Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The maturity gap between a 14 year old and say a 24 year old is so considerable that anyone who wants to bang someone that young who isn't also that young has some issues... Even if it doesn't end up hurting the teenager, it's still really gross. She looked for support in the wrong place? What is going on in your head where you can bond emotionally and become romantically attached with someone that young despite being 30? Lady has issues.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Apparently it's hard for people to figure out that the sex itself is only part of the issue, and that the greater part of the abuse lies in an adult with authority abusing said invested authority in order to have sex with a minor, illegally.

But hey, we've got actual apologists for pedophilia around here, so there's no low I'm not surprised to see defended on mmo-champ.
    Hey now, These people need help. I am talking about the ones who deal with urges, never acting on them and can't get help because people have this archaic view of throwing everyone in prison.

It's a huge mental issue that everyone glances over, we help people with other mental issues but this one is a problem. They can't confide in doctors or anyone without fear of being exposed for their mental issues. I know people will absolutely hate me for saying it but it's the truth. It's a huge fucking problem with the way we deal with this type of mental health issue.

Men and Women are not equal, we have all known this for a long time. There is no real justice with sexual equality, and that is modern societies fault.

Can we make a double standards police to arrest this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    I think Southpark did it well with

Pretty much sums this case up it seems.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Brains develop until 25. That's why America doesn't allow people under 25 to have sex, join the military, own guns, drink (which, according to America, requires the most developed brains somehow).

Oh, wait.

Age of consent is completely arbitrary. Obviously the best way to do it would be case-by-case, but that's not going to go over well, so an arbitrary number (15-18 generally) is set to blanket sweep punishments.
    People with fully developed brains shouldn’t be sleeping with people without, and ya it’s an arbitrary number I’d have it be 25 to all of thoses things but that’s not realistically gonna happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I assume with someone who isn't a teenager. Honestly though 16 is a pretty good age to keep age of consent, with Romeo and Juliet Clauses.
    That's what it is in the UK. I agree. Still teenager included 13 tear olds which is far to young

Honestly, 6 months to a year should've been the sentence, whether the kid was 15 or not. It's just not acceptable behavior from a teacher and sets a bad precedent when the sentencing is so lenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    That statutory rape is a pretty stupid concept for teenagers ?

Should she be fired and face consequences ? Sure, a teacher shouldn't engagne in a relationship with a minor student.
    Should she be put in jail ? Nope, that's stupid if it wasn't an actual real rape. NOT when both parties are consenting.

Let's stop pretending teenagers are fragile flowers, they aren't.
    Get back with me when you get old enough to realize that we are not talking about 2 random people but 2 people, 1 of which was in a position of authority over the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Brains develop until 25. That's why America doesn't allow people under 25 to have sex, join the military, own guns, drink (which, according to America, requires the most developed brains somehow).

Oh, wait.

Age of consent is completely arbitrary. Obviously the best way to do it would be case-by-case, but that's not going to go over well, so an arbitrary number (15-18 generally) is set to blanket sweep punishments.
    Pretty sure laws are not intended to be changed on a case by case basis, which is what you are saying is best. Then you have the issue of some judges being biased towards one sex or another, judges with different ideas as to how old someone should be before sex, judges that had a bad day, etc. Laws have to be specific about certain things.

a pedophile woman sexually assaults an under-aged person, walks away with no jail time and being suspended WITH PAY.

equality tho amirite?!??

a man would have been fired with no less than 5 years of prison time, regardless of how sorry he was. bullshit like this needs to stop, if you want real equality it needs to go both ways.

Not only was it illegal it was unethical and yet people defend it, this is what is wrong with society.

Deleted
    Canada basically saying it's ok to fuck underage boys if you're female. Fortunately the UK puts women sex offenders in prison

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one that find Tennisface's avatar highly ironic considering it's from a manga called Domestic No Kanojo where the main character has a relationship with his teacher?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What exactly did you refer to then by "for-cash ass"?
    Probably normal prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Totally. Do enlighten me then, oh great master of literacy, what does an "exception" mean in context of age of consent then. <snip>
    In that context, you're absolutely correct. Your initial post read as those you were trying to make the argument that AOC laws were some sort of guideline for the older person rather than protection for the younger person. Regardless, there's no reason to be a cunt about it.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-02-21 at 06:02 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Alright we got another one for 14.

Getting lower and lower here, folks.

Lol.
    Obviously "if it bleeds it breads" /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how the men here would feel if they have a daughter who at 15 years old is having sex with a adult teacher. I'm fairly certain there would be a change in opinion if it hit closer to home for them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if it was a male, you know, you just knooow there'd be a shitstorm of people calling for him to be thrown in jail for how ever many years
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Bet she would have gone to prison if she had been male.
    You concern would be taken a lot more seriously if you all were advocating for equality in other areas too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    A woman gets off jailtime for having sex with a minor? This ain't really news.
    In Canada it is.

I think one of my biggest problems with this is this line:

Several students CBC News spoke with said she was their favourite teacher and "more of a friend than a teacher."

"If you had problems, you could discuss it with her," said one male student.
    Had this been a male teacher this would have 100% been called grooming, and there would be serious legal implications. But for whatever reason, no matter how often this exact story is repeated female teachers almost always get off the hook for statutory rape.

all fault of the dumbass who say "nice" on story like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.