Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And all it will take, is for a government to ban exchanges within their borders, and it would almost completely destroy the currency immediately.

There's also the issue of the sheer number of currencies, most of which will inevitably fail... and be worthless.

I look forward to the day when we can use cryptocurrency, but the current design of most of them is not tenable.
    Chinese Yuan before the ban accounted for 70% of all Bitcoin trade. After the ban it's less than 1%.
    That was back in September. Bitcoin was below $4000 back in September. Crypto destroyed? The facts say no. The history says no. It's not going to happen.

Also privacy coins are able to break through the Chinese Great Firewall. Also, decentralized exchanges cannot be banned. And there's plenty of those.

Like it or not, crypto is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Chinese Yuan before the ban accounted for 70% of all Bitcoin trade. After the ban it's less than 1%.
    That was back in September. Bitcoin was below $4000 back in September. Crypto destroyed? The facts say no. The history says no. It's not going to happen.

Also privacy coins are able to break through the Chinese Great Firewall. Also, decentralized exchanges cannot be banned. And there's plenty of those.

Like it or not, crypto is here to stay.
    If the United States drops the hammer on exchanges, you know exactly what will happen. the same goes for the EU.

Vote with your wallets up until it's not time to.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a8217676.html

Ouch and with Brexit at our doorstep, it's going to get even worse. All we can hope for now is change during the next election.
    And if change doesn’t happen, perhaps it’s time they take up arms and force the country to make the right and necessary changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If the United States drops the hammer on exchanges, you know exactly what will happen. the same goes for the EU.
    That's not going to happen. The US and EU are going to regulate instead of ban. This is how capitalism works. Why ban something you can earn a shitload of money on?
    It's the countries who are too scared to give up economic control like China who ban crypto. Also, Chinese economy is bigger than US. The ban still didn't leave much effect. Especially since China was actually buying Bitcoin A LOT more than any other countries. It was more than all other countries combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    That's not going to happen. The US and EU are going to regulate instead of ban. This is how capitalism works. Why ban something you can earn a shitload of money on?
    It's the countries who are too scared to give up economic control like China who ban crypto. Also, Chinese economy is bigger than US. The ban still didn't leave much effect. Especially since China was actually buying Bitcoin A LOT more than any other countries. It was more than all other countries combined.
    They really aren't going to be earning money, it's a threat to actual governments. The biggest flaw with crypto, is that there's very little demand for actual use of it as currency. In essence, it's no different than the market for ostric and emu eggs 30 years ago. They were selling for a ton of money, because people thought they were going to be in high demand.

As it stands, the growth is based on speculation, not on actual demand. Once again, that's fine, but it doesn't mean any actual increase to GDP is going to occur. as it stands, it's an energy sink more than anything else.

I am fine with the existence of cryptocurrency. Hell, I am a libertarian, so I love the idea. I simply oppose any cryptocurrency that has its supply defined on a regressive, asymptotic curve. Until that changes, then there is no reason to back it for me.

Don't worry guys Brexit will fix everything.

The irony is that UK millennials are faring much better than those of other developed countries.

Of course they are worse than before. The technology is advancing rapidly and a lot of previously highly paid jobs are useless. New jobs are created instead, related to technology.

The problem is... people don't understand this. They have no idea about the technological revolution that is going on and they can't handle it. A lot of people go into traditional jobs that are going to disappear in the next 20 years, so the whole thing is going to get worse. By the time they realize what is going on, they will be 40 and still working at fast food restaurants.

Learn math. Math, which is described by some people as "difficult and useless", is the key to everything. It's the language of the future, and people don't speak a word of it. It's a gateway to most, if not all, highly paid jobs of the future. You need to understand AI to avoid being replaced by it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2018-02-21 at 07:55 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You are Canadian, stop acting like you care or live in these other countries.
    Unfortunately the OP likes to stick their nose in where it is not wanted..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wait, is tennis British or just posing as one to score millennial points?
    I would say posing as one by the looks of it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Unfortunately the OP likes to stick their nose in where it is not wanted..

- - - Updated - - -

I would say posing as one by the looks of it..
    So basicly this is another brexit hate thing with him.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Well, maybe because the UK will likely become Greece 2.0 after the Brexit?

As long as they don't drag the rest of us down with them, they can self-destruct their economy all they want.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So basicly this is another brexit hate thing with him.
    Probably, who knows but they always come off as they think that they know better, than those whose job it is to sort these issues out.. It is people like the OP who can not seem to grasp that if the citizens of Britain did not want Brexit then the vote would be in the other direction and the UK would still be in the EU.. Plus the vote could of swung the other way if those that did not vote bothered to do so Britain may well still be in the EU..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Ouch and with Brexit at our doorstep, it's going to get even worse. All we can hope for now is change during the next election.
    you really have no idea, do you young un.
    brexit is the best thing that could happen to this country.
    dont like it? move to mainland europe.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

As long as they don't drag the rest of us down with them, they can self-destruct their economy all they want.
    I don't think anyone could beat Greece in that department, since for all intents and purposes Greece is a basket case and the EU is spending billions to keep them in the EU.. Pretty much most corporations would have cut and run by now.. And from what I understand and (probably wrong) Greece has brought the problems it has on themselves..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    aint going to happen.
    enjoy paying more for the privilege of being an eu member once were gone.
    you are aware your taxes are going to have to make up the billions of pounds shortfall once were gone.
    have fun!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peaky blinder View Post
    you really have no idea, do you young un.
    brexit is the best thing that could happen to this country.
    dont like it? move to mainland europe.
    I doubt they are even in the uk, just spouting shit to get sjw bonus points cause leaving the 'progressive eu is baaaaad'
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I dunno Tennis seems to be one of the few people that tries to empathize with people. Even if they use it for their trolling purposes.
    I feel like that makes it worse, like he's studying to be a better troll.

Ah, The results of Brexit are going to be one for the history books.

Earnings statistics are misleading, look at every wage gap (earnings gap in disguise) issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income...United_Kingdom
    Last edited by Ryme; 2018-02-21 at 04:47 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh