View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...exit-blackhole

Can it survive? Seriously you aren't worried at all? Looks like the so-called EU unity is cracking up to me.
    Ah! the express again. Forgive me for not opening them, I takes a bit too long to load all the adds and exciting articles on the side.
    Nah, not worried. We know we'll still be able to trade with other countries, travel, have a reliable supply of energy and fresh food, hospitals and universities that are functioning.
    You on the other hand, might not have some of this for a while.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Ah! the express again. Forgive me for not opening them, I takes a bit too long to load all the adds and exciting articles on the side.
    Nah, not worried. We know we'll still be able to trade with other countries, travel, have a reliable supply of energy and fresh food, hospitals and universities that are functioning.
    You on the other hand, might not have some of this for a while.
    EU universities? Don't make me laugh, there is a reason none figure in the world league tables for top universities. You might call them universities, the rest of the world - not really. Education along with its military is not the EU's strong point.

Is there anything they are good at? Oh yah - ensuring straight bananas bwahahahahaaaaa
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Just read this from a piece on the BBC about standards post Brexit and laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Trust levels in the UK were fairly high as EU finance ministers arrived for a regular meeting in Brussels today. After all, they have seen their British colleagues largely play by the rules for the last four decades. But what happens next?

Luxembourg's finance minister sees it as a balance: stick to European standards and goods will flow freely between the two, go your own way and trade won't be as smooth.

And the EU doesn't just want a pledge, they want rules, a process, a mechanism that binds the UK into what Brussels calls the Level Playing Field, or the LPF.

Magdalena Andersson of Sweden summed up why, saying: "Of course I trust David Davis but we don't know who will come after him some day in the future."
    Bolded the stupidest thing I've read all year. Has this woman actually met Dave? Is she fucking retarded? I wouldn't trust Dave to.....to.....well I just wouldn't trust Dave. There is not a single activity that exists that you could entrust to David fucking Davis.

Anyone know where I contact this woman? I've got a bridge to sell her.

EU universities? Don't make me laugh, there is a reason none figure in the world league tables for top universities. You might call them universities, the rest of the world - not really. Education along with its military is not the EU's strong point.

Is there anything they are good at? Oh yah - ensuring straight bananas bwahahahahaaaaa
    That's what you come back with? An insult about a fake story that Boris made up years ago when he was trying to undermine the EU for a living? That is pretty weak sauce, even by your standards.

Your satire seems to be getting lazy recently. Getting bored of playing the role of a deranged Brexiteer? Want to broaden your acting horizons?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    You're right, we really are barbarians and idiots.
    Isn't the main reason your islands are almost united that by 1700 your royal families were so inbred one guy eventually inherited all the crowns?
    I guess we weren't as lucky, we just had too many royal families scattered over the continent.
    Hes from the US, no one knows what he's doing in this thread, but its funny to read his blame the germans about everything bad in greece every other time.

He isn't one of the brightest bulbs around here, i mean he wanted to ridicule EU laws against chlorinated chicken from the US by linking an article that shows that them being chlorinated isn't a health risk and that they are being chlorinated in the US because of bad hygienic standards and overall worse treatment of livestock which both would be illegal in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

U.K. Has a Secret Plan to Hold Brexit Cash If EU Refuses to Trade

Prime Minister Theresa May’s team is eyeing up a contingency plan to hold back billions of pounds in Brexit payments, if the European Union refuses to give the U.K. the trade deal it wants.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...fuses-to-trade

Take it out of there.
    Does "Secret Plan" have a different meaning in the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

/yawns.
    Back to the bananas. Have we gone gone full circle then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Hes from the US, no one knows what he's doing in this thread, but its funny to read his blame the germans about everything bad in greece every other time.

He isn't one of the brightest bulbs around here, i mean he wanted to ridicule EU laws against chlorinated chicken from the US by linking an article that shows that them being chlorinated isn't a health risk and that they are being chlorinated in the US because of bad hygienic standards and overall worse treatment of livestock which both would be illegal in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Does "Secret Plan" have a different meaning in the UK?
    I guess that's part of the game in this dark corner of the forums. Baiting and trolling still makes it entertaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Bolded the stupidest thing I've read all year. Has this woman actually met Dave? Is she fucking retarded? I wouldn't trust Dave to.....to.....well I just wouldn't trust Dave. There is not a single activity that exists that you could entrust to David fucking Davis.

Its brilliant though, she didn't insult anyone currently in office while at the same time telling the whole UK that she is not trusting their politicians, not one bit.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Its brilliant though, she didn't insult anyone currently in office while at the same time telling the whole UK that she is not trusting their politicians, not one bit.
    I'll give her credit for diplomacy but stating you can't trust a British MP is about as illuminating as water being wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    If the deal falters to such a degree that there is no exit agreement, then all hell breaks loose.
    Don't we have any kind of bilateral agreements that we could default to?. I'm thinking stuff that predates the accession of each member state.

Just read this from a piece on the BBC about standards post Brexit and laughed.

Whilst I have no love for Davis I am going to go out on a limb and say that given the position held by Andersson that she is not an idiot and is probably better poised to offer a qualified opinion on Davis than, say, some random person on the internet. But, no, you're right Davis is a bell-end - someone on Twitter said so - so it must be true.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean apart from the bit where she said "I always trust the British politicians, of course." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The EU doesn't give a shit, it's a drop in the water - we already told you that 100 times.
    Well, it's a substantial drop. Let's be honest. But you're right, the EU is already prepared for even this blackmail. I doubt anyone in Brussels would be impressed much by such a blackmail. And unfortunately, I think quite a number in Brussels wouldn't even be surprised. The irrational way of handling this whole affair in Britain really leaves a lot of room for stupidity to get involved.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You mean apart from the bit where she said "I always trust the British politicians, of course." ?
    Adding "of course" means that sentence was just a precaution to prevent others from correctly accusing her of not trusting British politicians and stating such out loud.
    (As in, her trusting British politicians was a likely lie on her part.)

Deleted
    David Davis :

2016 - “Britain will be much better off outside the EU”
    2017 - “There is no downside to Brexit”
    2018 - “Brexit will not leave Britain a Mad Max style wasteland”
    2019 - “The Thunderdome remains the fairest way to control the allocation of rations”

It's called diplomacy. The EU doesn't like to go around accusing people of things wildly. That's why Farage stood out in the EP, tosser that he is. I'm sure he never had one session where he didn't piss people off. Taking Britain seriously and giving Davis the benefit of the doubt is actually quite smart. The UK does more damage to itself than any harsh rhetoric from the EU could.

It's literally just... stand to the side and watch the dude beat himself up. Then go and ask if he needs help later and you can't possibly come out of it as the bad guy.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Don't we have any kind of bilateral agreements that we could default to?. I'm thinking stuff that predates the accession of each member state.
    Doubt it. The last pre-EU institutions that the UK hat bilateral agreements with (EEC, EC) no longer exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think most of those agreements were expressly replaced.
    And this... although, technically speaking... "replaced" is inaccurate, as those agreements more or less were incorporated into what we call the EU Treaties these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that part wasn't in the quote so, yes apart from that bit. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think most of those agreements were expressly replaced.
    Well the UK has some left.
    Such as the deal with Canada to share a Queen.
    I'm sure it saves a lot of money, imagine having one of them each!

Well that part wasn't in the quote so, yes apart from that bit. :P
    Well it was but you didn't bother to check out the whole quote before commenting.

For those who are interested in what she had to say;

'On her way to a meeting of finance ministers in Brussels, Sweden’s Magdalena Andersson was asked about her thoughts on the U.K. sticking to standards and regulations after Brexit.
    Question: Do you trust the U.K. to play by the rules after Brexit?
    Answer: “I always trust the British politicians, of course. But what one politician says today, you might have new governments and new politicians in the years to come. So of course I will trust David Davis, but we don’t know who will come after him some day in the future.” '

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-brexit-update
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-02-20 at 12:29 PM.

Well it was but you didn't bother to check out the whole quote before commenting.

For those who are interested in what she had to say;

'On her way to a meeting of finance ministers in Brussels, Sweden’s Magdalena Andersson was asked about her thoughts on the U.K. sticking to standards and regulations after Brexit.
    Question: Do you trust the U.K. to play by the rules after Brexit?
    Answer: “I always trust the British politicians, of course. But what one politician says today, you might have new governments and new politicians in the years to come. So of course I will trust David Davis, but we don’t know who will come after him some day in the future.” '

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-brexit-update
    So in essence she does not trust them, she only trusts binding agreements.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because there was no link nor apparently the full quote in the post i've quoted.

Thanks for providing it though, doesn't really change my former point, i think you can still read it the way i've put it.