Thread: prohibition

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Which is easy to track and to deal with. Now imagine if the police had to go get the over 300,000,000 guns at once all over the country... yeah, not happening.
    You realize they don't bother with that, right?

They just criminalize ownership of the weapon types that are now disallowed, and let people turn them in at police stations without penalty. So if you turn in your weapon, no problem. You get caught with that weapon, big additional charges go on to whatever else they were going to charge you with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you "always follow the constitution", then you're definitely going to be attacking the domestic threat to the USA that such rebels pose. It isn't even up for question.

These rebels would not be "defending the Constitution". No more than the traitors in the Civil War were.

And why am I describing these hypothetical rebels as "violent criminals"? Because A> you specifically stated they would be used armed resistance, which means they're murdering police and military personnel at least, and B> they're breaking the fucking law. Lots of them.

Presenting this as if it's decent folks fighting tyranny is wrong. We're talking about a bunch of terrorists murdering people because they don't agree with the political direction the USA has taken. Despite such being entirely constitutional. They aren't defending the Constitution. They're fighting it.

Lying about that is asinine.
    But this hypothetical question/scenario in itself is unconstitutional. You would have to break the constitution by prohibiting guns, therefore teh US in one way or another has ceased to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    How so? Do you even know why we have the 2nd amendment? If you want to roll over for your overlords then go ahead ... dont expect everyone else to do the same.
    Your Ar-15 is like a pea shooter compared to the government's tanks and other weapons. Aside from that, name someone who proposed gun prohibition. Nobody did.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this hypothetical question/scenario in itself is unconstitutional. You would have to break the constitution by prohibiting guns, therefore teh US in one way or another has ceased to exist.
    No, you wouldn't. There's already gun control legislation in place which could be expanded upon without breaching the 2nd Amendment, and worse, the 2nd Amendment could legitimately be repealed entirely. That's the hypothetical scenario, not the nonsense you're making up.

Banning guns would be as unconstitutional as, say, banning slavery. And you managed to pull that off.

You realize they don't bother with that, right?

They just criminalize ownership of the weapon types that are now disallowed, and let people turn them in at police stations without penalty. So if you turn in your weapon, no problem. You get caught with that weapon, big additional charges go on to whatever else they were going to charge you with.
    Yeah but that's not what people are asking for. They literally want to suddenly live in a utopia where guns never existed and the second amendmend was never invented.
    They need to realize that's just not how life works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Your Ar-15 is like a pea shooter compared to the government's tanks and other weapons. Aside from that, name someone who proposed gun prohibition. Nobody did.
    Well the OP in some form implied that it wodn't work or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but that's not what people are asking for. They literally want to suddenly live in a utopia where guns never existed and the second amendmend was never invented.
    They need to realize that's just not how life works.
    That's not what anyone in this thread, or in the media, has been asking for, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you wouldn't. There's already gun control legislation in place which could be expanded upon without breaching the 2nd Amendment, and worse, the 2nd Amendment could legitimately be repealed entirely. That's the hypothetical scenario, not the nonsense you're making up.

Banning guns would be as unconstitutional as, say, banning slavery. And you managed to pull that off.
    So could the 1st or the fifth amendment, which would lead to the exact same scenario, if not worse. I wodnl't put slavery of another human beings, with another persons right to protection. That isn't even a comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    So could the 1st or the fifth amendment, which would lead to the exact same scenario, if not worse. I wodnl't put slavery of another human beings, with another persons right to protection. That isn't even a comparison.
    We aren't talking about a right to self defense at all, in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the OP in some form implied that it wodn't work or something.
    It won't work. Nobody even thinks so, but maybe if these guns were harder for crazy people to get we might be better off.

That's not what anyone in this thread, or in the media, has been asking for, no.
    No because no one is offering a decent solution to the problem. They just wish that in their head and ask for Trump to make everything better with the push of a button or something and they are having a serious fucking blast of blaming him with everything they can think of because it helps them forgetting how useless and irrelevant they are as they can't come up with a logical and useful solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because no one is offering a decent solution to the problem. They just wish that in their head and ask for Trump to make everything better with the push of a button or something and they are having a serious fucking blast of blaming him with everything they can think of because it helps them forgetting how useless and irrelevant they are as they can't come up with a logical and useful solution.
    Yeah, that's a lie. You're not listening when people offer suggestions or improvements, is all. Your refusal to listen to those voices does not mean they've magically ceased to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It won't work. Nobody even thinks so, but maybe if these guns were harder for crazy people to get we might be better off.
    You wont get a disagreement there. When I hear prohibition, I think illegal period.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    guns can be 3d printed now.
    How does that work? It’s not like you can 3D print gunpowder.

people are offering "decent" ideas to try and fix this issue, you're just too unreasonable to even hear them.

Yeah, that's a lie. You're not listening when people offer suggestions or improvements, is all. Your refusal to listen to those voices does not mean they've magically ceased to exist.
    Oh I listen, that's why I said:
    no one is offering a decent solution to the problem
    The keyword here is not "solution" it's "decent".

People have been offering solutions but out of frustration without thinking. Nothing practical has been said and also every solutions so far are about the control of guns instead of fixing the problem: which is that too many Americans are going fucking crazy.
    There are people who have been working in big political jobs who decided it would be great to either have Trump or Clinton running for president. This kind of situation should never happen, and that's a decision coming from people who should be considered smart.
    So the people who are in a situation where intellect is very important, are making stupid decisions(and so is the rest of the country for even voting at all), now imagine what a troubled kid can think of?

The state of mind of the entire country is in a more dire position than what any amount of gun could possibly do. The average American is not even mentally stable, office workers are pumping themselves with adderall just to go through their fucking boring day, fathers leave their kids, moms drink while pregnant (at 16), teachers at universities are brainwashing kids, telling them they can be what they are not. Let's go kids, forget about facts, science, biology, nature, if you want to be a sex that doesn't exist then so be it you can invent it yourself and change every 5 minutes if you so please oh and don't forget to force everyone around you to change the words they use to please your weak self-esteem because calling you by what you are is a terrible offense.

At this point shooting kids in school is just a natural step after all this fucking nonsense. It's not because there's guns everywhere, it's because there's stupidity everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hella clutch View Post
    people are offering "decent" ideas to try and fix this issue, you're just too unreasonable to even hear them.
    Tagging you in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't talking about a right to self defense at all, in the first place.
    Then what are you talking about. I would much rather have a gun to scare off a attacker then having to resort to my mitts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this thread would be someone calling for alcohol to be banned but no it's somehow worse than that

10+ Year Old Account

There are myriad decent solutions on offer, in the form of how every other developed nation handles this kind of stuff. Stop pretending otherwise.

Then what are you talking about. I would much rather have a gun to scare off a attacker then having to resort to my mitts.
    The 2nd Amendment, not self defense rights. They aren't the same thing.

For instance, in Canada, we have the right to self defense. We do NOT have a right to bear arms, particularly not things like handguns. And oddly enough, we have way less murders.

People have been offering solutions but out of frustration without thinking. Nothing practical has been said and also every solutions so far are about the control of guns instead of fixing the problem: which is that too many Americans are going fucking crazy.
    There are people who have been working in big political jobs who decided it would be great to either have Trump or Clinton running for president. This kind of situation should never happen, and that's a decision coming from people who should be considered smart.
    So the people who are in a situation where intellect is very important, are making stupid decisions(and so is the rest of the country for even voting at all), now imagine what a troubled kid can think of?

The state of mind of the entire country is in a more dire position than what any amount of gun could possibly do. The average American is not even mentally stable, office workers are pumping themselves with adderall just to go through their fucking boring day, fathers leave their kids, moms drink while pregnant (at 16), teachers at universities are brainwashing kids, telling them they can be what they are not. Let's go kids, forget about facts, science, biology, nature, if you want to be a sex that doesn't exist then so be it you can invent it yourself and change every 5 minutes if you so please oh and don't forget to force everyone around you to change the words they use to please your weak self-esteem because calling you by what you are is a terrible offense.

At this point shooting kids in school is just a natural step after all this fucking nonsense. It's not because there's guns everywhere, it's because there's stupidity everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Tagging you in there.
    what is this nonsense? are you seriously making the argument that because "people" react irrationally to a tragedy that there aren't at least a handful of people who are in fact being pragmatic and coming up with debatable solutions? or that there is no possible way to try and reduce the number of these tragedies? all because you're, what? a fucking nihilist? what effort you put in to be so passive aggressive.