodox Patriarchate based in Constantinople (now Istanbul) which continued to exist as an organisation after the conquest of 1453 with the support of the Ottoman State and Sultan Mehmed Fatih.

In it, Gen. Frangos lists with incredible detail the fate of the Orthodox Dioceses in Asia Minor after the Conquest, and you can see in the official data the decline and death of Christianity in Asia Minor and with it the decline and death of Hellenism as in many cases, whole towns converted en masse to Islam on a single day, including the former priests who became the town's new Imams.

In fact, so many former Greek Romans ("Byzantines") converted to Islam (and thence to Turkism) that the Ottoman Sultans were alarmed and issued decrees to discourage Christians from converting to Islam because under Islamic and Ottoman Law, Christians were taxed significantly more than Muslims in the Ottoman Empire and the Ottoman State was worried that they would lose way too many taxes.

It is 100% true and written by one of our own Army Generals.

There were somewhat less converts to Islam in Ottoman Greece and that can be attributed to the incredibly stubborn national character of the Greeks of Greece and their national pride. Also, the Ottomans were never seriously interested in colonizing Greece with Turks and Turcomans as much as they did Anatolia. To the Ottomans, everything beyond Istanbul was "Rumeli" meaning "Roman Empire" and "Yunania" meaning Greece.

If the Ottomans were seriously interested in converting Greece to Islam they would have succeeded, but it was something they could not do b/c they feared two things, the Pope and the Italians on the West (Venice, Genova) and the Russian Empire on the other end.

Then you have cases like Bosnia and Albania, where the population converted to Islam willingly and en masse for reasons of national pride and to separate themselves from their arch-enemies, Greeks and Romans in the case of the Albanians and Serbs in the case of Bosnians.

Book by Gen. Frangos detailing the decline and extinction of Hellenism in Asia Minor:

http://www.livanis.gr/%CE%A6%CF%81%C...p-1086175.aspx
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Islam's preservation and continuation of the work of classical scholars was largely responsible for bringing Europe out of the Dark Ages. But sure, anime is definitely a bigger deal...
    There was a time period the Arabs were big into science and education, but that ended when they started to worship. The Golden Age of Islam had ended many years ago. The Islam of then is not the Islam of now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sweden has had 200 grenade attacks. That would be the equivalent population wise of the United States having 2000 Terror explosions.

Rapes of kids are out of hand. The police are powerless.

Hmm... Millions of "immigrants/refugees" from 3rd World Shitholes, on your money... brings the 3rd World to your country.

Maybe in small amounts, of ones who worked for an education, and wanted to assimilate with the West it may work.

Majority of radicalized, poverty raised, culturally incompatable types jammed into your civilization, at the behest of bureaucrats?

= really really bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is integration. Many of these people don't integrate well into whatever country the end up in and start making small societies.
    Take Denmark. We have so many people from other countries that don't even bother to learn the language, in addition, forces their children to learn several languages in their youth so they are a drain on our education system. Overall I have no problem with the people that integrate well and actually want to try become part of the country they join.
    I just heavily dislike those that is literally not working. not learning the languages and forces their tradition on everyone around them and makes their children have a hard time in school.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Go outside and take a look at the roads. Go to a public place and look at all the people.
    You seriously want more people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    This is not true my friend. I wish some Turkish poster was here to explain to you, but the truth is that a HUGE number of Eastern Roman Greeks ("Byzantines") converted to Islam and became Ottoman and then Turkish after a couple of generations.

Sometimes when I travel to Turkey and I walk the street people just talk Turkish to me as they think I am a local. Same thing happens to us, we see Turkish people and we swear to ourselves that they are Greek but ofc they aren't, they are just Turks from Turkey.

A Greek Army General called Frangos actually wrote a big book based on official documents of the Orthodox Patriarchate based in Constantinople (now Istanbul) which continued to exist as an organisation after the conquest of 1453 with the support of the Ottoman State and Sultan Mehmed Fatih.

In it, Gen. Frangos lists with incredible detail the fate of the Orthodox Dioceses in Asia Minor after the Conquest, and you can see in the official data the decline and death of Christianity in Asia Minor and with it the decline and death of Hellenism as in many cases, whole towns converted en masse to Islam on a single day, including the former priests who became the town's new Imams.

In fact, so many former Greek Romans ("Byzantines") converted to Islam (and thence to Turkism) that the Ottoman Sultans were alarmed and issued decrees to discourage Christians from converting to Islam because under Islamic and Ottoman Law, Christians were taxed significantly more than Muslims in the Ottoman Empire and the Ottoman State was worried that they would lose way too many taxes.

It is 100% true and written by one of our own Army Generals.

There were somewhat less converts to Islam in Ottoman Greece and that can be attributed to the incredibly stubborn national character of the Greeks of Greece and their national pride. Also, the Ottomans were never seriously interested in colonizing Greece with Turks and Turcomans as much as they did Anatolia. To the Ottomans, everything beyond Istanbul was "Rumeli" meaning "Roman Empire" and "Yunania" meaning Greece.

If the Ottomans were seriously interested in converting Greece to Islam they would have succeeded, but it was something they could not do b/c they feared two things, the Pope and the Italians on the West (Venice, Genova) and the Russian Empire on the other end.

Then you have cases like Bosnia and Albania, where the population converted to Islam willingly and en masse for reasons of national pride and to separate themselves from their arch-enemies, Greeks and Romans in the case of the Albanians and Serbs in the case of Bosnians.

Book by Gen. Frangos detailing the decline and extinction of Hellenism in Asia Minor:

http://www.livanis.gr/%CE%A6%CF%81%C...p-1086175.aspx
    Krifo scholio which literally means secret school was setup by the church to secretly teach Greek language and Christian doctrine. They were setup to prevent intense islamisation. So no, they tried and failed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krifo_scholio

A counterargument is that there's an incentive to do it cause you might not get caught. Criminals don't commit crimes thinking they'll lose everything, but instead they focus on the rewards of not getting caught.
    Sure, but then you are implying our police force is useless, which to me seems like a bigger concern than immigrants. But whatever, as far as we know immigrants commit less crime compared to natives, even the illegal ones.

For those coming to a country like America and can't speak the language, I really doubt they're looking to be the CEO of a major company. If your the driver who drives a school bus or lifts boxes all day, you pretty much know that's as good as things will get for you. For refugees in Germany, your pretty much living off the welfare system while working odd jobs. There's no incentive to begin with.
    You don't need to aspire to be a CEO or a big executive to understand that knowing English is an advantage when job hunting. Knowing english opens the door for more jobs that require it and doesn't seclude you from working for employers that are willing to hire people that do not english, so right off the bat the bargaining power is increased in one knows english. And pls do not compare the US to Europe, the US does a much better job at handling immigration.

Unless we pay for them to be educated, this won't change. But why should we pay for people to come here and take away jobs?
    Having a skilled population is good and English proficiency is a skill everyone could use and/or improve.

Not different, just that the Japanese are far more strict in how they deal with foreigners. You work with them, they don't work with you.
    The point is that one can live quite comfortably in Asia, South America, Central America, etc without knowing the native language because English is the global language. The opposite is not true in anglophone countries.

Nothing wrong with mixing, but is a problem when someone from another culture is forcing their beliefs onto you. Western culture is the stronger culture as it consumes and replaces everything in it's path, while adding what pleases it to itself. Which is why something like Japanese culture is picked apart for things like Anime and easily added to Western Culture, while Islam has nothing to offer.
    I'm not going to comment on Islam because I don't want this to become a religious thread, but suffice to say it is ignorant to claim that a culture has nothing to offer to the other. And if Western culture is the stronger culture what is to fear from allowing immigrants?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post

The point is that one can live quite comfortably in Asia, South America, Central America, etc without knowing the native language because English is the global language. The opposite is not true in anglophone countries.
    You can live reasonably comfortable in Sweden without knowing the native language but that doesn't mean people will actually befriend you or look upon you with kind eyes. I don't want to speak English with someone when I'm in Sweden nor do many others. You'll be socially isolated to your expat community, likely the case in other countries as well if you don't learn the language.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-02-06 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I don't see the need for more folks who are stupid religious and who tend to treat women poorly. We have enough of those in the south already.
    AS someone from the North...plenty of those folks are here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by narzantor View Post
    If your country is so fantastic, maybe you could keep your retarded, small-minded bigoted views there. Because, I, for one, do not appreciate cunts like you posting far right terrorist recruitment propaganda online.
    The colorful language doesn't help, especially when it was unwarranted.

What this person is saying is mostly true for all races and cultures. People are drawn to others who are like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Too complicated to navigate and too harsh requirements for USA.
    If the legal migrants can figure it out, I'm pretty sure any of those that have skipped it can.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

There was a time period the Arabs were big into science and education, but that ended when they started to worship. The Golden Age of Islam had ended many years ago. The Islam of then is not the Islam of now.
    Your golden age of islam required smarter civilized people converted at sword point(by people who used their civilization against them) to be the "scientists", along with jews selling white Christians as slaves to muslims. Saving the works of ancient Greece from real moslems is the greatest achievement of moslem scientists.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not fully against it but i do get a bit frazzled when i hear we are bringing in more people while we are having trouble taking care of our own. Vets, natives, etc could all stand to have their budgets increased before we take on more people, better infrastructure and schools would be nice. If they are all guaranteed to be a net gain then its great but they arent.