Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Zandalari Trolls will never become Paladins!!! This is why!

Lets do a thinking process "Zandalari Trolls" are Tribal and Hex/Loa focused Culture based.

lets Splitt all of the Zandalari Population in % with all of the classes,

So, if you where a Zandalari Troll that tought about beeeing a Melee fighter...

1st: You would want to be a Warrior to defend your tribe or to shred your enemys

2nd: you Would want to become a SHadow hunter "lets say its a Survivol spec with some shadow spells" since that specific class is not in game.

3rd: you would want to become an ENchanment shaman, to use the elements while you fight with your weapons in the front lines

4th: you would become a Feral or Guardian druid, to use the very Nature to defend your tribe or fight your foe.

5th: You would want to linger in the shadow and fight your enemeys with the skills of a Rogue.

So, before 1 Zandalari troll would want to become a paladin he would become these 5,

TELLING A ZANDALARI TROLL TO BECOME A PALAIND IS LIKE TELLING A SCANDINAVIAN TO WORTHSHIP A VODO AFRICAN GOD, its not in there Culture or in there mind set.

its would be the 1% of the 1% of the 1% of the Zandalari populations, so having a 50% of the player base race change to it would look so stupid and be so wrong.

Making it so that some Races can not be certen classes is great, it makes the RACE/CLASS combo feel more special and unic... if everyone can have everything then NOTHING IS SPECIAL....

ZANDALARI TROLLS can become Paladins... they are NATURE PALAINDS = Shamans and Druids...

I Praise BLIZZARD for keeping to there Lore and putting there foot down on certen important things!

Share your Toughts and lets talk about it, if you did not understand the post I would gladly speak with you
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2018-02-19 at 06:45 PM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Thanks, we didn't have a thread about that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a holy warrior of an religious empire. Makes more sense than Zandalari Rogues or Warlocks.

This thread should not exist. This one is still up:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...alari-Paladins

7+ Year Old Account
    That thread is taking about "that we should have paladins, this thread explians that its not possible and shows blizzard mindset on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's a holy warrior of an religious empire. Makes more sense than Zandalari Rogues or Warlocks.

This thread should not exist. This one is still up:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...alari-Paladins
    Trolls linger in Jungles and forests, they tend to favor the Shadows, that is why a troll would choose to become a rogue.

And trolls have self healing regenerative powers, so a Trolls Warlock would be very powerful since when you use Fel spells as a warlock you use your own life to cast these spells so if you have a regereative property as the Trolls you could cast many more spells for much longer time then any other race
    -

Original Norse culture of Scandinavia isn't that much removed from other polytheistic cultures, heck monotheism isn't all that removed from polytheism either.

Religion more than anything is about what you sacrifice. Norse had no problem with human sacrifice, neither does old-school voodoo.

Now days we mostly just sacrifice time, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, all the points you bring up don't really matter as all that's required is a belief in a loa of "light" which would grant you power and as you should have been able to tell by paladins, priests, scarlet crusade/onslaught and the story of the naaru in game the light isn't too particular about how it empowers or what deeds are done by the practitioners or holders of their power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post

Trolls linger in Jungles and forests, they tend to favor the Shadows, that is why a troll would choose to become a rogue.

And trolls have self healing regenerative powers, so a Trolls Warlock ...Snip
    Have you seen the lore around Zandalari Trolls? They don't linger in jungles and forests, they have an entire city in gold. Huge difference between these trolls and the troll's we are used to seeing in game.

And no, Warlocks make next no to sense for them considering they are a holy empire. They're huge on religion, with very little fel interaction compared to most other races in game.

That thread is taking about "that we should have paladins, this thread explians that its not possible and shows blizzard mindset on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

And trolls have self healing regenerative powers, so a Trolls Warlock would be very powerful since when you use Fel spells as a warlock you use your own life to cast these spells so if you have a regereative property as the Trolls you could cast many more spells for much longer time then any other race
    Doesn't matter, there are now 3 threads on this topic on the first page alone.

OT: The Zandalari are a people with a priest caste. Zandalari Paladins do already exist in the game, they revere the loa. Zandalari Prelates use abilites like "Seal of the Loa", for example. Zandalari Paladins would not be light-revering humanlike Paladins (the same with Tauren Paladins, who are Sun Druids in lore rather than actual Paladins and only are called as such for gameplay purposes) but rather warrior-priests of the loa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes, they have a huge city of Gold, but where does this city linger? in a Jungle/Tropical area, where does Usualy Dinosaures live, in the jungle.

It is not based on where they live but there ancient culture, Trolls in general is a Feral/Agressive race, Taurens are more focused/calm race, that is why Paladins work for them.

A Paladin is all about keeping calm and defending his brothers, do you feel like normal Troll Culture does that??? "we are talking abaout the big picture" not a 1% part of the trolls, ofc, any race can almost become any class.... but if we have 1 undead paladin it would be stupid to make it playabe since then you would have a 100 or 1000 or 10000 undead paladins...

The reason why Trolls does not embrace Warlocks so much are because they are focused on Loa and Nature Spirits, Fel feeds on life so that is why we do not see so many, but a warlock could also be seen as a Dark Troll mage/shaman, if you want to think about the Lore.

But as a pure WARLOCK troll... I agree with you, they would not be like other races...
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    This is next level bait, and it makes me want to side with the people who want Zandalari pallies.

Deleted
    This and all class/race restrictions are DUMB! Player characters are not lore and i wish Blizz would stop their nonsense and opened it all up for player choice.

For example, Guild Wars 2 has no such restrictions on classes. It never affected any lore AT ALL!

Now, if they are restricting, yes, i think a Zandalari Paladin doesn't make much sense when for example a Paladin Gnome isn't a thing despite living alongside dwarf paladins for ages.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to play an enchanment shaman! Do they use [Dank Memes] as a special ability resource?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, they have a huge city of Gold, but where does this city linger? in a Jungle/Tropical area, where does Usualy Dinosaures live, in the jungle.

It is not based on where they live but there ancient culture, Trolls in general is a Feral/Agressive race, Taurens are more focused/calm race, that is why Paladins work for them.
    "The Zandalari serve as an overall priest caste for Azeroth’s trolls and spend much of their time researching ancient knowledge and magic; they also oppose Hakkar." - Zandalari is where most trolls learn to connect to the light to be a priest, thus their connection to the light is much stronger than you give it credit/ are willing to admit.
    "Zandalari are their own separate sort of troll — not jungle trolls, not forest trolls, not ice or dark or sand." - They are not like any other troll race in game, they do not 'linger in jungles'

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The foundation of your argument is based upon your own personal ideas and perspectives. Nothing more.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

My God, this post is bad argumentation coupled with a strong headcanon.

I've seen it all.

Sure, Zandalari Trolls are feral, bloodthirsty savages that live in the jungle, and are very powerful because they have infinite life to cast fel magicks.

Look at this mothafuckin' savage. He's totally not a professional city guard in a uniform protecting his urbanized (and well-arborized, I must say) temple-city and it's scholary citizens - nope. Pure savagery. Will jump at your throat and drink your blood.

Gnome hunters
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    This is next level bait, and it makes me want to side with the people who want Zandalari pallies.
    It was nothing to do with such a thing, its the lore and truth behind the Troll Cultures in the world.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    It was nothing to do with such a thing, its the lore and truth behind the Troll Cultures in the world.
    Except your 'lore and truth' on the Zandalari is based on refusing to admit that these trolls are nothing like the jungle trolls you keep referring to so in the end yeah, this is just a bait thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RizzleFrazzle View Post
    "The Zandalari serve as an overall priest caste for Azeroth’s trolls and spend much of their time researching ancient knowledge and magic; they also oppose Hakkar." - Zandalari is where most trolls learn to connect to the light to be a priest, thus their connection to the light is much stronger than you give it credit/ are willing to admit.
    "Zandalari are their own separate sort of troll — not jungle trolls, not forest trolls, not ice or dark or sand." - They are not like any other troll race in game, they do not 'linger in jungles'
    Troll priests are Hex Priests, they are more of a shaman and nature based Class then a light based class, this is in lore OFC, since in game they can`t make one class be 100% different for each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    My God, this post is bad argumentation coupled with a strong headcanon.

I've seen it all.

Sure, Zandalari Trolls are feral, bloodthirsty savages that live in the jungle, and are very powerful because they have infinite life to cast fel magicks.

Look at this mothafuckin' savage. He's totally not a professional city guard in a uniform protecting his urbanized (and well-arborized, I must say) temple-city and it's scholary citizens - nope. Pure savagery. Will jump at your throat and drink your blood.
    It is not about that everyone of them are in a Berserker mode, but I am speaking of them on a Culture level, every troll that would want to be a MELEE FITHERS would want to be those 5 classes before even thinking about becoming a paladin or a light warrior.

if you are looking for reasons, ofc, some Zandalari can become paladins, but it would be such a small part of there populations that it would be dumb to make it plaiable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Gnome hunters
    if you wask me, I think they should remove Gnome warriors and Monks, since it so silly that they can become that class,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRoo View Post
    The foundation of your argument is based upon your own personal ideas and perspectives. Nothing more.
    hahahaha, it has nothing to do with my ideas, its in game Lore... (I am not taking about game machanics or in game player lore) but World of Warcraft lore, there have close to never been a Troll that has use the light as a warrior, and all of the priests have always been Voodoo or hex priests, these uses the nature and SPirits to do there spells.
    -

you know, considering how left wing and liberal this site is I figured they would have added an IQ test before posting by now. the amount of low quality garbage that continues to get posted here such as this uninformed trash seems to warrant it at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll priests are Hex Priests, they are more of a shaman and nature based Class then a light based class, this is in lore OFC, since in game they can`t make one class be 100% different for each race.
    Exactly, Just as Tauren Paladins use the sun, the exact same case would be to say that Zandalari could justify it through their own interpretation of the light. Hex or not.