Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No .

7+ Year Old Account
    From a financial burden standpoint, no. Cheaper to imprison him for life without chance for parole.

Deleted
    No, I am against the death penalty always.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why isn't exile a punishment anymore? People who are not fit to interact with the rest of society should just be exiled. We just need a place to send them. There they can kill each other as they see fit, outside the protection of a society they so clearly do not agree with.
    Where to? What do you think relations with your neighbours would be like if you just dumped all your crimi as in their back yard? Also it would break UN law (admittedly a fluid concept to the US and its allies) to deport someone who had no country to claim them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yes.

I am not against the death penalty. But I would reserve it for only extreme cases - like this. Some people can be helped, but right now it's safer for society for him to be dead.
    How it is safer it’s not like he’s getting out of jail.

No. He should be locked up for life.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

I changed my mind, he should be rehabilitated and released back into society with a clean record.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Pit of Misery should suffice

As a rule i think killing off people who you can prove beyond doubt have commited serious crimes twice in their life should just be killed its kind of like the killing Islam belivers thing.
    The best way to deal with Islam believers and those who don't believe in god is the same to keep them alive through having small parts of their skin pealed off each day so they suffer constantly but never allow them release, if America had a system like this where caught terrorists would live in that kind of situation for the rest of their years they would run scared.
    Because its about the release in the end, i think many of these repeat offenders feel the same "worst that will happen is i'll die"
    But yeah its not very humane for the people who we can't prove 100% did the crime, or those who made stupid mistakes, so we need some form of jail anyway.

And this shooter shouldn't get a quick end, he should suffer for years regretting what he did.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-02-21 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Infracted for trolling
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

no.

there's a possibility that he could go to some terrible afterlife. nobody deserves that, no matter how bad their crime is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    As a rule i think killing off people who you can prove beyond doubt have commited serious crimes twice in their life should just be killed its kind of like the killing Islam belivers thing. The best way to deal with Islam believers and those who don't believe in god is the same to keep them alive through having small parts of their skin pealed off each day so they suffer constantly but never allow them release, if America had a system like this where caught terrorists would live in that kind of situation for the rest of their years they would run scared. Because its about the release in the end, i think many of these repeat offenders feel the same "worst that will happen is i'll die" But yeah its not very humane for the people who we can't prove 100% did the crime, or those who made stupid mistakes, so we need some form of jail anyway. And this shooter shouldn't get a quick end, he should suffer for years regretting what he did.
    Muslims huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilt is determined as beyond a reasonable doubt.

The death penalty should only be used a beyond any doubt.

In this particular case there is no question as to his guilt so I have no qualms about it. However I do agree that it should be whatever ends up cheapest for the state, as either way he's not going to see the light of day again.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    From a financial burden standpoint, no. Cheaper to imprison him for life without chance for parole.
    Is killing him really more expensive than paying for him to live in prison for the next 70years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    The best way to deal with Islam believers and those who don't believe in god is the same to keep them alive through having small parts of their skin pealed off each day so they suffer constantly but never allow them release,
    What the hell is this psychopathic nonsense?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The death penalty is not even the worst punishment.

How about isolation in a small, dark, cold cell for life with no bed and an hour or two of waterboarding each day for good measure.

Might be a bit much...?

It's either life penalty or death, i say do whats cheaper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Is killing him really more expensive than paying for him to live in prison for the next 70years?
    yes and no, they can in most cases apply legal pressure for appeal and postpone for an extremely long period

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    But not wishing death upon those who are guilty is based on emotional logic.

If 100% reliable method of determining guild existed, the cheapest method of making sure the society is safe from individuals who have committed mass killings would be to kill the guilty party and be done with it.
    Wanting some one dead is enomtional logic, if you want to look st it from a lack of emotion some one being killed is meaning less so wanting a killing dead is also meaningless.

It would achieve nothing but fulfill petty revenge 10-15 years down the line when most everyone has forgotten about the incident. So no for me.

Nope.

State sponsored killing in the name of justice is a poor attempt at revenge for the convicted person's acts.

My opinion, yours may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How it is safer it’s not like he’s getting out of jail.
    Is he worth sustaining to keep alive? No.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What would that achieve?
    Closure for all the families of those he killed is what it would achieve.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.