Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Been playing around with Wowhead's dressing room for BfA quite a lot since I'm transmog obsessed and it really got me thinking about customization options.

The Kul Tiran customization options are so, so, so much higher quality than the playable humans. Ever since the WoD model updates, facial hair has looked so... Bizarre, on humans. None of the beards actually look like beards. They just look like chunks of playdough tossed on there. I think what I'd want more than new playable races would be for them to actually fix the existing ones. Imagine if humans could have normal looking beards like Dwarves, Vrykul and now Kul Tirans.
    i agree the facial hair could have been better done. the light forge and new kultiran way is far better. so is most of the hord races

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    So anything special going to be added for the pre-purchase like the Demon Hunters were added one week before the expansion released patch.
    .........allied races....... do you check the front page ?

pre order is allready out dude

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Hope shall not die today, brother!
    im kind of hoping we will at least get a phased change to the NE lands now being horde and lorderon being alliance bost those scenarios. like theramour and silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    im kind of hoping we will at least get a phased change to the NE lands now being horde and lorderon being alliance bost those scenarios. like theramour and silithus.
    I just want Gilneas to be made into a proper city.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Done with your temper tantrum?
    You sure as hell are determined to talk about everything except the expansion in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They already said they'll rework the customization for the old races, I imagine that'll be one of the big features of 9.0 along with a new race or class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They already said they'll rework the customization for the old races, I imagine that'll be one of the big features of 9.0 along with a new race or class.
    They can finally give war paint for the Troll Females which will be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Just feel like I hijacked the thread a little bit with my customization obsession... I play WoW mostly as a barbie simulator, so customization + transmog sets are most of what I do. I would KILL for better customization options.
    No,no...
    You are making Blizzard's game a lot better with that beard...
    Just hated on how the beard looked like the Human just got some clay and painted the beard...
    Your edit looks more natural and looks better to be honest.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Basically stated:

The Classic WoW team has to rebuild the original World Map.

In doing so, they'll be using HD Textures.

Those HD Textures can be added to Battle for Azeroth in addition to being used for Classic WoW.

One effort, two games profit from it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You own a World of Warcraft license. You don't own a "WoW Classic: HD Remaster" copy, yet. You'll have to buy one!

And pay a separate subscription, too, since the other game is going to have maintenance fees and a customer support staff who'll need to be paid for working on it and such.
    They don't need to rebuild anything mapwise. Just pull out the old files.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I just want Gilneas to be made into a proper city.
    Me too. At this point I wonder if it will ever happen, I'm losing hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Me too. At this point I wonder if it will ever happen, I'm losing hope.
    Don't worry, it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Don't worry, it won't.

Yeah if it doesn't happen in BfA, not even as a Warfront, it probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They don't need to rebuild anything mapwise. Just pull out the old files.
    They don't keep those files. They already had to rebuild old Tauren Mill and Southshore for the battle ground/pvp event.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alliance and Horde each lost a city in BfA. They could gain one. For Alliance, Gilneas makes a natural choice. What would the Horde gain though? For me the ideal thing would be to expand Bilgewater (the goblin theme is just so solidly built, the city would need to be expanded to count as a capital though).
    How about a new Forsaken settlement where Theramore used to be? Would drive Kalimdor = Horde territory home and it would make Jaina furious.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    also didn't Garrosh built like an empire under Orgrimmar during mop? 3 expansions later and Ragefire Chasm is still there, wish we could explore those places, same with Gilneas as a proper city and so on.

5+ Year Old Account

I tried to sort of lazily add the Kul Tiran beards to human males. I wish they could have that kind of facial hair.
    Light coloured hair/facial hair looks horrible on humans. It would look much better with anything darker. Also, we're in need of new 'short' hairstyles. There's only 1 option for 'short' hair (the one you originally picked), and unless you want to have a lightbulb for a head, it's ponytails and braids for the rest.

Too bad they said they are focusing on the allied races and that no new customisation options will be coming for the older races :'(
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Light coloured hair/facial hair looks horrible on humans. It would look much better with anything darker. Also, we're in need of new 'short' hairstyles. There's only 1 option for 'short' hair (the one you originally picked), and unless you want to have a lightbulb for a head, it's ponytails and braids for the rest.

Too bad they said they are focusing on the allied races and that no new customisation options will be coming for the older races :'(
    Genn's hair/facial hair is a very good example of what playable human's customization options should be like.

Silly question but would you all likely for future elevators added in BfA to keep the High Command design?
    Nah, they'll add new traps to keep things fresh. Next elevator will flip over shortly before the top on every other run.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Genn's hair/facial hair is a very good example of what playable human's customization options should be like.
    but sadly we dont get any "new customization options" because we have allied races...

And because Allied races became a "business" that works well as content filler and like a revenue increase due players that pay for a race change, Blizzard has no reason to invest time and resources in "new customization options" for classic races.

However, it seems to me that no one cares about that, but for other 2/4 years we will not have any new customization options...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, they'll add new traps to keep things fresh. Next elevator will flip over shortly before the top on every other run.
    I find it funny, we were taught to trust elevators thanks to Blackrock Foundry and then bam... that stuff
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They don't keep those files. They already had to rebuild old Tauren Mill and Southshore for the battle ground/pvp event.
    Blizzard is doing pretty shit job at being a software company if they don't keep archives of their own stuff around. Especially for something like art assets and mapfiles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    but sadly we dont get any "new customization options" because we have allied races...

And because Allied races became a "business" that works well as content filler and like a revenue increase due players that pay for a race change, Blizzard has no reason to invest time and resources in "new customization options" for classic races.

However, it seems to me that no one cares about that, but for other 2/4 years we will not have any new customization options...
    That doesn't really change anything as they have never added ne2 customization options to beging with.

Only time they have added something was in WLK when they ported few jairstyles accross races to give barbershop something "new". Granted most of the ported over hairstyles looked way worse than the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't think this is accurate. They definitely keep old art assets around and can easily update them to newer formats as they've done again recently with map files from the first WoD alpha to Battle for Azeroth (with quite a few file format changes in between). There's also many many mirrors of old client content that can easily be updated to more recent formats by people from the community. It'd be pretty silly if Blizzard didn't have that capability themselves when the relatively small modding community does.

I doubt it would make Jaina furious (is that really a motivation these days?). I mean the marsh setting might fit the Forsaken though I think the spooky woods theme is really the best for them (they could have a new city built in Darkshore, right upon the cliffs leading to Felwood!). I still think that if one side gains Gilneas, the other side should get a city for the corresponding faction, which is goblins.
    Oh man give us a big horde Goblin capital in Gadgetzan.