Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking You come across a crime scene - what do you do? (scenario follows) Fire Safety

There Is a fire alarm. As you make your way through the apartment, someone runs away and down the stairs

You hear the cry of a child. You break the door down, it's already burning and easy to do.

You've unintentionally opened up a new source of oxygen to the fire and it flares. You get as wet as you can via shower/sink/water source and run in.

You find the child in the closet of the burning apartment (scared children hide from the fire without escape in mind) you know there are more children.

What do you do? There are no right or wrong answers. What do you do if you want to save all you can including yourself?

Escape the blaze. Every man, women and child for themselves.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leave the building. Let their parents deal with them.

I call 911 and let the fire department deal with it. if I went in there, there is probably a 90%+ likelihood that the firemen would have to waste time and energy dragging me out too, because I didn't know wtf I was doing but tried to be a hero.

Nail all the closet doors shut to decrease the population of stupid children. Run out side just as the blaze engulfs the entire building and meet outside with anyone who isn't an idiot that hid in a closet during a fire.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Over several decades I've learned that no good deed goes unpunished.

I no longer have the financial or emotional capital to help anyone.

So I just leave, call the police anonymously as soon as I am able.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    It sounds like the fire is already too dangerous...I don't even know if I would break down a burning door, even if I hear a child.
    I know it sounds odd, but I think that at this point, all I can do would only either hurt or kill more people rather than saving someone.

Save another human being, a child to be precise while risking my own life? Ha, what do you think i am? A moron?

A child is so easy to create, just fuck without a condom a couple of times, might not need to have sex in todays day and age. Its not like we are running low on humans, 7 billion is more than enough.

Wow, topics like this always bring the scum to the surface of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Wow, topics like this always bring the scum to the surface of the pond.
    And so quickly too. You made the first page.

Well most apartments I've been in are tiny so I'd probably play hero shouldnt take more than a couple seconds to check each room.
    Last edited by Imbalanced; 2018-02-20 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    And so quickly too. You made the first page.
    Good call, I'm the scum when there's literally someone saying he'd let children die because there's too many people anyway.

Never change, Gen OT, never change.

Well most apartments I've been in are tiny so I'd probably play hero shouldnt take more than a couple seconds to check each room.
    My initial response was to want to be a hero, but even small rooms can be very hazardous to navigate in fires. Pieces of wood fall to block the doorway; rooms fill with smoke. If you watch videos of fires you can see how quickly it can spread to the point that you cannot escape...and without equipment, passing out from smoke inhalation is another threat.

Would be interesting to read a firefighter's opinion on whether or not it is worthwhile to search for other survivors, although each situation is different. My guess is that they would prefer people wait for them to show up.

Deleted
    I started the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I started the fire.
    Damn mix tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Good call, I'm the scum when there's literally someone saying he'd let children die because there's too many people anyway.

Never change, Gen OT, never change.
    Yeah you are right people coming into a general thread cracking typical internet jokes are total scum. Especially relative to the person who came into the thread to just talk shit and not participate.

Yeah you are right people coming into a general thread cracking typical internet jokes are total scum. Especially relative to the person who came into the thread to just talk shit and not participate.
    Oh yeah, all the anti-social and misanthropic comments folks here make are all joke. Sure thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Save another human being, a child to be precise while risking my own life? Ha, what do you think i am? A moron?

A child is so easy to create, just fuck without a condom a couple of times, might not need to have sex in todays day and age. Its not like we are running low on humans, 7 billion is more than enough.
    Hey bruh, do me a favor, were you joking or are you an edgelord?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that I will properly kill myself if I tried to save a child so I would not even kick the door in. I would leave the building and call the fire department. It's what they do. I am not a hero. I will never be a hero, and I like living.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

It takes a real genius to expect only serious answers in a stupid hypothetical thread.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    What crime scene?

And what I would do would totally depend on the situation and is not something I can answer based on this text. If it looks like I'd have a good chance of coming out unharmed, I'd try to save the children. If it looks dangerous, I'd go out and tell the firemen that there are still children inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    There Is a fire alarm. As you make your way through the apartment, someone runs away and down the stairs

You hear the cry of a child. You break the door down, it's already burning and easy to do.

You've unintentionally opened up a new source of oxygen to the fire and it flares. You get as wet as you can via shower/sink/water source and run in.

You find the child in the closet of the burning apartment (scared children hide from the fire without escape in mind) you know there are more children.

What do you do? There are no right or wrong answers. What do you do if you want to save all you can including yourself?
    I do a Logan Paul and takes a selfie?

On topic: I would soak some cloths and drape the kids I can with it, then most likely have to carry them sections at a time. Would most likely be a self sacrifice but hey..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..