Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    ya know what country has the largest mass shooting on record??? Australia and it has yet to be beat in the last 20 years

they have a gun ban
    They have a gun ban NOW as a RESULT of that mass shooting, and there hasn't been one since. FFS.

Also the Las Vegas incident last year has a higher number (58 killed with ~500 injured) than the Port Arthur incident (35 killed, 23 injured) so get your facts straight.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2018-02-21 at 07:29 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What about 2-9 then? More asterisks? You get an asterisk, you get an asterisk, everyone gets an asterisk!!
    If there was a single event that caused a large portion of the data to be skewed I see no harm in adding an asterisk. In fact in this data there should be sources for these numbers that breaks down when, and what happened specifically. Just showing data without context largely isn't very helpful in understanding what is happening, and why.

No facts I have presented have been countered. Why make up lies? Just because a certain researcher is disliked by you, or comes to conclusions you disagree with, does not make the facts presented untrue. You need to provide counter facts, if you intend to dispute these.

I gave my facts, let's see yours. Show me where mine are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for that thoughtful and detailed contribution to the thread. I'm sure it will spur much debate!
    Because these facts are obviously as cherry-picked as possible to reach a desired conclusion, like if one was limiting a study of deaths caused by planes in the world from 1998 to 2003 and then concluding that the US has a massive plane security problem, despite the fact that said deaths would obviously have spiked into the stratosphere because of 9/11 which is an isolated incident.

Let's see data points over 20, 30, 40 years, that's where you can see statistically significant trends. Or start from a point where European countries instituted more severe gun laws. Don't choose 6 cherry-picked years where terrorist attacks in Europe were the worst in a long time and pretend this is normalcy while at the same time using a ridiculously narrow definition of ''mass shooting'' to exclude tons of events that happened in the US.

Also as others have said, Norway and other countries actually acted to prevent more massacres in the future. Americans don't do anything but blame it on mental illness as if only Americans could possibly be mentally ill.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-02-21 at 07:31 PM.

Actually, the data for Norway was correct. While google said 77 people were killed by Breivik, it included the 9 people who were killed by the bomb he planted, the rest was shot. Totally forgot about the bomb.

Woops! Guess the data for Norway is correct after all; the time frame makes it super faulty though. Consider that without Breivik, Norway would sit at no mass shooting victims AT ALL.

Pretty amazing (and hilarious) example of how to scew data entirely to fit with your point of view
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If Gun Control laws work so well, please explain Chicago and Detroit. Among other cities with strict gun control laws

Deleted
    All this thread pointed out is that not only does America have the most mass Shootings, but the Schools are terrible.

Deleted
    Facts are facts. They are real, whether you believe in them or not.

Also, is telling people to fuck off really a polite way to discuss this important research? I don't recall me cursing at you, or resorting to vulgarity. Let's stay on topic, and not lob personal attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Facts don't care about your feelings.
    He's a fucking fraudster you moron.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-02-21 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    If Gun Control laws work so well, please explain Chicago and Detroit. Among other cities with strict gun control laws
    Because those Gun Control Laws are bad and Flawed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like guns are banned in most of the countries listed. How are there gun deaths in places where there are no guns allowed?
    i'm trying to understand you man, but i can't.

What is it that makes you so passionate in defending assault rifle, military weapon design for warfare. Self protection? i get it, but actually i don't. You don't need to shoot 45 round a minute with a high capacity assault rifle for self protection. I simple glock would do.

Meanwhile, mass shooting, mass murdering are made far far easier by having those weapon sold like baguette in France.

Are you that devoid of a human heart that you do not feel anything when kid are being murdered by the hundreds, by the thousands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Pretty amazing (and hilarious) example of how to scew data entirely to fit with your point of view
    No its not. He's a fraudster. He just makes numbers up.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Does a ban on selling cigarettes in your favorite bar mean that cigarettes aren't available at the next gas station on the other side of the road, resulting in your bar being cigarette free? No?

Here is your answer, if you need help with basic logic a 3rd grader could provide, feel free to ask me again.

@Tijuana posting facts... you know that triggers these kids

But seriously, how do people not understand this. It's simple, if you take a country that has a billion people and compare it to countries that have a million, you're going to get much larger numbers. But those numbers aren't accurate representations of the country as a whole.

Country A has 1 million people and has 1 school shooting a year
    Country B has 1 billion people and has 10 school shootings a year

If you see this and think country A is better... you're an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

But seriously, how do people not understand this. It's simple, if you take a country that has a billion people and compare it to countries that have a million, you're going to get much larger numbers. But those numbers aren't accurate representations of the country as a whole.

Actually his facts are falling apart; but acknowledging that would trigger you and him both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Does a ban on selling cigarettes in your favorite bar mean that cigarettes aren't available at the next gas station on the other side of the road, resulting in your bar being cigarette free? No?

Here is your answer, if you need help with basic logic a 3rd grader could provide, feel free to ask me again.
    Except you have to register weapons...which includes giving out your address.

Gun Control laws don't work because CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW LAWS.

All you do with Gun Control laws and making them stricter is take guns out of Citizens who follow the laws hands and make them unable to defend yourself.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

do you include the 2015 paris terrorist attack in your "domestic" mass shooting statistics?

So, mass shootings only matter if there is no terrorism? What?

- - - Updated - - -
    Exacty. And why don't we ban knives? Because hardly anyone goes on a killing spree with a knife.

Why do facts make you angry? They are inanimate. They are just sitting there. You don't even have to read them.

Blaming terrorism on the US is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard a human say. Walk me through your logic. If we are to blame for the actions of terrorists, then who is to blame for us? Everyone is responsible for their own actions, and not responsible for the actions of others. This is a core tenet of every civilized society.
    Maybe you haven't paid attention to your resident policy makers. They openly admit to deliberately destabilze whole regions politically. Divide et impera. Ofc the whole terrorism thing is the making of US policy makers, they are the cause, not the answer. It's all for $$$. Yeah, and many thanks from Berlin, we had a terrific Christmas in 2016.

That's not even close to what's going on here with this 'data.'

It's a little bit more complicated than a 4th grade proportions problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    LOL!! What the fuck kind of math this that.
    Um, that would be very basic math. Do you actually struggle with that? I can tutor you for a small amount of $20 / hour * 3 hours * 4 days /week.