Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Then you would be wrong. It's ok, you have learned something new today. Check out some articles about some of the cities in Africa and India. The young people there aren't living radically different lives than you or I. Syria yes, Afghanistan yes.
    No, I wouldn't be wrong. Their social attitudes are like, way behind ours. First result when searching for delhi + women reveals that they do not live the same life as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    That doesn't really make any difference when their social attitudes are like the early 20th century here or late 19th, if not even further back.
    Once again, that might be true if you're living in some remote tribal villages, but in most of the major cities people are generally pretty well educated and progressively minded, arguably more so than their Western counterparts because there is no equivalent of the alt right in India or Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Once again, that might be true if you're living in some remote tribal villages, but in most of the major cities people are generally pretty well educated and progressively minded, arguably more so than their Western counterparts because there is no equivalent of the alt right in India or Africa.
    So... http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...113627473.html
    https://thediplomat.com/2017/01/why-...l-feel-unsafe/
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/31533806.cms

Are you going to claim that's the same life as it is for women in Stockholm in Sweden? How fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    I always see Western Europeans complaining about all the migrants flowing to their areas from the Middle East. They tend to be exceptionally hard working, sophisticated, peaceful people and I don't see a good reason for why you would be against them coming to your countries.
    *acts like he is against broad stereotyping of a group of people*

*broadly stereotypes a group of people*

15+ Year Old Account

Are you going to claim that's the same life as it is for women in Stockholm in Sweden? How fucking ridiculous.
    Women in Stockholm are still fighting for equal treatment, as are the women in Delhi or any major city in India or Africa. There is no utopia, women are raped in Stockholm, just as women are raped here in the US and in India. It's a global problem, but that doesn't mean the average Calcuttan or Bangalorean women is living a wildly different life than you in Stockholm.

No one claimed that India was as nice a place to live as Sweden. However, underestimate them at your own peril, India has made huge strides over the last few decades by every imaginable metric, whereas most of Europe is treading water at best and taking massive steps backwards at worst, so who knows what the situation will be like in another couple years.

Women in Stockholm are still fighting for equal treatment, as are the women in Delhi or any major city in India or Africa. There is no utopia, women are raped in Stockholm, just as women are raped here in the US and in India. It's a global problem, but that doesn't mean the average Calcuttan or Bangalorean women is living a wildly different life than you in Stockholm.
    Do you realize how ridiculous your post is to say that women have the same problems in Stockholm as in Delhi in regards to rape or just being unsafe? Women in Sweden are more safe in order of magnitudes than women in India.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-02-20 at 03:06 PM.

Look at it like this

You have a house to rent, you set the rules the tenants must abide by, seems pretty fair, it's your house and you have the full right to set the rules

So, what do you do? Just rent it out to the first person that comes? No, you vet them, you're going to make sure they have the means to pay the rent, so you check if they have a stable employment, you also want to make sure they are not likely to break your property, so in the end, you'll make sure they keep to the rules

Change House to Country and Rules to laws

Immigrants are more than welcome, an Immigrant is someone that was vetted and considered safe to enter, NOW an Illegal Immigrant someone that sneaked in? They clearly can't keep to the rules because they already illegally entered.

you might be thinking "why is he comparing an House to the Country?"

Because you could have someone legally in your house and someone illegally in your house, what one do you want and support?

While we talking of Africa, if it more advance, they can feed their own people, and give them their own water.

The day the TV has no more ads about some random Africa child is drinking Dirty water, I will consider them "Advance" at the very least, Modern, because right now we have a problem that is being ignored in our own nation, do you know what it is?

We have homelessness on the streets, we have people starving, and poverty, is that acceptable? No, so why are we trying to solve another continents problems Because clearly, by your own words, they are Advance, they should help their own, we help our own.

Sound fair? Clearly they can do by your own account.

"Women are raped in Stockholm"

ANOTHER POINT FOR WHY I'M ANTI IMMIGRANT! Why did you want to help point out that Sweden Rape stats Blew up when they started taking in so many Migrants?

No one claimed that India was as nice a place to live as Sweden. However, underestimate them at your own peril, India has made huge strides over the last few decades by every imaginable metric, whereas most of Europe is treading water at best and taking massive steps backwards at worst, so who knows what the situation will be like in another couple years.
    Daelak pretty much did.

Daelak pretty much did.
    He said that their lives are not wildly different from yours, and for the most part they probably aren't. India is not some kind of post-apocalyptic hellhole where women live in constant fear, most of them probably have a daily commute to work, hang out with friends or go on dates afterwards, and waste away their free time on the internet. Sure, their lives aren't as cushy or comfortable as yours probably is, but they are also much better conditioned to deal with adversity and therefore a lot more resourceful and savvy than you as well, so it sort of balances out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you realize how ridiculous your post is to say that women have the same problems in Stockholm as in Delhi in regards to rape or just being unsafe? Women in Sweden are more safe in order of magnitudes than women in India.
    Do you want me to find a live stream of women walking to work, their errands, living out there lives in relative peace like yours? Are there problems in India against women, yes! Are there problems in the US and Sweden against women? Yes! By and large, if you live in the major cities of India or Africa, you will live the relatively same life as as someone else in another city on Earth. Now, the life of an impoverished woman in the Hindu Kush in Taliban territory, will live a radically different life than yours or the woman from Bangalore or Nairobi.

Do you want me to find a live stream of women walking to work, their errands, living out there lives in relative peace like yours? Are there problems in India against women, yes! Are there problems in the US and Sweden against women? Yes! By and large, if you live in the major cities of India or Africa, you will live the relatively same life as as someone else in another city on Earth. Now, the life of an impoverished woman in the Hindu Kush in Taliban territory, will live a radically different life than yours or the woman from Bangalore or Nairobi.
    Order of magnitudes difference, you act as if difference in rates does not matter at all.

- - - Updated - - -

He said that their lives are not wildly different from yours, and for the most part they probably aren't. India is not some kind of post-apocalyptic hellhole where women live in constant fear, most of them probably have a daily commute to work, hang out with friends or go on dates afterwards, and waste away their free time on the internet. Sure, their lives aren't as cushy or comfortable as yours probably is, but they are also much better conditioned to deal with adversity and therefore a lot more resourceful and savvy than you as well, so it sort of balances out.
    Do you even listen to yourself? How can you type this out with a straight face?

Do you even listen to yourself? How can you type this out with a straight face?
    I've met plenty of Indian people in my life, and I can't picture a single one of them constantly on the internet throwing the kind of hissy fits I see you post on a regular basis. I mean, I seriously worry for people like you, if you think that the mere existence of a couple immigrants in your country is some kind of harbinger of armageddon, how are you going to possibly deal with any kind of real adversity in your life?

Seriously, if you ever actually bothered talking to people who come from poorer countries, you'll quickly discover that their number one complaint by an overwhelming margin is that Westerners only ever see the bad stuff and think that's all there is.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2018-02-20 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Mate you really have to make these wrong associations. Islam has nothing to do with what you said. When middle east was shinning, they had good leaders (and were not perturbed by powerful foreign forces who try to steal their oil). When it was shinning it was because they had a good system. Whether or not people were believing in god has nothing to do with their success or failure.
    Neil Degrasse Tyson said the reason why this stopped was due to religion. Hhamid Al-Ghazali said mathematics is the work of the devil. As we can see from wikipedia, it says " His religious apologetic work Tahāfut al-Falāsifa ("Incoherence of the Philosophers") favors Muslim faith over philosophy and was extremely influential in turning medieval Muslim thought away from Aristotelianism, philosophical debate and theological speculation, leading to the eventual defeat of the rational Persian Mutazilite by the dogmatic Sunni Asharite school of theological belief".

Basically their religion brought about their fall and why today they are fanatically dangerous. While Europe and America is religious, just not as fanatic as the Islams.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria..._when_he_says/

15+ Year Old Account
    Order of magnitudes difference, you act as if difference in rates does not matter at all.
    Women in Stockholm are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted, women in New Dehli are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted, women in the US are fighting for their right not to be physically or sexually assaulted. What's the differences in those three instances?

I've met plenty of Indian people in my life, and I can't picture a single one of them constantly on the internet throwing the kind of hissy fits I see you post on a regular basis. I mean, I seriously worry for people like you, if you think that the mere existence of a couple immigrants in your country is some kind of harbinger of armageddon, how are you going to possibly deal with any kind of real adversity in your life?
    I have absolutely no interest in talking to someone who is making shit up.

Only the trump-tards are anti-immigrant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It pretty much has to do with MMOC being a combination of the last bastion of relevant conservative talking points between like minded 22 and 55 year olds while also somehow being so SJW and PC that it complete polarizes everything on the website.

That and people need to stop defining culture as a right. It's a social construct that means very little at the end of the day, especially when there are other problems we could and should be focusing on.
    Honestly loved this response as I find it resonates with me and in my experience is an accurate assessment of many threads here.

I have absolutely no interest in talking to someone who is making shit up.
    We're not having a conversation, I'm just quoting your posts as an excuse to pontificate about topics I already had in my head and wanted everyone to hear about, and I imagine that's what you're doing too.

Seriously, if you ever actually bothered talking to people who come from poorer countries, you'll quickly discover that their number one complaint by an overwhelming margin is that Westerners only ever see the bad stuff and think that's all there is.
    If all these countries are so nice, why aren't massive floods of people immigrating *there*? Oh, that's because it's not that great there. You're pretty much talking out your ass like those celebrities who visit all the tourist locales in places like Haiti or Vietnam then come back preaching how beautiful and awesome everything is.

We have quite a few developers on our team that live in India. And, quite frequently, they are unavailable because they are without power... for days at a time. These are people who make enough money to not live in shanty-villages, and yet they go days at a time without power.