2 2.50%
  • Buddhism

1 1.25%
  • Hinduism

1 1.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a christian but I ain't hardcore because I often question it and I don't bring it up around others or shove in other people faces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I've never watched x-files. Is it worth giving a shot despite its age?
    Its good, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Atheist.

Most agnostics are atheists too, they're just blinded by a hope for something more, and too scared to embrace the void.

And don't give me this "I'm agnostic because we can't prove one way or another if he exists or not" crap. We can't prove one way or another if Santa Clause exists but we know he doesn't. It's just fairy tales for kids, to help them feel better about the world.
    I am agnostic and I have accepted that there is most likely nothing when you die and I don't care. I just don't put possibilities out the window because we only know about 4% of what is in the universe let alone what is beyond our universe.

Raised catholic but noticed that its just a scam to make money when I started working and they collected church tax lul. Now atheist and happy.

After all the scandals about basically every religion its a shame that people still follow them.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2018-02-21 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Apatheist.
    That's a very apt description me, too. I would describe myself as atheist, but I've long since moved past the cringe edgelord atheist phase. I just could not care what faith people have, largely speaking. At least in America, religious people don't have any power.

Atheist I guess as I don't believe in a religion or gods. Still did the whole christian confirmation stuff when I was a teenager though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter
    I've never watched x-files.
    See, that's how powerful it is! It's out there, permeating the the airwaves even now, bouncing off your cells, resonating. Erm, warn us if you notice a dark, oily discharge around your eyes, OK?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So which one are you?

I'm Atheist.
    I also have met quite a few African people who think we are demons.
    Also most Chinese I've met expressed they have no faith.
    Thais love Buddha but I think they love their dead king even more. I witnessed a foreigner getting bitch slapped by his Thai girlfriend because he wasn't standing up during kings anthem in a cinema (in Thailand).
    I have also met few Muslims. They seemed rather normal. Extremism is rare.

Edit:
    First time creating a poll. I messed up and was unable to add Agnostic, Spirituality and others. Sorry.
    Religion discussion is not allowed

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never watched x-files. Is it worth giving a shot despite its age?
    Yes. It's an awesome show.

Also it's very interesting to watch in technology advancement perspective - the show starts with normal wired phones, typewriters, 80's block like cars etc.

Then you get a blue screen computer for typing....beepers.....cell phones...a more modern computer with graphical interface... DNA testing...

It's like a technological time travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So which one are you?

I'm Atheist.
    I also have met quite a few African people who think we are demons.
    Also most Chinese I've met expressed they have no faith.
    Thais love Buddha but I think they love their dead king even more. I witnessed a foreigner getting bitch slapped by his Thai girlfriend because he wasn't standing up during kings anthem in a cinema (in Thailand).
    I have also met few Muslims. They seemed rather normal. Extremism is rare.

Edit:
    First time creating a poll. I messed up and was unable to add Agnostic, Spirituality and others. Sorry.
    Atheist and in before thread closes lol

IMO I think religious belief makes no sense. Especially in light of scientific advances and acknowledgement that religious people demand that you deny scientific facts like evolution and age of the earth...

Raised Catholic, but now Agnostic since there is no irrefutable proof that a god exists, I like to stay a little open to the idea though since the universe in itself is still mysterious and weird. It helps that my family doesn't really care or mind what I believe in, so I have no worries about that.

Undecided between agnostic and atheist. Mostly atheist right now.

Deleted
    Raised as a Christian, don't believe in Christianity any longer but still believe there is something out there. What does that make me?
    You believe in Kim Jong-un now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    At least in America, religious people don't have any power.
    Just wait till Pence is president.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You believe in Kim Jong-un now?
    Why would I believe in him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    See, that's how powerful it is! It's out there, permeating the the airwaves even now, bouncing off your cells, resonating. Erm, warn us if you notice a dark, oily discharge around your eyes, OK?
    Is it horror-esque? Not sure I'd enjoy it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Just wait till Pence is president.
    It won't matter. The supreme court ruled on it. That was their last bastion of hope; the one thing they tried to fight to keep, and they fucking lost. They have nothing else left. Now the hardcore ones that seriously opposed it, which I suspect is not a lot despite what you may believe, can piss and moan about, but won't do them any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Egotheist "And I made god in my image."

No honestly, pretty atheist. I still think that many of the core christian values (which it also shares with many many other religions) are technically a positive influence, but I despise the institutionalisation of pretty much all religions and them requiring some for or another of obedience or acceptance of unproven facts as well as "god given" hierachies. What we call religions today has in pretty much all instances become a mere power tool, and that's pretty much the only reason people strive to keep it from being pushed aside by knowledge-based norms and values. Lack in education - even 1st world regions - do the rest.
    Im with ya brother. Pretty much sums up my thoughts about it aswell.

Christian , even though i'm far from the best one at times.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter
    Is it horror-esque? Not sure I'd enjoy it then.
    Some episodes more than others, although even those tend to be played for suspense more than flat out horror. It is mainly political intrigues that I don't want to say too much about because that would get into spoilers, with a dash of aliens thrown in. Yes, they do throw in bits of humor too.

On Topic: Agnostic here
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Christian 100% not a little or even on the fence, the only time I ever had a crisis of faith was maybe in my teens, but that was mostly because I understood the wrong questions. Took a great deal of studying through the years though. So Both Lutheran Christian
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Atheist with an interest in the Stoic philosophy